The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
HockeyIzCool

Halfway Point Of Season Has Arrived

37 Points, Last In Conference, and on pace for 74 total.  Good Times!

No real complaints.  About what I had expected.  When your team essentially consists of Getzlaf, Silfverberg, Henrique & Gibson, you're not going to win most games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is SAD! the GM, BM is enjoying a fat paycheck and has no hockey sense. He did the same job in Chicago once he was fired they got three cups. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

No real complaints.  About what I had expected.  When your team essentially consists of Getzlaf, Silfverberg, Henrique & Gibson, you're not going to win most games.

While I agree, this is not entertaining to watch at all. The mistakes are just awful and the play is so sloppy. Rebuilds are tough for teams and fans

5 hours ago, DuxFan73 said:

While I agree, this is not entertaining to watch at all. The mistakes are just awful and the play is so sloppy. Rebuilds are tough for teams and fans

I find the team a thousand times more entertaining to watch than the team from last year. I kept my expectations low (what happens when a team is going through a rebuild), so they've not disappointed. Sure, there's games that get frustrating, but that's what happens with a kid laden lineup. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DuxFan73 said:

Last night was one of the worst. Saw tons of fumbling with the puck when trying to breakout. And no adjustments made to deal with the tough forecheck. when it looked like we had a clear exit then boom mishandle/bad pass... it was frustrating to watch 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

I find the team a thousand times more entertaining to watch than the team from last year. I kept my expectations low (what happens when a team is going through a rebuild), so they've not disappointed. Sure, there's games that get frustrating, but that's what happens with a kid laden lineup. 

Agreed. I'm honestly not sure what everyone was expecting?  We are in a rebuild and after every loss people are calling for BM's head, calling for every player to be traded. You have to look at the bigger picture.

• Like 3

What makes this rebuild even more painful is that there is no "heir apparent" to become the face of the franchise.Which means even when GMBM tries to trade for or sign established star players none  of them want to come to Anaheim.Justin Fualk being the most recent example. Back during the Cup run  and years immediately afterwards players wanted to come here because they saw the Ducks as a contender and boasted HOF players Niedemeyer, Pronger, and Selanne. During the 09-10 season when the team traded for Wiznewski he was very excited to be on the team so he could play with #27. When Scott Niedemeyer suddenly announce his retirement over the following summer, suddenly Wiznewski didn't want to be here.

Unless the Samuelli's decide they want another cup and make aggressive moves after the upcoming Seattle draft(i.e. spend some money, hire a new GM, hire a real coach) the Ducks are going to be a bottom feeding AHL level team for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Shadowduck
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Last night was one of the worst. Saw tons of fumbling with the puck when trying to breakout. And no adjustments made to deal with the tough forecheck. when it looked like we had a clear exit then boom mishandle/bad pass... it was frustrating to watch 

Agreed. That was one of the worst we've seen since the last few days of Carlyle. Terrible effort IMO. And not from the kids, but from the veterans. Go back and isolate Getzlaf on the Richardson goal. He has fresh legs coming off the bench and he absolutely loafs it back into the D-zone.  https://www.nhl.com/video/richardson-nets-set-up-by-fischer/t-311592134/c-4952136

That stuff was going on all night long from the vets, and is actually a carry-over from the poor effort we saw earlier in the week against Vegas and Philly. If this was a one-off in a series of otherwise solid efforts, I would say "flush it and move on to Nashville." But the lack of effort is becoming a growing concern. There's something wrong inside that locker room. 

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, nieder said:

Agreed. I'm honestly not sure what everyone was expecting?  We are in a rebuild and after every loss people are calling for BM's head, calling for every player to be traded. You have to look at the bigger picture.

To be fair, people have been calling for Murray’s head, like yours truly, before and without taking into account how this season is going. 

As far as trading players, unless there is a deal too good to pass up, then staying pat until the offseason is the best move. The talk about possibly trading a Manson, Rakell, Henrique etc. would happen down the line, especially if the team is still clearly in a rebuild and due to their contract situations.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

What do you expect form the minor league coach - GMBM protégé.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

What makes this rebuild even more painful is that there is no "heir apparent" to become the face of the franchise.Which means even when GMBM tries to trade for or sign established star players none  of them want to come to Anaheim.Justin Fualk being the most recent example. Back during the Cup run  and years immediately afterwards players wanted to come here because they saw the Ducks as a contender and boasted HOF players Niedemeyer, Pronger, and Selanne. During the 09-10 season when the team traded for Wiznewski he was very excited to be on the team so he could play with #27. When Scott Niedemeyer suddenly announce his retirement over the following summer, suddenly Wiznewski didn't want to be here.

Unless the Samuelli's decide they want another cup and make aggressive moves after the upcoming Seattle draft(i.e. spend some money, hire a new GM, hire a real coach) the Ducks are going to be a bottom feeding AHL level team for the foreseeable future.

Well, if the Ducks keep this up, they'll be neck and neck with the Kings for the second best lottery odds.  That could land them Lafreniere if they're lucky, although there's no way in hell the NHL lets the Ducks get the #1 pick over Detroit.  Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything...  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear like there's any game-breaking talent after Lafreniere, but I'm not a prospect expert.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nieder said:

It's not like the Ducks have two Norris winning defensemen and are sitting dead last with no first round pick.

LOL Sharks!

[edit] Ok, dead last was a bit faceticious and referring specifically to the Pacific. But holy fuuu...dge, Detroit only has 23 points!

