The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
BombaysTripleDeke

Brayden Tracey Signs ELC

Tracey has had a great start to his 2nd WHL season. In watching the highlights of his goals, he reminds me a lot of Perry. Just has a knack for finding and controlling the puck in and making plays around the net. If his skating develops then hopefully he’s a great compliment to a guy like Zegras.

• Like 1

I went to watch the Warriors play the Oil Kings here in Edmonton a few days ago especially to watch Tracey.

He absolutely reminds me of Perry. I'm not saying he is going to be the same MVP/All Star that Perry was, but the way he skates and plays the game just seems so familiar. He isn't the fastest skater so it looks like he sort of drifts around the same way that Perry did, but makes up for it with his positioning and willingness to go to the dirty areas. He took a goaltender interference penalty going to the net (another Perry similarity) and later cut right through the crease again almost taking the goalie's leg out. He's good at moving into empty space to get open for scoring chances.

If he keeps bulking up and playing this style of game he could be a perfect top-6 power forward for Anaheim in a couple of seasons.

Edited by nieder
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

would you say he has that playful but iron-hard edge that Perry did?

Kinda tough to tell from only watching him for one game. It was just his skating style and the fact that he goes to the front of the net that made me think of Perry.

• Like 1