The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
dukitup

Trevor Zegras

11 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

How to make checks and muscle he must add. That his spinorama not works in the nhl also have some doubt. It can go to a bad injury if he goes checked while he try a spinorama...

oh man, why we not drafted Kaliyev too at 29.? They understand each other on the ice and they are friends. It would be great Getzy/Perry 2.0. 

I’m guessing because he had “character/work ethic issues” to the point that he slid much further than his actual talent level. We all know Murray’s view on that, so he passed on him for Tracey. It will be a lot of fun if he ends up haunting us for years as a result.

I think what works big for Z is that he’s a very creative player. Creativity is what can carry over to the NHL to sustain success as he is capable of finding ways to adapt and improve due to his creativity. On the other hand many young players who are not as creative fail the transition to nhl due to the simple fact that they keep trying to do the same jr tricks for in the NHL that got them success growing up and are unable to adjust their game to work in the NHL. See Etem for example, all he continued to do was the same move up the side boards and shooting at the net prematurely. That may have worked wonders in hrs but you need to build your skill set and find other ways to fit in. He failed to learn and find creative ways to improve and adapt. Hope Z continues his progression. 

I watched USA at Juniors world Championsship only because of him. By the way he ends with the same stats as in the U18, 5 games and 9 assists.

i like a lot what I saw

He definitely must add muscle (normally) and must be better in the defensive zone. He looks lost in the defense. Offense he sometimes try too much.

At the moment he isn’t NHL-ready. 

Edited by Spike1981
  • Like 1

I was reading this great article on him.... and he had a quote "If the play's there, I'll make it." I love that attitude. He isn't looking at the game as should he shoot or pass...it's all about whatever the moment calls for. He can see it.

Also, this article REALLY makes me sad we didn't pick up Kaliyev...they seem to really enjoy playing with each other...have good chemistry. that's a weird oversight on BM...you'd think with getting someone like Zegras you'd be researching to see if he already has chemistry with someone...

11 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

makes me sad we didn't pick up Kaliyev...they seem to really enjoy playing with each other

sign... I said it before, he and Kaliyev played at the Juniors Championsship together and it was a good duo..

4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

sign... I said it before, he and Kaliyev played at the Juniors Championsship together and it was a good duo..

that would be like Bryan Murray not trying to get Perry after getting Getzlaf...

What stands out most IMO is his production in such a small amount of ice time. In a little over 65 minutes the kid had 9 assists , all primary assists. He started on the 4th line for the first couple games. 
Blind passes were great, but I was most impressed with the pass from the opposite side of the ice to Kayliev for ta one timer. His patience was amazing. The kid is going to be REAL GOOD.

In two years when Steel , Comtois, and Jones are A LOT better , he’s going to do some damage with those guys. 

Edited by yeaitsme

3 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

In two years when Steel , Comtois, and Jones are A LOT better , he’s going to do some damage with those guys. 

I hope it, but the only one of them who can score is Comtois... so Comtois and Zegras could be our first line duo...