The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Drake12

USA-Canada Women at the Ponda!

I've been hearing rumors over the last month, and USA Hockey confirmed that the women's national team will be playing at Honda Center on February 8th of next year. Tickets go on sale November 13th. 

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1054532

For all you Hilary Knight fans, this is something to bookmark. And odds are that Orange County's own Annie Pankowski will be part of the squad taking on Canada that day. Short of the apocalypse, I'll be there! 

(Admins, feel free to move this, but as Knight practiced with the Ducks, and Pankowski's a former Lady Duck, I'm hedging my bets.)

• Like 4

I saw these teams play in Edmonton a few years ago and it was great hockey. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2019 at 3:06 PM, nieder said:

I saw these teams play in Edmonton a few years ago and it was great hockey. Highly recommended.

Pre-Olympic tour?

Saw them in San Jose on that tour, great game, especially with all the roster uncertainty on the US side of things.

15 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Pre-Olympic tour?

Saw them in San Jose on that tour, great game, especially with all the roster uncertainty on the US side of things.

Yeah it was. Canada won in OT. Awesome hockey.

16 hours ago, nieder said:

I find myself going out of my way to watch Women's international hockey more so than the men's. Every game is played with the intensity dialed to 11. Canada-America games are always so much fun to watch regardless of the outcome. Obviously I'm mildly biased to my USA gals.

Thanks Drake for pointing this out! My new job in Venice says "LOL @ going to Ducks games." But a-one-of-a-kind Saturday game is my kinda jam!

Edited by poum

On 10/9/2019 at 8:30 AM, nieder said:

Some of the best hockey, period.

15 hours ago, poum said:

I find myself going out of my way to watch Women's international hockey more so than the men's. Every game is played with the intensity dialed to 11. Canada-America games are always so much fun to watch regardless of the outcome. Obviously I'm mildly biased to my USA gals.

Thanks Drake for pointing this out! My new job in Venice says "LOL @ going to Ducks games." But a-one-of-a-kind Saturday game is my kinda jam!

You're welcome, and totally get the bias there, have a bit myself.

If you haven't already signed up for the presale, do it quickly. General tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10. 

https://www.hondacenter.com/usa-vs-canada-presale-info/

Got mine, section 218.

Glass seats, behind the benches and boxes look to be sold out already. 

Hope to see plenty of you all there!

• Like 2