The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DUCKSDOC

INJURIES

Any word of Manson or Kase ? Manson's looked really bad to me. His knee buckled SIDEWAYS - never a good sign. I'd worry about torn meniscus or worse an  ACL. Didn't see the injury to Kase

last i saw was they are officially out this weekend to be evaluated further later

3 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Any word of Manson or Kase ? Manson's looked really bad to me. His knee buckled SIDEWAYS - never a good sign. I'd worry about torn meniscus or worse an  ACL. Didn't see the injury to Kase

On 10/26/2019 at 1:21 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

Manson on I.R and was sent home partly to make room for the new guy. Updates on both expected next week. 

You think there was a deal in place before Manson went down?

i think Manson was sent home immediately after the injury. 

Someone mentioned Bob is on a scouting trip and will be back this week, will evaluate Manson and Kase then - perhaps after the WPG game.

12 hours ago, Aksun said:

Someone mentioned Bob is on a scouting trip and will be back this week, will evaluate Manson and Kase then - perhaps after the WPG game.

That's what I heard...Hopefully we get the news this week on both Manson and Kase from the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Manson and Kase not at morning skate. 

Guhle out again.

Lindholm skated but won’t play tonight. Hoping for Friday’s game.

Mahura called up from San Diego.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, Aksun said:

Hopefully his ticket is only one way

3 hours ago, Aksun said:

Guhle being sent down is a surprise.

I think it just means that his injury is very short term and that they think he'll be healthy by Friday. They were at the roster max so someone had to either go on IR or get sent down to allow Mahura to play tonight. If you go on IR, you have to miss seven days from the date of the injury, so if the expectation is for Guhle to be ready by Friday, getting briefly sent down is the right choice. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think it just means that his injury is very short term and that they think he'll be healthy by Friday. They were at the roster max so someone had to either go on IR or get sent down to allow Mahura to play tonight. If you go on IR, you have to miss seven days from the date of the injury, so if the expectation is for Guhle to be ready by Friday, getting briefly sent down is the right choice. 

Ah, thank you, that explains a lot. We let him recover there and when he's ready he just takes the train. But who's playing in SD if Guhle can't for medical reasons and Mahura is up?

Well I check and it seems there are no info on the status of Manson and Kase.....Which leads me to think Ducks may believe they are out awhile longer.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Capfriendly shows Manson on IR with Kesler and Eaves.  Kase isn't on IR...

Meh, we really don't know anything.

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

Capfriendly shows Manson on IR with Kesler and Eaves.  Kase isn't on IR...

Meh, we really don't know anything.

Just hope Ducks give us update this week...we need to know what the status of those 2 are.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

5 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Just hope Ducks give us update this week...we need to know what the status of those 2 are.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

INJURY UPDATES: #NHLDucks Executive Vice President/GM Bob Murray reported the following today: 
- Josh Manson out 5-10 weeks with an MCL sprain
- Ondrej Kase day-to-day with a jaw injury-no concussion
- Hampus Lindholm day-to-day with a lower body injury.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

INJURY UPDATES: #NHLDucks Executive Vice President/GM Bob Murray reported the following today: 

Looks to me nothing major or severe...all of us should breath a sigh of relief.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Phew!!! HUGE relief for Kase. I hope we get him back soon.

4 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Looks to me nothing major or severe...all of us should breath a sigh of relief.

Well I wouldn't call 10 weeks for Manson minor.  That's January.  Let's hope it's closer to the low end of 5 weeks.

Edited by HockeyIzCool

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Well I wouldn't call 10 weeks for Manson minor.  That's January.  Let's hope it's closer to the low end of 5 weeks.

"Manson in January" brings all the sad memories of last season. We'll have to make do with mostly what we have during the crunch time of getting in position before the TDL. Eh, maybe one more year without the playoffs will be good for them.

Getting Gudbranson was a proper move.

4 hours ago, Aksun said:

"Manson in January" brings all the sad memories of last season. We'll have to make do with mostly what we have during the crunch time of getting in position before the TDL. Eh, maybe one more year without the playoffs will be good for them.

