Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

how long has it been?

Recommended Posts

Want to know how long it's been since I watched hockey?  Let me tell you how long.

Tonight, I was this >---< close to leaving work in about 50min to drive up to the Pond to watch some preseason hockey.  Which would have been really sad.  Funny, but sad.

Are they planning on streaming tonight for free anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outshot and down 2-0 after 10 minutes.  No wonder they have practice closed.  

Has there ever been less off-season and training camp buzz around this team?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

Outshot and down 2-0 after 10 minutes.  No wonder they have practice closed.  

Has there ever been less off-season and training camp buzz around this team?

2-2.  They must have opened up practice.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAPPY 1st WIN OF THE SEASON!!! 4-3 over the silly SHORKS!!!

Shore - Deslauries - Henrique - MAX JONES for the game winner!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharks, iced!

Nice to see the fledglings not sit back after getting clocked early.

Also, Ritchie....jeeez dude, get some hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drake12 said:

Sharks, iced!

Nice to see the fledglings not sit back after getting clocked early.

Also, Ritchie....jeeez dude, get some hands.

Seriously, Besides that big hit in the first, he looked like a nervous rookie . Cmon Ritchboi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was actually a stream available for everyone on the Ducks' homepage but it was a crappy local arena video with Sharks radio team commentary. I only seen the last 10 minutes of the 3d period of that stream so can't tell much.

The NHL gamecenter has this: https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ana-vs-sjs/2019/09/17/2019010022#game=2019010022,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

So, we had 4 distinct centers in Rico, Shore, Lundestrom and Groulx. All but Lundestrom got bullied in the circle. The roster was rouhly 50\50 regulars and hopefuls. Miller and Stolarz split the net. Sad thing is Hakanpaa getting 2 minors - I have high hopes for the D pickup from Finland World Champions. How did he look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually played fairly well in the second. The third was kind of a toss up. During the first period I had a bad feeling this might be what we get during the regular season and that it was going to be a long one! But I'm glad the boys were able to come back and win. Nothing too spectacular though. Hakanpaa stood out in that he had a couple of penalties and was responsible for one of the goals against. Henrique was noticable. Our defense was falling over quite a bit. It's preseason, kinda hard to tell if this team is any good yet. Just glad hockey is back!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see Resilience in our Ducks awaken last night...Let's hope it's preview of things to come.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fisix said:

i like that we came back in the 2nd.  shows some intestinal fortitude.

pLAYED better in front of the rookie than mILLER. hOPE this isn’t a sign of the future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

pLAYED better in front of the rookie than mILLER. hOPE this isn’t a sign of the future. 

Things look Promising interested to see how the Ducks will Do next game.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2nd game was radio-only from the Coyote Junkyard down in the desert and Ducks sucked for 2 periods, taking a lot of penaties, a 5 on 3 and going down 1 - 3 (Silf). Then the dogs did the same in the 3d and Ritchie scored, then we tied (DeLeo) but Fowler blocked a shock and went to the locker room and did not return - we already have casualties <_< OT was all 'yotes what with all Keller running around, and then they scored 2 in the SO for the win.

Overall - disheartening to hear about Fowler go down, unknown what's up with him at this point, but a good sign that they fight back even in preseason, though Arizona definitely let them back in it. One other tidbit of mood from Steve Carrol is that the bad habits were back, penalties and giveaways, defensive breakdowns. PK is good, though, and Holzer was working his Duck tail off.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch blocked shots can be scary hopefully it was just precautionary. Been hearing good things about the pk but did notice the big differential in pps which is the usual for the Ducks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 8:57 PM, Aksun said:

The 2nd game was radio-only from the Coyote Junkyard down in the desert and Ducks sucked for 2 periods, taking a lot of penaties, a 5 on 3 and going down 1 - 3 (Silf). Then the dogs did the same in the 3d and Ritchie scored, then we tied (DeLeo) but Fowler blocked a shock and went to the locker room and did not return - we already have casualties <_< OT was all 'yotes what with all Keller running around, and then they scored 2 in the SO for the win.

