The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gibson4Life

Taylor Hall

That is a big one! They could be good in the West this year with that deal. 

Not many strong teams in the west this year .Only the Avs have looked good to me maybe the Blues.Sharks Kings Preds and Ducks falling off has really weakened the conference.

They used to be the 5 that made the conference pretty much every year. Now they are the bottom 5 in the conference,

A nice move for Hall from a cold NJ to Arizona. I don't think the Yotes would have made the deal unless they are confident Hall will resign.

I for one am looking forward to the reactions from hockey traditionalists when Vegas and Arizona meet in the second round at the expense of Edmonton and Calgary.

i mean... obviously Hall is a great player but i think picking him up at that pricetag would have been a huge gamble when were not really poised to contend this year - do you guys believe we would be contending simply by that addition anyways?

47 minutes ago, Gibson4Life said:

i mean... obviously Hall is a great player but i think picking him up at that pricetag would have been a huge gamble when were not really poised to contend this year - do you guys believe we would be contending simply by that addition anyways?

Not at all, which is probably why the Ducks were never linked to making a play for him. The Ducks were never in a position to trade for him, while Arizona is and has the ability to make a legitimate run.

It all depends where the Yotes end up the 2020 1st rounder could be be a mid to late rounder.Of the three prospects none are expected to be stars.

On 12/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, g20topdogg said:

Interesting. Can anyone come up with what the ducks would have had to give up to equal what the yotes gave up? I'm not familiar with their prospects. 

The difference between our first round picks is a massive gap. We currently have a top 5 pick and Arizona is looking like around a 15 or lower

As for the prospects. Just on a quick glance think 

Jones and Benoit 

that’s a rough translation