The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

18 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

We should call up Wideman from the Gulls. Leading the team in points as a D-man, and has nice size. Would be worth a look , at least to replace one of Holzer or Larsson 

Got no problem since Ducks have always sign Depth Players.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/15/2019 at 10:03 PM, Jasoaks said:

im with you on that!...and wilford, too...but we can start with Morrison...

Start with Umpa Lumpa aka BM 

The season is essentially 1/3rd over.  27 Games times 3 equals 81, and there are 82 Games total.

We have 26 Points, so multiplying times 3 means we're on pace for 78 Points.

Edited by HockeyIzCool

20 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

The season is essentially 1/3rd over.  27 Games times 3 equals 81, and there are 82 Games total.

We will see in the Meantime Enjoy this season with us all...I know I am...FYI Jacob Larsson has been sent to San Diego.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Top-5 pick bound!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Top-5 pick bound!

Manson is apparently very close to returning. When the Ducks get 47-42 & 4-6 back as their top-4, I betcha it’s going to result in quite a few more wins. Manson got the “A” for a reason. He’s a heart and soul guy that will help lift the entire team.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Manson is apparently very close to returning. When the Ducks get 47-42 & 4-6 back as their top-4, I betcha it’s going to result in quite a few more wins. Manson got the “A” for a reason. He’s a heart and soul guy that will help lift the entire team.

Getting Manson back will sure be nice, and with Larsson being sent down to SD, we should have functional defensive pairings. As it far as it resulting in in more wins, I agree that there should be a few more of them, but am not sure that they are going to start piling up. The Ducks still have a god-awful power play and their ability to score goals consistently (or at all) has been an issue even with Manson in the lineup. I still think the Ducks will be drafting within the top-10 unless the team can really start finding the back of the net.

23 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Top-5 pick bound!

Too early to predict my Friend.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

31 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Too early to predict my Friend.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

True, and it was more sarcastic than not. Though the odds of the Ducks having another top-10 pick is also more probable than not. Just need the ping pong balls to bounce our way.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

6 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

True, and it was more sarcastic than not. Though the odds of the Ducks having another top-10 pick is also more probable than not. Just need the ping pong balls to bounce our way.

The fact is this..our Ducks may not be in the top 5 or top ten...just my feeling.....This season...This year has been a one of optimism and knowing this team is on the rise in few years...Just feeling. Agree on one thing though IF Ping Pongs Balls have Lady Luck then who knows what result shall be.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 hours ago, bufbarnaby said:

No...we are awful , and avoid Avs.

Rantanen is back !!!

wow...This guy is a beast. The Ducks have nobody of his statue on their offence.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, Spike1981 said:

who takes the part of Larson?

MDZ? 

no call ups?

Could be....But I am confident Ducks Defence Corps can stand tall with Larsson in SD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Today's disheartening stat brought to you by GMBM and the coaching staff....

The Ducks have scored 8 power play goals through the first 30 games, which projects to a measly 22 PP goals over an 82 game season. If this pace continues, it will be the fewest number of PP goals scored by a team over a full season since the 1955-56 Blackhawks scored 21 PP goals (back when they only played 70-games in a season). The lowest team total for an 82-game season was Florida (27) in 2013-14.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

The Ducks have scored 8 power play goals through the first 30 games, which projects to a measly 22 PP goals over an 82 game season. If this pace continues, it will be the fewest number of PP goals scored by a team over a full season since the 1955-56 Blackhawks scored 21 PP goals (back when they only played 70-games in a season). The lowest team total for an 82-game season was Florida (27) in 2013-14.

Who runs the power play for the ducks?  Whoever it is, I think it is obvious they don't understand what is effective and would work in the games.  The other thing that bothers me no end is the ducks reluctance to shoot the puck.  All that messing around at the end of the first period yesterday - the announcer made the comment "someone's going to have to shoot the puck at the net here"...

And the going behind the net and waiting there is so 80's and needs to stop...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Vatanen.

• Like 1

IMHO.....a Trade would be needed to help in Ducks Youth development and rejuvenate the team...however IT must be done wisely. Key is to find a Player who is Going to help the PowerPlay.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

58 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Who runs the power play for the ducks?  Whoever it is, I think it is obvious they don't understand what is effective and would work in the games.  The other thing that bothers me no end is the ducks reluctance to shoot the puck.  All that messing around at the end of the first period yesterday - the announcer made the comment "someone's going to have to shoot the puck at the net here"...

And the going behind the net and waiting there is so 80's and needs to stop...

Rakell currently leads the Ducks with 84 shots. Then Getzlaf (73), Henrique (68) and Silfverberg (61). Meanwhile, Troy Terry has 36 shots this season, Devin Shore has 21. But yeah, Shore + Terry on the PP with the Ducks down a goal late in the 3rd makes a ton of sense, right?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Sherwood.

23 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Rakell currently leads the Ducks with 84 shots. Then Getzlaf (73), Henrique (68) and Silfverberg (61). Meanwhile, Troy Terry has 36 shots this season, Devin Shore has 21. But yeah, Shore + Terry on the PP with the Ducks down a goal late in the 3rd makes a ton of sense, right?

you might want to normalize those numbers to games played, but your point is sound regardless.

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

you might want to normalize those numbers to games played, but your point is sound regardless.

How's this...

Rickard Rakell has taken 48 more shots this season than Troy Terry while playing in only one more game than Terry. Jakob Silfverberg has taken 25 more shots than Terry in only one more game. 

Do I even need to do this for Shore? It's Devin friggen Shore. He shouldn't be on the top-PP unit no matter what the situation is.

How's this...

Rickard Rakell has taken 48 more shots this season than Troy Terry while playing in only one more game than Terry. Jakob Silfverberg has taken 25 more shots than Terry in only one more game. 

Do I even need to do this for Shore? It's Devin friggen Shore. He shouldn't be on the top-PP unit no matter what the situation is.

I wish it was 49 more shots by Rakell after tonight's horrible behind the back pass to Lindholm...  Ouch.

• Like 1

I Think it's important to point out one thing about our Ducks...They are always fiscally Frugal in spending on their players....often I call this "Developing within".....Players we see we will get use to them like we did when Paul Kariya,Ryan Getzlaf,Corey Perry,John Gibson,Cam Fowler and few others were paying their dues. Trade is a Chess it's important to get the RIGHT Player to help Develop Ducks Next Gen Players.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck