Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Administrator

Another new 3rd Jersey?

Recommended Posts

Guessing this means the black and teal one from last season is history? I'll admit it grew on me as the year went on but it had a spooky Jonas Hiller Movember mask thing going on so I won't miss it that much. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The orange 3rd jerseys from a couple of years ago are coming back as this years third. With Reebok out and Adidas in, I'm sure there will be subtle differences (article mentions collar) between the two. Look for the orange third to replace our current home jersey as soon as next year. It's been rumored the Samueli's (Susan) really like the orange color and the tie in to "Orange County." The seat renovation (to black seats) at the Honda Center is also playing a part, as the black/orange contrast is more noticeable. Susan Samueli has said one day she would like the arena to be blanketed in orange, in the same way Dallas is green, Nashville (puke), etc.

Should also point out the Great Ice arena in Irvine has orange signage, and the rink 4 premium seats are all orange.

Edited by dukitup
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mind the orange jersey, but if this is to become the permanent home jersey, please don't revert to the old logo. Yes there is lots of nostalgic with it, but that was the Mighty Ducks and Disney era logo. The Ducks need to just use it as a third and either stick with what they have now or design a completely different logo. It's a different era, lets not go back to the disney time where the team was one of the bigger jokes being owned by Disney with the cartoonish logo. And yes, it brings back lots of memories for me, but I like the current look as well, if not prefered.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 12:46 AM, saskduckfan said:

Don't mind the orange jersey, but if this is to become the permanent home jersey, please don't revert to the old logo. Yes there is lots of nostalgic with it, but that was the Mighty Ducks and Disney era logo. The Ducks need to just use it as a third and either stick with what they have now or design a completely different logo. It's a different era, lets not go back to the disney time where the team was one of the bigger jokes being owned by Disney with the cartoonish logo. And yes, it brings back lots of memories for me, but I like the current look as well, if not prefered.

I would disagree...Ducks Old Logo is not only Nostalgic but unique it was ranked one of the Best logos of NHL alltime. We all grew up with it and it's parts of us forever.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ScottishDuck said:

I like the new orange jersey, but prefer last year's black effort. The old logo, for me, is a million times better than the webbed foot D.

Ducks Old Logo was ranked one of the best alltime in NHL.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Ducks Old Logo was ranked one of the best alltime in NHL.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Not while we were originally wearing it. Everybody hated it, well, at least fans of hockey outside of Ducks fans. Now that it's been gone for 15 years the nostalgia factor has kicked in and everybody loves it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nieder said:

Not while we were originally wearing it. Everybody hated it, well, at least fans of hockey outside of Ducks fans. Now that it's been gone for 15 years the nostalgia factor has kicked in and everybody loves it.

Not everybody. Gimme the webbed-D over Disney's marketing gimmick every day of the week and twice on Sundays. To me, that old logo is still the emblem of a non-serious sports franchise that is just trying to sell merch rather than play competitive hockey.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Not everybody. Gimme the webbed-D over Disney's marketing gimmick every day of the week and twice on Sundays. To me, that old logo is still the emblem of a non-serious sports franchise that is just trying to sell merch rather than play competitive hockey.

Bah humbug, scrooge.  That logo was awesome and it got me a hockey team to root for.  The webbed D is fine, but boring.  I will always have affinity for the old logo and colors (although some of those alternate jerseys back in those days took it too far even for me - like the Wild Wing crashing through the front of the jersey).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, dtsdlaw said:

Not everybody. Gimme the webbed-D over Disney's marketing gimmick every day of the week and twice on Sundays. To me, that old logo is still the emblem of a non-serious sports franchise that is just trying to sell merch rather than play competitive hockey.

I lean towards Gorbs scrooge comment. Yeah, sure the old timers hated it at the time for being cartoony. The times have changed. As millennials are in the 30's now and nostalgia is all the rage. I grew up on the MD movies, so yeah. While I think nostalgia is stupid. The MD logo had character. The webbed D is so bland, nuetral and all around "meh".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poum said:

I lean towards Gorbs scrooge comment. Yeah, sure the old timers hated it at the time for being cartoony. The times have changed. As millennials are in the 30's now and nostalgia is all the rage. I grew up on the MD movies, so yeah. While I think nostalgia is stupid. The MD logo had character. The webbed D is so bland, nuetral and all around "meh".

Most of the iconic sports logos are bland and neutral. Because they’re professional sports played by adults, not kids’ cartoons.

Now get off my lawn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna speak honestly out of the 5 Alternate Jersey Ducks have worn...Orange Uniform is the best follow by....drum roll please Ducks First Alt of Wild Wing flying out of the ice.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, dtsdlaw said:

Most of the iconic sports logos are bland and neutral. Because they’re professional sports played by adults, not kids’ cartoons.

Now get off my lawn.

Eh, sports and sports fandom is childish - in a good way.  There's no need to be serious about this.  We yell nonsense words at dudes in pajamas chasing a piece of rubber around on the ice.  If some of those dudes' pajamas have a cartoon duck mask on them instead of a grim looking Native American or a leaf, I don't see why that's out of place.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the Ducks were the Orange Unis makes me smile and we should appreicate our team has worn these Colors for that makes me reflect on our unique History and Past.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...