Overall - disheartening to hear about Fowler go down, unknown what's up with him at this point, but a good sign that they fight back even in preseason, though Arizona definitely let them back in it. One other tidbit of mood from Steve Carrol is that the bad habits were back, penalties and giveaways, defensive breakdowns. PK is good, though, and Holzer was working his Duck tail off.

Well...this is the time for Eakins to show what he can do as a coach to make a difference...also there was no Manson or Lindholm in the lineup so at least the breakdowns weren't from our top D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks,Friends...Fellow Ducks we should not wait for one....10 Days till our Ducks are UNLEASHED. Btw Preseason is meaningless since it's Phase 2 of Training Camp aka Gathering of the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Well...this is the time for Eakins to show what he can do as a coach to make a difference...also there was no Manson or Lindholm in the lineup so at least the breakdowns weren't from our top D

Old habits die hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game 3 is a FS-W Kings-commented feed (on NHL.TV at least), so watching with no sound. Ducks started with 3 shots and some forays into the Kings' zone, but then left a wide-open Crater and of course he put it in. All Kings since then being outshot 3-6 at halway 1st period. Let's see how Eakins handles the best of Carlyle style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Game 3 is a FS-W Kings-commented feed (on NHL.TV at least), so watching with no sound. Ducks started with 3 shots and some forays into the Kings' zone, but then left a wide-open Crater and of course he put it in. All Kings since then being outshot 3-6 at halway 1st period. Let's see how Eakins handles the best of Carlyle style.

They haven't looked good outside of the first couple of minutes. There are moments where you think Carlyle is still coaching the team. Carter put a big reverse hit on Kase also. Not a good start

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

They haven't looked good outside of the first couple of minutes. There are moments where you think Carlyle is still coaching the team. Carter put a big reverse hit on Kase also. Not a good start

Somehow we're even outshooting them (8-6) but nothing dangerous. I get an eerie feeling that in games where Baldy is in (the last game and this one) - if he's not lighting it up as the proverbial straw that stirs the drink - the Ducks look deflated. Here's hoping for a 2nd period mad push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Somehow we're even outshooting them (8-6) but nothing dangerous. I get an eerie feeling that in games where Baldy is in (the last game and this one) - if he's not lighting it up as the proverbial straw that stirs the drink - the Ducks look deflated. Here's hoping for a 2nd period mad push.

My bigger concern will be if they continue to play a swarm style of defense, like they did under Carlyle. I saw too much of it in the first period for my liking. They are leaving guys either open or giving them too much space. Got to give Eakins time and flexibility to hopefully make the adjustments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that 2nd was better than the first and we're keeping up, but not a lot of offensive creativity. Some youngsters probably need to add a bit of excitement into the game. Or a Getzalf beast-slam on Brown or Carter. *yawn*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. I just turn on the game and he scores. The first televised game and I'm already over this season. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, poum said:

Meh. I just turn on the game and he scores. The first televised game and I'm already over this season. 🙄

So much for the great PP. Nothing going for the dooks today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Yeah that 2nd was better than the first and we're keeping up, but not a lot of offensive creativity. Some youngsters probably need to add a bit of excitement into the game. Or a Getzalf beast-slam on Brown or Carter. *yawn*

Not a great game, but they looked better after the first. Nothing really going offensively all night which could be a theme for most of the season. The defense still needs to rid itself of the bad habits from last year or else we should put Gibson in bubble wrap and then throw him storage until next October.

Jani Hakanpaa can pass decently but looks like he's going to get eaten alive by the speed at the NHL level.

Kase was the best player for the Ducks tonight. Constantly involved and affecting the play. Terry made some smooth plays. Lindholm looked good on the blue line and I'm liking Simon Benoit a bit more

 

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you say not a great game .We were chasing most of the game Kase looks back to his best.,good to see that

An exhibition snoozer but just hate losing to the la pigs! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...