The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DUCKSDOC

INJURIES

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Per GMBM, #NHLDucks left wing Nick Ritchie has a sprained left MCL and will be out six to 10 weeks. It's a similar injury to the one Josh Manson suffered. Manson won't play today vs. WPG, but might be fit Tuesday at MIN.

Can we have a season without a revolving door of injuries? Better yet, have a full season without Gudas, Giordano or the entire Nashville Predators.

INJURY UPDATES

Terry - Out approximately 10 weeks with a broken bone below knee cap.

Grant - Out 4-6 weeks with a sprained AC joint.

Larsson - Day to day with an upper body injury.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

INJURY UPDATES

Terry - Out approximately 10 weeks with a broken bone below knee cap.

Grant - Out 4-6 weeks with a sprained AC joint.

Larsson - Day to day with an upper body injury.

Grant will be missed badly, especially on PK. The other 2 are useless.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

was this all due to that brute on the Flyers?

Guess so...Very clear to me Ducks Depth needs to step up which includes the Youth.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Ducks have appeared to recall Daniel Sprong from AHL San Diego, as per league website and first noted by . Team is ailing big time. Caught up with Sprong recently for a frank and revealing conversation.

Likely tied together. Was told Rakell is dealing with an unspecified injury and played very little in third and no OT. Silfverberg played but also ill.
Edited by DuckFan4Life

9 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Getzlaf was out with the flu, so I'm guessing he'll also be out on Sunday.  Probably won't see him until Friday hopefully.

Waiting to see who is out of today’s lineup. Eakins said many of the guys are hacking including Silfver. 

• Sad 2

43 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Waiting to see who is out of today’s lineup. Eakins said many of the guys are hacking including Silfver. 

Rakell, Silf, and Getz out against the Rangers.

Well, if there is such a thing as a "good loss," that was it.  The only way we stood a chance was if Miller had an amazing performance, which he didn't.  Pretty much out of the game early on, so we didn't have to overextend ourselves trying to mount a comeback.  The fact we got the heck out of New York with no further injuries/illness today, is the best possible scenario.

• Like 2

Well this week will give our Ducks a time to rest and Recover. Need is for the team to Refocus and Regroup...Then be ready for the Battles ahead. United our Ducks will Prevail.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I sure hope Kase doesn’t have a concussion.  I made the mistake of reading the Twitter comments to the guy who posted a video of Muzzin’s hit on Kase.  He correctly said it was an illegal hit to the head, but the overwhelming majority of responses said it was a clean hit, many saying Muzzin hit Kase’s head only because Kase lowered his head at the last second.  While Kase did lower his head, Muzzin’s shoulder would have hit him in the head anyway even if he had stayed upright.  One Chicago fan posted “It’s a Duck, so who cares.”  Others talked about how Kase is so short so you can’t avoid hitting his head.  Funny I never heard anyone defend Pronger for checking the head of other players because he was too tall.  I would like to give a big middle finger to all the ***hole fans and officials who don’t give a damn about the safety of players, simply because they play for the Ducks.

Sorry for the rant, but I don’t have a Twitter account so I’m venting here.

Edited by CAsFirstCup
  • Like 3

It's telling that there wasn't even a video from the DOPS explaining why there was no suspension or even a fine.  They simply don't care.  It's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

I sure hope Kase doesn’t have a concussion.  I made the mistake of reading the Twitter comments to the guy who posted a video of Muzzin’s hit on Kase.  He correctly said it was an illegal hit to the head, but the overwhelming majority of responses said it was a clean hit, many saying Muzzin hit Kase’s head only because Kase lowered his head at the last second.  While Kase did lower his head, Muzzin’s shoulder would have hit him in the head anyway even if he had stayed upright.  One Chicago fan posted “It’s a Duck, so who cares.”  Others talked about how Kase is so short so you can’t avoid hitting his head.  Funny I never heard anyone defend Pronger for checking the head of other players because he was too tall.  I would like to give a big middle finger to all the ***hole fans and officials who don’t give a damn about the safety of players, simply because they play for the Ducks.

its an absolute joke...you bring up an incredibly good point in the Pronger being tall thing...suddenly with Pronger height does NOT matter....it's dumb. people don't care about consistency...they only care about their own opinions.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

It's telling that there wasn't even a video from the DOPS explaining why there was no suspension or even a fine.  They simply don't care.  It's ridiculous.

isn't it former Duck George Parros at the top of the DOPS?

22 hours ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

isn't it former Duck George Parros at the top of the DOPS?

Yeah, the same former Duck who chose to give Cogs the 2 game suspension that ended his streak.

Parros is a Douchebag.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 6:30 PM, CAsFirstCup said:

Muzzin extends up and doesn’t keep his elbow tucked if he does both those things the hit is fine, even without Kase stumbling, it appears Muzzin would make contact with the head. I said it before and I’ll say it again. The league can do whatever they want to Kase. He’s been boarded, elbowed, cross checked, head hunted more than anyone in a Ducks Jersey not named Perry in the last couple years. A young, promising 20 goal scorer has had like 4 concussions? That doesn’t concern DoPS? Screw Parros, guy is a waste of space in that position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Yeah, the same former Duck who chose to give Cogs the 2 game suspension that ended his streak.

Parros is a Douchebag.

The Cogs game streak should be continuing with and asterisk due to DOPS!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

The Cogs game streak should be continuing with and asterisk due to DOPS!!!

Cogs sat a couple games as a Star I believe.  Of course, he may not have decided to, had the streak been still going.