The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
gilligoos

Training Camp Schedule

Oh man, I think it has been like 3 years since I've posted here. And I have always enjoyed the discussions here....I guess the last few years I have been just an observer of comments and replies.

Anyways, anyone know the schedule for training camp? I assume there will be a higher interest this weekend bc of the new facility. Just want to see what time they expect to open sessions on Saturday. Making sure I don't show up too late once it's filled up.

Apparently camp opens with Rakell-Steel-Silfverberg and Ritchie-Getzlaf-Terry doing drills together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Apparently camp opens with Rakell-Steel-Silfverberg and Ritchie-Getzlaf-Terry doing drills together. 

i like the spread.  man... it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice if Ritchie came alive this year.

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Also Comtois-Henrique-Kase

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i like the spread.  man... it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice if Ritchie came alive this year.

Would rather see a more tenacious Max Jones on that line than Ritchie. 

35 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Those aren’t bad 3 lines right there. Yes you can make some switches but not bad already imo 

Agreed. I don't know where Jones and Sprong played today, but add in a 4th line of maybe Jones-Rowney-Sprong to those three lines and that's a four-line starting unit that makes me excited for the season to start. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gilligoos said:

Would rather see a more tenacious Max Jones on that line than Ritchie. 

don't get me wrong, i don't have high hopes with Ritchie, but i can't help but hope.

Maybe if Ritchie plays on a line with a passer like Getzlaf all season, and a talented winger like Terry, he will finally reach his full potential. No offense to Henrique, but he's no passer like Getzlaf. Some might even say Henrique shoots the puck as much as he passes it. No wonder Ritchie wasn't scoring more goals. Maybe he finally will, on a like with Getzlaf. 

Interesting Line combos....important thing is will they work?....which is the main question.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/14/2019 at 5:45 AM, duck123 said:

Maybe if Ritchie plays on a line with a passer like Getzlaf all season, and a talented winger like Terry, he will finally reach his full potential. No offense to Henrique, but he's no passer like Getzlaf. Some might even say Henrique shoots the puck as much as he passes it. No wonder Ritchie wasn't scoring more goals. Maybe he finally will, on a like with Getzlaf. 

i disagree.  both with your characterization of Hank, and with your statement that ritchie would look better with Getz and Terry.  for the latter, you aren't wrong, but it's a statement that is true no matter which player you slot in with Getz (and whoever).  plus, i'll add that Ritchie has been placed in all kinds of positions on the team, including one similar to what you're suggesting, and he either took too many penalties or failed to score or gave up the puck.... too often to stay there.  

ritchie needs to work to earn a spot on the top two lines.  we're well past the point where we just give him a look.

• Like 2

Training camp was always open to the public when it was at Anaheim Ice, wasn't it?  Is this the norm going forward now?  That really sucks, I live in South O.C., and had thought I'd actually have a chance to swing by there more easily.

• Like 2

i'm going to hazard a guess and say this is about this year, and that practices will be open again next year.  it gives Eakins freedom to talk to players, and them to respond, any way they want, without it becoming a larger issue in the press.  it might also protect Eakins if he's getting a lot of input from BM and Sutter as he slots in as HC.  it might ALSO let the staff have players compete for spots without the looking over the shoulder thing that can happen when the fans are there.

really, i think it's a healthy way to reduce distractions for now.  a lot of new relationships need to be cemented at the beginning of this season.

24 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i'm going to hazard a guess and say this is about this year, and that practices will be open again next year.  it gives Eakins freedom to talk to players, and them to respond, any way they want, without it becoming a larger issue in the press.  it might also protect Eakins if he's getting a lot of input from BM and Sutter as he slots in as HC.  it might ALSO let the staff have players compete for spots without the looking over the shoulder thing that can happen when the fans are there.

really, i think it's a healthy way to reduce distractions for now.  a lot of new relationships need to be cemented at the beginning of this season.

I'm also still thinking about the trade market. GMBM is clearly still trying to get a top-4 RHD, which will likely mean someone gets moved if he can find a trade partner. And I would assume that closing camp to the public also means that no one else's scouts can watch the sessions either. So by closing camp: (a) players don't have to worry about who might be in attendance from another team (especially if its a Buffalo or Edmonton-type), and (b) other teams' GMs will have to value players based on past performances rather than how a player is currently looking in camp. As you say, this helps the players to reduce distractions and just focus on learning the new system and winning a job rather than worrying about possibly being moved.

A closed camp is obviously a bummer for fans, but I get it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I'm also still thinking about the trade market. GMBM is clearly still trying to get a top-4 RHD, which will likely mean someone gets moved if he can find a trade partner. And I would assume that closing camp to the public also means that no one else's scouts can watch the sessions either. So by closing camp: (a) players don't have to worry about who might be in attendance from another team (especially if its a Buffalo or Edmonton-type), and (b) other teams' GMs will have to value players based on past performances rather than how a player is currently looking in camp. As you say, this helps the players to reduce distractions and just focus on learning the new system and winning a job rather than worrying about possibly being moved.

A closed camp is obviously a bummer for fans, but I get it.

It sucks and It would be best for the Ducks to open to the public...Yet I understand not wanting distractions at Camp.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

9 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Wonder if they’ll be any TV or streams for tonight’s game 

Ducks or maybe San Jose will be streaming tonite's preseason game....It will be Radio only.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck