The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

how long has it been?

11 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

My bigger concern will be if they continue to play a swarm style of defense, like they did under Carlyle. I saw too much of it in the first period for my liking. They are leaving guys either open or giving them too much space. Got to give Eakins time and flexibility to hopefully make the adjustments.

This is my biggest takeaway.  Their defense was really unstructured and guys were left open in the middle of the ice constantly.  If that' Eakins' defensive system, we're in trouble.

9 hours ago, mulcher said:

As you say not a great game .We were chasing most of the game Kase looks back to his best.,good to see that

An exhibition snoozer but just hate losing to the la pigs

I couldn't agree more hating losing to our sworn enemy.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Game day thread for first home ice preseason game. 

alexander true headhunting cam. Not particularly happy about that. 

I liked a bit of what I saw on the Rakell silf line. 

gotta love the grantslaf. 

some cool defensive plays here and there. 

fight was a joke. Glad they both laughed while it was happening. 

13 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

This is my biggest takeaway.  Their defense was really unstructured and guys were left open in the middle of the ice constantly.  If that' Eakins' defensive system, we're in trouble.

I agree, but I’m willing to give the system the benefit of the doubt . Fowler and Del Zotto are the only true nhl’ers playing on defense tonight. Been impressed with MDZ tonight so far I must say .

• Like 2

Guhle has great potential if he can stay healthy. Him and Fowler as a pairing like we saw last year could be a great thing. 

Great all around game I would say. Sloppy in the first but pretty much controlled the play the last 40 minutes. Larsson looked very slow on his feet most of the time, Max Jones  looked really good, and De Leo has some wheels.

Soo much better listening to John and Hazy than whatever we had yesterday, and of course, seeing Gibson in net instantly calms any nerves after yesterday's loss - and it's a 4 - 1 win! Happy to see Ghule providing that scoring punch that we hoped for when traded for Montour, we sorely need that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

0 for 5 on the PP. That's no good. Somebody who saw the game, did they at least generate some offense on the PP?

Yes. Dangerous but scattered shots. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

0 for 5 on the PP. That's no good. Somebody who saw the game, did they at least generate some offense on the PP?

This concerns me not at all until the Ducks get their regular 1st and 2nd units together. Carrick and Lundestrom were on the top unit last night. No Getzlaf, Henrique, Terry, or Kase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

This concerns me not at all until the Ducks get their regular 1st and 2nd units together. Carrick and Lundestrom were on the top unit last night. No Getzlaf, Henrique, Terry, or Kase.

I agree and take it one further...I really don't care how we do in the preseason for any stretch of the imagination. Good or bad. Doesn't matter. It is the time to experiment, try out people, try out things, let non-NHLers have some ice time, audition for roles. Nothing matters in the preseason except getting your feet wet and body ready and mind in competitive condition. That's all I want out of this preseason...people get used to a system, get ready, and know where to be at the start of the season.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

They generated more offense than they did against LA, though SJ was playing their C-squad outside of Timo Meier. PP still needs refinement but they seem more focused on trying cross-seam passes rather than just taking point shots and praying like last year. The Rakell, Lundestrom and Silfverberg line was easily the best line of the night IMO

Defense is still the biggest concern. They won’t get away with how they played last night against a legit NHL roster. 

3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

They generated more offense than they did against LA, though SJ was playing their C-squad outside of Timo Meier. PP still needs refinement but they seem more focused on trying cross-seam passes rather than just taking point shots and praying like last year. The Rakell, Lundestrom and Silfverberg line was easily the best line of the night IMO

Defense is still the biggest concern. They won’t get away with how they played last night against a legit NHL roster.  

Alot of concerns and hopefully Ducks can assemble a team ready for Battle.....8 Days till our Ducks are Unleashed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Was hoping to see Drew and Tracey in the game tonight 

Looks like they they're trying to go with something like a 'finished product' here today. Though it doesn't make much sense, I guess they're trying the avenge the 0-3 from two days away at the Kinks rink as well.

1 minute ago, Pazonator said:

Ducks are buzzing! 

Rico looks like a pointy dagger there! So dangerous!

1 minute ago, Aksun said:

Looks like they they're trying to go with something like a 'finished product' here today. Though it doesn't make much sense, I guess they're trying the avenge the 0-3 from two days away at the Kinks rink as well.

Rico looks like a pointy dagger there! So dangerous!

What’s weird is that Tracey hasn’t been cut and hasn’t played in a preseason game. All while the WHL season is underway and his Moose Jaw team has played two games already. Nothing suggesting that he’s hurt either. 

Was hoping Drew got more of a look in the preseason also. 

4 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

What’s weird is that Tracey hasn’t been cut and hasn’t played in a preseason game. All while the WHL season is underway and his Moose Jaw team has played two games already. Nothing suggesting that he’s hurt either. 

Was hoping Drew got more of a look in the preseason also. 

In his case I can only suggest he got the block for the season from Bob. Our organization has a tendency to expect people to 'not be ready' up front and as a result they spend more years in the minors than in other teams on average. They considered him not NHL ready, but thought giving him time among NHLers in a camp will rub off.

They looked good in the 1st but still making boneheaded playes in the D-zone, Ritchie is a pentaly machine and should've scored 2 on the period the way Kings were letting them.

Edited by Aksun

The 2nd period was about powerless plays. Ducks are 0 for 3 just like the SJ game. Eakins can't find a cure for offense. Mybe the roster isn't cut out to do it. Then at the end - Fowler scores. BUT mister Quick was slammed down by Ritchie and the latter got a penalty with thr goal being disallowed. Hazy goes bananas about how Quck was both skates out of the blue paint when Ritchie hit him. Refs don't care what Hazy says, sadly.

13 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Lazy penalty a reaching slash is always called 

It's preseason and the reft are already in their mid-season duck-hating form.

6 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Ritchie is still fraking Ritchie. 

Last chance for him this year, it looks like.