Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
HockeyIzCool

Halfway Point Of Season Has Arrived

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Devils did it what I hope the Ducks would do....

they already traded for a 1st and 2nd....

now some teams lost good defenders (CGY, CBJ, EDM, STL, TBL, TOR) by injuries for the season, right time to trade a defender high price.. but our GM seems to sleep away this chance...

They’ve traded pending or soon to be UFAs to get those. Of course you trade your expiring assets during a rebuild. The difference is that their soon-to-be UFAs are good. The Ducks’ are not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think bob cares about how bad our defense and special teams have been the past 2 seasons?...or is he chalking it up to bad system/new system growing pains?...im just really wondering what he is thinking in regards to that right now...i don't like the idea of trading away any of our D at this moment just 'cause i think they would all be much better with better assistants...but i dunno. they haven't been good these past 2 seasons...

or it's the forwards not playing well enough to support the D? we have more forwards to give than D right now it seems to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

They’ve traded pending or soon to be UFAs to get those. Of course you trade your expiring assets during a rebuild. The difference is that their soon-to-be UFAs are good. The Ducks’ are not. 

A 37 years old for a 2nd, nice. And Coleman for 1st, nice, and both with expiring contracts, wow, how good are those trades from the Devils. 

Cant understand why you pay so much for a player who has an expiring contract...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Devils did it what I hope the Ducks would do....

they already traded for a 1st and 2nd....

now some teams lost good defenders (CGY, CBJ, EDM, STL, TBL, TOR) by injuries for the season, right time to trade a defender high price.. but our GM seems to sleep away this chance...

As I said before...Bob Should NOT BE AFRAID to Trade To make the Bigtime fka Pronger Type Trades....His Ducks GM Predecessors did the trades to improve the team. NOW imho IT'S TIME Bob Does it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ducks choked away a 2 goal 3rd period lead today to a team they would likely need to pass if they were to make the playoffs.  This is likely the final nail in the coffin for any playoff hopes.  Meanwhile 30 year-old Adam Henrique is on a tear, scoring his 21st goal, and 3rd in the past 2 games.  He should be worth a 1st round pick and a solid prospect from a contending team.  I like Henrique, but I would like to see the Ducks in the Cup Finals sometime this decade.  Get it done, Bob.

Edited by CAsFirstCup
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Is there any chance we can get rid of Fowler's contract?

why get rid of the best defenseman we've had this season???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toffoli traded to Vancouver for Schaller, a 2020 2nd round pick and a pretty good prospect in Tyler Madden. That's a great return for LA.

I hate the fact that the Kings are doing a rebuild correctly. 

 

EDIT:

Yeah, I'm not happy about this lol

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Toffoli traded to Vancouver for Schaller, a 2020 2nd round pick and a pretty good prospect in Tyler Madden. That's a great return for LA.

I hate the fact that the Kings are doing a rebuild correctly. 

 

EDIT:

Yeah, I'm not happy about this lol

Tyler Madden is 20 and is listed at 5’11” 155lbs. That is not NHL size. If they don’t hit on that 2nd rounder (likely in the 46-56 range) then they’ll have traded Toffoli for basically nothing. Good luck to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Tyler Madden is 20 and is listed at 5’11” 155lbs. That is not NHL size. If they don’t hit on that 2nd rounder (likely in the 46-56 range) then they’ll have traded Toffoli for basically nothing. Good luck to them. 

Madden is pretty highly regarded. As far as I heard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Tyler Madden is 20 and is listed at 5’11” 155lbs. That is not NHL size. If they don’t hit on that 2nd rounder (likely in the 46-56 range) then they’ll have traded Toffoli for basically nothing. Good luck to them. 

There have been some truly great and very tough 'smaller' hockey players.  Paul Kariya:  5'10 and 180.  Johnny Hockey....smaller and lighter.  Theo Fleury - 5/6" and 180.

