The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
dukitup

Trevor Zegras

I think what works big for Z is that he’s a very creative player. Creativity is what can carry over to the NHL to sustain success as he is capable of finding ways to adapt and improve due to his creativity. On the other hand many young players who are not as creative fail the transition to nhl due to the simple fact that they keep trying to do the same jr tricks for in the NHL that got them success growing up and are unable to adjust their game to work in the NHL. See Etem for example, all he continued to do was the same move up the side boards and shooting at the net prematurely. That may have worked wonders in hrs but you need to build your skill set and find other ways to fit in. He failed to learn and find creative ways to improve and adapt. Hope Z continues his progression. 

I watched USA at Juniors world Championsship only because of him. By the way he ends with the same stats as in the U18, 5 games and 9 assists.

i like a lot what I saw

He definitely must add muscle (normally) and must be better in the defensive zone. He looks lost in the defense. Offense he sometimes try too much.

At the moment he isn’t NHL-ready. 

Edited by Spike1981
  • Like 1

I was reading this great article on him.... and he had a quote "If the play's there, I'll make it." I love that attitude. He isn't looking at the game as should he shoot or pass...it's all about whatever the moment calls for. He can see it.

Also, this article REALLY makes me sad we didn't pick up Kaliyev...they seem to really enjoy playing with each other...have good chemistry. that's a weird oversight on BM...you'd think with getting someone like Zegras you'd be researching to see if he already has chemistry with someone...

11 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

makes me sad we didn't pick up Kaliyev...they seem to really enjoy playing with each other

sign... I said it before, he and Kaliyev played at the Juniors Championsship together and it was a good duo..

4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

sign... I said it before, he and Kaliyev played at the Juniors Championsship together and it was a good duo..

that would be like Bryan Murray not trying to get Perry after getting Getzlaf...

What stands out most IMO is his production in such a small amount of ice time. In a little over 65 minutes the kid had 9 assists , all primary assists. He started on the 4th line for the first couple games. 
Blind passes were great, but I was most impressed with the pass from the opposite side of the ice to Kayliev for ta one timer. His patience was amazing. The kid is going to be REAL GOOD.

In two years when Steel , Comtois, and Jones are A LOT better , he’s going to do some damage with those guys. 

Edited by yeaitsme

3 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

In two years when Steel , Comtois, and Jones are A LOT better , he’s going to do some damage with those guys. 

I hope it, but the only one of them who can score is Comtois... so Comtois and Zegras could be our first line duo...

4 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I knew he was good, but #1 is surprising to me.  Good for us!  I hope we don't ruin him.

I was blocked from viewing the other articles.  Did any Ducks prospects make the rest of the top 75?  I know we didn't have anyone else in the top 25.

No, he was the only one which is massively disappointing.

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

No, he was the only one which is massively disappointing.

not that I really want to torture myself....buuuut....

where was Kaliyev placed? lol

9 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

not that I really want to torture myself....buuuut....

where was Kaliyev placed? lol

Not sure, the only one I can view is the top ones and he wasn’t on there

50 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Not sure, the only one I can view is the top ones and he wasn’t on there

awww ok

So this got me looking at Zegras highlights...man...yeah...that guy can get creative and create really fun/interesting plays. We really REALLY need a scorer who can take advantage of that to the best of their ability. I know people are down on Holtz for not having much besides his shot....but geez. Watch the USA Zegras highlights...and then imagine having a player with the BEST SHOT OF THE DRAFT on the receiving end of these plays...

(also, imagine a player like Laine lol)

We have no one who can properly be the receiver of these passes. Sure, maybe Tracey. But we could have Holtz. Or Perfetti. Rossi would be good, too, but for different reasons and probably wouldn't be a linemate to Zegras.

I just would hate to see a player like Zegras go to waste 'cause we just don't have a natural goal scorer/finisher to compliment him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

awww ok

So this got me looking at Zegras highlights...man...yeah...that guy can get creative and create really fun/interesting plays. We really REALLY need a scorer who can take advantage of that to the best of their ability. I know people are down on Holtz for not having much besides his shot....but geez. Watch the USA Zegras highlights...and then imagine having a player with the BEST SHOT OF THE DRAFT on the receiving end of these plays...

(also, imagine a player like Laine lol)

We have no one who can properly be the receiver of these passes. Sure, maybe Tracey. But we could have Holtz. Or Perfetti. Rossi would be good, too, but for different reasons and probably wouldn't be a linemate to Zegras.