Edited by poum

Ottawa took the jackpot... nobody thought that Sharks are so bad this season... they can end with first two picks, but the lottery is cheated, so I don't think this will happen...

Detroit and LAK top 3 after lottery...

Edited by Spike1981

19 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I don't want the Ducks to make the Stanley Cup Playoffs...Yes you heard that from me. I want them to TRY to make it. It will be learning experince for Youth and process that should take sometime. IF our Ducks are to improve and start a 2nd Half Surge I look towards trade that can benefit in Ducks Developing their Youth in Longterm.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

22 hours ago, poum said:

[edit] Ok, dead last was a bit faceticious and referring specifically to the Pacific. But holy fuuu...dge, Detroit only has 23 points!

Yeah, Nobody's going to catch the Red Wings.  The next closest team has 36 points.  Not only that, but they've played 42 games, so just slightly more than half.  Meaning they're on pace for less than 46 points for the season.  You think it sucks going to Ducks games?  Detroit is 6-14-1 at home this season.  At least Ducks are a respectable 10-7-3.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

I don't want the Ducks to make the Stanley Cup Playoffs...Yes you heard that from me. I want them to TRY to make it.

don't try, I want to see process in the Youth, I want to see good games, result is no matter. if we play good and lose, so good. the last 2-3 games we played weak at least one period (Vegas first period, Arizona third period).

we need a rebuild, especially because the Seattle draft (yes I know, I said it already 2-3 times)! trade Manson, Kase and some others. you can not more ride only on Getzlaf and hope you can make the playoffs, he is inconstantly, maybe he don't like it too and he is frustrating, to be the only real good player on this offense...

1 hour ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Yeah, Nobody's going to catch the Red Wings.  The next closest team has 36 points.  Not only that, but they've played 42 games, so just slightly more than half.  Meaning they're on pace for less than 46 points for the season.  You think it sucks going to Ducks games?  Detroit is 6-14-1 at home this season.  At least Ducks are a respectable 10-7-3.

That's truely pants on head crazy. How is that even possible?!

2 hours ago, poum said:

It sure is considering this team is too green and I don't see them being lest then 46pts as Hockeyizcool has stated.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

so now stop bring Sprong up and down without playing a game! let him play and then trade him if you don't want him! but not every day up and down!

9 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

so now stop bring Sprong up and down without playing a game! let him play and then trade him if you don't want him! but not every day up and down!

Imagine being Sprong heading to SD...and setting foot on arena only to be called back Yeah I would annoyed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 1/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, gorbachav5 said:

Well, if the Ducks keep this up, they'll be neck and neck with the Kings for the second best lottery odds.  That could land them Lafreniere if they're lucky, although there's no way in hell the NHL lets the Ducks get the #1 pick over Detroit.  Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything...  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear like there's any game-breaking talent after Lafreniere, but I'm not a prospect expert.  

Byfield will likely go number 2, and he will probably be very good as well. Comparisons are Lindros and Malkin. He did have a rough World Juniors tournament however.

After the top 2 guys who are likely franchise players there is a step down but there is still a lot of very good talent. This is a good draft. If we are in the top 10 we will get a good player, much like how we got Zegras last year. Though as always the higher pick we get the better.

Edited by nieder

20 minutes ago, nieder said:

Byfield will likely go number 2, and he will probably be very good as well. Comparisons are Lindros and Malkin. He did have a rough World Juniors tournament however.

After the top 2 guys who are likely franchise players there is a step down but there is still a lot of very good talent. This is a good draft. If we are in the top 10 we will get a good player, much like how we got Zegras last year. Though as always the higher pick we get the better.

Much as we Want "Higher Pick" Ducks should explore a trade option...or put all options on the table since Ducks are Rookie leaning this season. 2nd Half Begins LET'S GO DUCKS.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 1/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, poum said:

I was skimming through this thread and saw "Detroit Red Wings" and the number 46 in the same paragraph and assumed they were bringing Chris Chelios out of the freezer again. Looking at that roster I don't see why not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, Shadowduck said:

You might not know Ducks may try to do it....I always wait and see but imho Ducks need something to give a Boost to our Ducks Fans morale.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, Fisix said:

This is an interesting post:

A more complete article in the Register states that Eaves is still injured, and will not play this season.  Perhaps he's just around so he can go to Ducks Day at CA Adventure tomorrow.

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

A more complete article in the Register states that Eaves is still injured, and will not play this season.  Perhaps he's just around so he can go to Ducks Day at CA Adventure tomorrow.

really sad to miss that :(

On 1/6/2020 at 6:17 PM, PetrSykora said:

I was skimming through this thread and saw "Detroit Red Wings" and the number 46 in the same paragraph and assumed they were bringing Chris Chelios out of the freezer again. Looking at that roster I don't see why not.

Oh boy...

Jurassic Park 18: The Cheliosaur Strikes Back. Coming to an Arena near you.

Jurassic Park 2001: The Cheliosaur Makes First Contact.

I had a few more but Beetlejuice rules applies, can't say Cheliosaur three times. Uh oh...

• Haha 1

Whatever Happens from here till the end of the season...We know Ducks will be back...Whatever path Ducks choose we will support them. However need is coming clear what is important it's a trade to benefit the Next Generation of Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Confused 1

I am not sure I understand the strategy or direction of the team.  We thought they were overloaded with young defensemen, yet the defense is mediocre at best.  We thought they had drafted young forward talent, yet none of them really stand out.  

I think it’s time for a complete shake-up.  Fire Murray and Eakins.  Bring in a new GM and hire Laviolette. 

• Like 2