Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Ice_Attack

Ducks have regressed since cup win

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Nic Ritchie,Jacob Larrson and Kase would be good Trade Bait for the Ducks along with 1st Round.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

For who though? I just don't see any scenario occurring where the Ducks are going to give up their 2020 first round pick. Ritche and especially Larsson aren't exactly trade bait that will bring back a trophy fish either. It makes far more sense to wait and make any type of substantial trade during the offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 2:41 PM, nieder said:

He said Anaheim seemed like a really good fit, but in the end Tampa gives him a better chance to win (although there wasn't a direct quote on that, it was just implied by the article - he actually said there was nothing specific that deterred him from Anaheim, but Tampa was just a little better for him right now). He said that he would be happy playing with Fowler in Anaheim or with Hedman in Tampa (nothing against Cam but I'd rather play with Hedman myself, lol). He also said that being out east was a factor, but it was near the bottom of the list, though he just had a kid and his wife's parents are out East so that may be more of a factor right now than it would be when the baby gets a bit older.

He said Anaheim was one of the final teams he was considering and it was tough to turn them down, he had some good talks with Eakins and Cam about the lifestyle in So Cal.

The Ducks were offering 2 years at $5M per. Tampa gave him 1 year at $1.75M. I get the feeling that he would be happy to move out west if that offer were there again  and his kid is a little older.

Also I bet taxes played a part. Florida has much lower taxes than California. He went after less money, but after taxes it might have been equal...plus...I mean...he still gets the "sun" and the "small hockey market" and then a MUCH higher chance at winning the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 5:03 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

For who though? I just don't see any scenario occurring where the Ducks are going to give up their 2020 first round pick. Ritche and especially Larsson aren't exactly trade bait that will bring back a trophy fish either. It makes far more sense to wait and make any type of substantial trade during the offseason. 

I have 2 Players in mind which I will keep it a secret.....I feel the need is this team should trade to improve our team..."Developing within" requires us to be Patient...and I know well it has limits.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Jasoaks said:

Also I bet taxes played a part. Florida has much lower taxes than California. He went after less money, but after taxes it might have been equal...plus...I mean...he still gets the "sun" and the "small hockey market" and then a MUCH higher chance at winning the cup.

So, he gives winning it all a 1-year shot,  even at much less money, then jumps ion the retirement money deal if it is still there.

Meantime, he says nothing to sour his future anywhere.  Smart man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

I have 2 Players in mind which I will keep it a secret.....I feel the need is this team should trade to improve our team..."Developing within" requires us to be Patient...and I know well it has limits.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Why the secrecy lol? Is that you, Bob??

Yeah, if the Ducks want to improve the team now then they should make a trade but I think it's absolutely the wrong season and situation to do it. Murray already made his trade in getting Gudbranson and I hope that's all that he does until June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Why the secrecy lol? Is that you, Bob??

Yeah, if the Ducks want to improve the team now then they should make a trade but I think it's absolutely the wrong season and situation to do it. Murray already made his trade in getting Gudbranson and I hope that's all that he does until June.

First off the 2 players I want the Ducks to trade for should help with the develop of Ducks Next Gen group of Players....2.I prefer it kep a secret to ensure I wait to see IF Bob is desperate to pull oa Move....BTW I beleive this could right season to do it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 3:39 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

Unless we go on to win The Cup this season our 1st rounder should be untouchable.

 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, MooseDuck said:

Nic Ritchie,Jacob Larrson and Kase would be good Trade Bait for the Ducks along with 1st Round.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Ritchie and especially Larrson will not land high-end prospect, since their values decreased during this season. Same for Kase; projected to be a "break thru" player of the year by many experts, he's been OK so far. What Bob needs to do is to make a "wake up" call for this team by finding a trade partner for some of our highest -paid but least productive players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

 

Ritchie and especially Larrson will not land high-end prospect, since their values decreased during this season. Same for Kase; projected to be a "break thru" player of the year by many experts, he's been OK so far. What Bob needs to do is to make a "wake up" call for this team by finding a trade partner for some of our highest -paid but least productive players.

Well Trade needs to be done with one thing in Mind.....That is will it Help in Developing Ducks Homegrown Talent....Keep in mind a Trade was done before to help a certain Player who has his number retired up in Rafters.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always believed Kase to be slightly overrated and wondered if it was a bit of fluke, albeit liking him as a player. Secondly, I believe Ritchie should have been traded last year as he's terrible... If we can offload either one, i dont believe the return will be all that to be excited about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibson4Life said:

I've always believed Kase to be slightly overrated and wondered if it was a bit of fluke, albeit liking him as a player. Secondly, I believe Ritchie should have been traded last year as he's terrible... If we can offload either one, i dont believe the return will be all that to be excited about.

You sure about that? Both I feel are trade bait and along with Sprong....Ducks IF they are to do a Trade must do it to help their Youth within the Rank-And-File. You speak of the Return well it's hard to predict but wait and see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, FanSince1993 said:

 

Ritchie and especially Larrson will not land high-end prospect, since their values decreased during this season. Same for Kase; projected to be a "break thru" player of the year by many experts, he's been OK so far. What Bob needs to do is to make a "wake up" call for this team by finding a trade partner for some of our highest -paid but least productive players.

Kase had major shoulder surgery last spring that carried with it a 5-month recovery. Give him a little time. He’s still working on getting the zip back on his fastball. He’s still generating a lot of possession.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fisix said:

and he still skates bent over with his head and chin leading every play, perfectly set up for an opponent to take him out, again, and again.

I am guessing that is his style...all players have their own way to play Hockey...Who am I kidding I see this team comprise of Players United for Single Goal...But you are right his skating can lead him being taken out.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...