I just would hate to see a player like Zegras go to waste 'cause we just don't have a natural goal scorer/finisher to compliment him.

This is why I think Holtz has the edge on being our pick over a player like Raymond or Rossi, even though I think that the latter have better overall games. He's best suited to score the most goals with Zegras feeding him the puck. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

This is why I think Holtz has the edge on being our pick over a player like Raymond or Rossi, even though I think that the latter have better overall games. He's best suited to score the most goals with Zegras feeding him the puck. 

Well I am sure when Ducks are ready to bring in Z which will be slow approach they will have him be mentor by Getzlaf and veteran Winger.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Caught the highlights of the USA exhibition game and Zegras didn’t skip a beat. Looked really good and seems like he’s slotted to play wing again in the WJC. I hope that he gets center minutes and more ice to playmake with.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Caught the highlights of the USA exhibition game and Zegras didn’t skip a beat. Looked really good and seems like he’s slotted to play wing again in the WJC. I hope that he gets center minutes and more ice to playmake with.

Oh wow, I didn't realize he wasn't C in those highlights. That pass he made Caulfield was so nice. Great control. Great vision. Great precision! Nice to see :)  ...

Speaking of Caulfield....holy hell what a shot/back hand he has!!

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

Yeah, I've been seeing more and more that he's getting slotted on the wing, which doesn't excite me.  That said, he looked like the player we're all excited about - great vision and passing, although he lacked finish on the goal-scoring in this one.  

LaCombe looked pretty good as well.  He and Zegras combined on a nice passing play to set up one of Caulfield's goals.  I don't think Thrun or Colangelo played.

They both Look Good....I can't wait for both to wear the Ducks D in the Future.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Man, did you guys see that Drysdale shot??????? oooohhhhh my!!! 😮😮😮

I saw it and Makes me Smile Ducks got him at the Draft and I can't wait to see him in a Ducks Uni.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 12/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, MooseDuck said:

I saw it and Makes me Smile Ducks got him at the Draft and I can't wait to see him in a Ducks Uni.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

same!!

And ohhh did you guys see that Zegras shot, too????

oooohhh yeah. pretty nice haha

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

same!!

Saw it and the Future is again as I always Bright for the Ducks and Ducks fans alike.

DuckPride ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

same!!

Did you see his celly? Went right up to the Russian bench and stared everyone down, only to lose the game. Pretty cringeworthy stuff. Nice goal though.

Seeing his post game interview after scoring his 4th and 5th goal of the tournament I could not help noticing Zegras has a habit of sniffling quite a bit. Could it be he is destined to fill the shoes of an aging captain who also has issue with his nose???LOL.. All kidding aside I'm excited for the Ducks when he becomes a full time player. I heard he signed his ELC. Is that true?

9 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Seeing his post game interview after scoring his 4th and 5th goal of the tournament I could not help noticing Zegras has a habit of sniffling quite a bit. Could it be he is destined to fill the shoes of an aging captain who also has issue with his nose???LOL.. All kidding aside I'm excited for the Ducks when he becomes a full time player. I heard he signed his ELC. Is that true?

3 year 

Eric Stephens has a new article in The Athletic regarding Zegras. if there's an injury, we may see has early as this year.

Zegras leading all Players in Points...6G 7 13pts.....This is Big in His Development and I am sure like our Ducks I am impress in what I see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Man, just seeing how Z gets into open spaces...I wonder how he would do being on the wing with a distributor like Getzlaf..... Zegras - Getzlaf - Silfverberg....i dunno...could be dangerous. And a great way for him to be introduced in the NHL...playing with Getz and learning/seeing how he is at center. Especially if this IS Getz last season (i don't think it is)

On 1/6/2021 at 2:47 AM, Jasoaks said:

Man, just seeing how Z gets into open spaces...I wonder how he would do being on the wing with a distributor like Getzlaf..... Zegras - Getzlaf - Silfverberg....i dunno...could be dangerous. And a great way for him to be introduced in the NHL...playing with Getz and learning/seeing how he is at center. Especially if this IS Getz last season (i don't think it is)

It would not surprise me if Ducks Decide to put Z-man on the Top Line for few games...Just curious spec on my part considering his WJHC has impressed EVERYONE.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Zegras watch back on tonight against the barracuda (Gulls YouTube channel). I really want to see him eventually go up against the Reign and that loaded prospect pool.

get your chipotle bowls ready.