The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
DucksFanX

Dawn

Will Ducks fans enjoy Dawn's rendition of the National Anthem this year. I understand she required throat surgery early last season. I hope to hear her announced, once again, as "Dawn Wright from Tustin"!

Edited by DucksFanX
date
  • Like 3

Sorry but Dawn is gone. Being replaced by Tim Kepler. Hope he has the EMOTION that Dawn had.

GO DUCKS !!!!

5 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Sorry but Dawn is gone. Being replaced by Tim Kepler. Hope he has the EMOTION that Dawn had.

GO DUCKS !!!!

He is very, very good. Dawn has also offered to fill in occasionally. 

I'm sure it won't happen, but if I were in charge, I would suggest that on Opening Night, both Dawn and Tim are introduced, and Dawn sings the 1st Verse, giving the crowd an opportunity to shout her name one last time.  Then she can turn the mic over to Tim, and let him take it from there.  Kind of a passing of the torch.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I'm sure it won't happen, but if I were in charge, I would suggest that on Opening Night, both Dawn and Tim are introduced, and Dawn sings the 1st Verse, giving the crowd an opportunity to shout her name one last time.  Then she can turn the mic over to Tim, and let him take it from there.  Kind of a passing of the torch.

For once I agree....True enough I think it would be nice.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

There definitely needs to be some kind of closure opportunity.  A chance to cheer loudly one last time, knowing it is the last. 

So many things in life are a last time that we don't know about, including (so far) the last time she performed.  Whenever there are opportunities to knowingly say farewell, we should make those happen.

Although I want to enjoy new Tim as our singer, there are parts of his performance that set me off.  He (like many others that sing the tune) seem to think it is a personal performance when in reality he needs to be leading the arena in song.  The National Anthem is best enjoyed as a sing along, at a fairly constant tempo, with few flourishes.  One item I loved about Dawn (besides her male-voice friendly range) was that her performance was repeatable each time so once I learned her adaptations and key changes, I could sing along each time.  

The Canadian crowd is even more of a sing along crowd, with much of the arena expressing their national pride with their voices.  It will be interesting to see how that version works out.

My feedback to Tim is:  Welcome to the team!  As much as we enjoy your other renditions, for THIS crowd/sport, just set the metronome at about 90 bpm and sing it straight.  You will find an arena of patriotic voices backing you up, either vocally or silently in their hearts,  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love My Ducks said:

Although I want to enjoy new Tim as our singer, there are parts of his performance that set me off.  He (like many others that sing the tune) seem to think it is a personal performance when in reality he needs to be leading the arena in song.  The National Anthem is best enjoyed as a sing along, at a fairly constant tempo, with few flourishes.  One item I loved about Dawn (besides her male-voice friendly range) was that her performance was repeatable each time so once I learned her adaptations and key changes, I could sing along each time.  

The Canadian crowd is even more of a sing along crowd, with much of the arena expressing their national pride with their voices.  It will be interesting to see how that version works out.

My feedback to Tim is:  Welcome to the team!  As much as we enjoy your other renditions, for THIS crowd/sport, just set the metronome at about 90 bpm and sing it straight.  You will find an arena of patriotic voices backing you up, either vocally or silently in their hearts,  

He sang fantastically, but I completely agree with this take.  He put his own flourish on it and it took the crowd out of it because they couldn't join in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fisix said:

he did fine.  embrace change.

Change is always good...Tim did well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1