Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jim Tucker

Jim tucker

Recommended Posts

Why is Josh Manson wearing the “A”. It should be some won like Adam Henrique or Cam Fowler. Manson makes so many mistakes in his own zone, he really scary back there. At best he should be no better than Seventh on the Ducks defense. Plus he’s not quite a middle weight when he decides to drop the gloves. Other than that the new young Ducks are playing real well and their speed makes up for some of their mistakes. Plus Dallas Eakins have got the team believing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the title needs to be changed. But otherwise I agree that Henry should be an A. He's probably our best player at the moment. But I don't agree that Manson is a 7th D. He may make a lot of plays that hurt the team but I wouldn't consider him that bad. Something is up with his play as this has been going on since last year. Did RC break him? I don't even know why his play has dropped this bad. I'd argue he's regressed since the expansion draft. He better figure it out though, if we are to make the playoffs we're going to need him to play like he's shown in the past. Maybe it's a confidence issue. Either way, I hope DE helps him hit that next level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, Jim Tucker said:

Why is Josh Manson wearing the “A”. It should be some won like Adam Henrique or Cam Fowler. Manson makes so many mistakes in his own zone, he really scary back there. At best he should be no better than Seventh on the Ducks defense. Plus he’s not quite a middle weight when he decides to drop the gloves. Other than that the new young Ducks are playing real well and their speed makes up for some of their mistakes. Plus Dallas Eakins have got the team believing

Adam Henrique definitely deserves consideration. He is our best offensive player right now. Fowler, the highest paid defenseman and an average player - big NO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, g20topdogg said:

I think the title needs to be changed. But otherwise I agree that Henry should be an A. He's probably our best player at the moment. But I don't agree that Manson is a 7th D. He may make a lot of plays that hurt the team but I wouldn't consider him that bad. Something is up with his play as this has been going on since last year. Did RC break him? I don't even know why his play has dropped this bad. I'd argue he's regressed since the expansion draft. He better figure it out though, if we are to make the playoffs we're going to need him to play like he's shown in the past. Maybe it's a confidence issue. Either way, I hope DE helps him hit that next level. 

I wonder if it has something to do with the change of the defensive coach...something that also coincides with his regression...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I wonder if it has something to do with the change of the defensive coach...something that also coincides with his regression...

Trade Manson for Jim Tucker, isn’t this what the thread is about? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fowler - 2G, 3A, 6P, 1PPP, +5

Manson - 0G, 3A, 3P, +4

Lindholm - 0G, 6A, 6P +4

Manson/Lindholm play against the opposing team's best players. They also play the most PK time. Lindholm started the season on the PP but has been replaced by DelZotto.

Fowler plays  every PP and zero PK. 

Average TOI is pretty even: Lindholm 22, Manson, 21 and Fowler 20. 

Last year was a mess for the D as RC couldn't figure out his pairings and splitting Manson/Lindholm was a huge mistake. Manson is playing just fine. Fans have no idea what goes on in the locker room and for whatever reason, Manson was chosen to wear the "A". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...