Getting Gudbranson was a proper move.

We already had one year without Playoffs. That's enough :D
A week has passed already. Does that one count? 5 - 10 weeks isn't good but it could have been worse.
As for Kase, I'm still in the trade him camp now that he still has value.

2 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

We already had one year without Playoffs. That's enough :D
A week has passed already. Does that one count? 5 - 10 weeks isn't good but it could have been worse.
As for Kase, I'm still in the trade him camp now that he still has value.

Manson-Under-the-Tree! Christmas tree, that is! Here's hoping to!

Also: Kase for young D! Bring us another Ghule!

3 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Manson-Under-the-Tree! Christmas tree, that is! Here's hoping to!

Also: Kase for young D! Bring us another Ghule!

I wonder would the Bruins be interested in a trade involving Kase & Krug? Would we be interested?
Krug is no defensive powerhouse but I think he could do some serious damage on our abysmal PP. He shoots left and will probably get a big raise on his next contract which are negatives but he'd provide us with an offensive element we don't really have. He's an excellent skater and he's also been pretty healthy throughout his career which I consider important given our history.

The Bruins are still looking for a 2nd line winger apparently. Kase would fit in there. He's fast and skilled and there's a czech connection :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I wonder would the Bruins be interested in a trade involving Kase & Krug? Would we be interested?
Krug is no defensive powerhouse but I think he could do some serious damage on our abysmal PP. He shoots left and will probably get a big raise on his next contract which are negatives but he'd provide us with an offensive element we don't really have. He's an excellent skater and he's also been pretty healthy throughout his career which I consider important given our history.

The Bruins are still looking for a 2nd line winger apparently. Kase would fit in there. He's fast and skilled and there's a czech connection :)

The only two red flags I see now is - you said it - he will be to expensive for Bob's liking in the future, and secondly, he is considered a core or untouchable player on the Bruins by their management. One other thing is our Left depth will then look like Fowler - Lindholm - Krug - Ghule - Mahura (+ Larsson - MDZ), there's also Benoit who's gotten a few rave reviews. That's 7 bodies on LD and just Manson and Gudbranson on the other side. If Boston will bite, sure, let's do it (obviously picks and prospects from us), we can always trade away excess people to other teams in need, but who will it be? A core of Lindholm - Fowler - Krug on the left leaves us to find responsible SAH RD for cheap and we should be good to go.

Mainly though, I just want to find a taker for Kase and be done with the Upper Body Injury fright AND try Rakell as full-time RW - i've been consistently wishing for this since we traded away the sexy boy William K.

Interesting note in Eric Stephens' most recent Athletic piece that GMBM appears frustrated with Guhle's injury history and that he thinks it's affecting Guhle's play. The quotes makes it sound like Guhle was actually sent down for performance reasons after all:

For instance, Mahura was called up for the first time this season as the Ducks grew concerned about Brendan Guhle and his play after returning from a lower-body injury. Guhle, who was assigned to the AHL on Wednesday, hasn’t been able to stay healthy for an extended period since joining the Ducks last February. “Two injuries already,” Murray said. “We got to get him playing. Get him going. He’s had too many injuries. So we’ll get him going and get him back here. He needs some reps. He needs to play."

And later in the article discussing the confidence of the kid forwards who aren't scoring:

“You don’t want them to get down,” Murray said. “And so far I don’t see that. Because if that happens, then you do the same as you do like we did with Brendan Guhle. You could tell he was not thinking right. So, then you got to get him down and get him going again.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Interesting note in Eric Stephens' most recent Athletic piece that GMBM appears frustrated with Guhle's injury history and that he thinks it's affecting Guhle's play. The quotes makes it sound like Guhle was actually sent down for performance reasons after all:

And later in the article discussing the confidence of the kid forwards who aren't scoring:

A shame with Ghule, he was looking bright, but maybe it's because Holzer, Larsson and MDZ are so very bad...just keep Mahura up and see if he can sustain the point stream, no point in returning BG unless he outperforms Mahura, they're both bottom LD roster-wise for the Ducks.