So, this kid needs to fill out a bit, but he's not prohibited from playing or being great, possibly, just because he's not the size of Getzlaf.  Ticks me off that players get written off without a chance due to size when it's a skill sport more and more, and less of a brute sport now than ever.  Let's see how he develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Tyler Madden is 20 and is listed at 5’11” 155lbs. That is not NHL size. If they don’t hit on that 2nd rounder (likely in the 46-56 range) then they’ll have traded Toffoli for basically nothing. Good luck to them. 

Vancouver fans don’t seem happy that Madden was traded. According to Scott Wheeler, he’s one of their best prospect and one of the best players in college hockey. Undersized players are becoming more common and succeeding in the NHL. I love what LA is doing and hope Murray eventually follows the same rebuild path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

why get rid of the best defenseman we've had this season???

for several reasons:

1. He was a terrific prospect 10 years ago, who turned into average non-physical defenseman. 2. His contract. It's huge. Finding a taker for it would be beneficial for Ducks both long and short terms, would clear significant salary cap space to pursue a scoring forward in the summer time + valuable draft pick in return or some prospects 3. IMO, he is not even our best defenceman, I would put Lindholm ahead of him. 4. He scored 9 goals, which is way above his average rate, and it's a good time to cash on his trade value right now before he has an "off" season again. 5. He is almost 30 y/o with 6 years remaining on his term, and I don't want the last 2-3 years of his contract to be Perry-type non productive ballast on our team.

His 4 teams trade list should not be a big issue if Bob have guts to explain him that he is no longer in the future plans of this team.

Off the topic: congratulations to Korbinian Holzer for playing his 200 NHL game. He is not a superior talent, but he compensates it with his hard work and professional attitude. Once in a dog house under Carlyle regime, he finally playing on regular basis, and for the small salary that he makes, he worth every penny.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

There have been some truly great and very tough 'smaller' hockey players.  Paul Kariya:  5'10 and 180.  Johnny Hockey....smaller and lighter.  Theo Fleury - 5/6" and 180.

So, this kid needs to fill out a bit, but he's not prohibited from playing or being great, possibly, just because he's not the size of Getzlaf.  Ticks me off that players get written off without a chance due to size when it's a skill sport more and more, and less of a brute sport now than ever.  Let's see how he develops.

Hey I root for short guys, but it’s the weight that I think is a concern. Short guys like Kariya, Fluery, St Louis - all great players, but they also had thicker frames and played at around 175-185lbs, which allowed them to absorb the contact from bigger players. But Madden is 155lbs at 5’11”, which says to me he has a very thin frame, and if he’s already 20 then it’s not like he’s just “teenager skinny”. I think there’s a reason you don’t see guys 5’10” or 5’11” who are less than 175lbs in the NHL. Its still a physical league and if you don’t have the frame to deal with the abuse, you’re not going to last long. Even Johnny Hockey (who has a history of getting benched when games get physical and chippy) is 2” shorter and 10lbs heavier, meaning he likely has a significantly thicker frame than Madden. Hope Madden proves me wrong, but I’ll believe he’ll need to add at least 15lbs to his frame to stay healthy and compete at the NHL level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

The Ducks choked away a 2 goal 3rd period lead today to a team they would likely need to pass if they were to make the playoffs.  This is likely the final nail in the coffin for any playoff hopes.  Meanwhile 30 year-old Adam Henrique is on a tear, scoring his 21st goal, and 3rd in the past 2 games.  He should be worth a 1st round pick and a solid prospect from a contending team.  I like Henrique, but I would like to see the Ducks in the Cup Finals sometime this decade.  Get it done, Bob.

This team was never making the playoffs. Anybody who thought there was a chance was living in a fantasy world.

IMO Henrique should be traded but the best package may not be available until the off season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

for several reasons:

1. He was a terrific prospect 10 years ago, who turned into average non-physical defenseman. 2. His contract. It's huge. Finding a taker for it would be beneficial for Ducks both long and short terms, would clear significant salary cap space to pursue a scoring forward in the summer time + valuable draft pick in return or some prospects 3. IMO, he is not even our best defenceman, I would put Lindholm ahead of him. 4. He scored 9 goals, which is way above his average rate, and it's a good time to cash on his trade value right now before he has an "off" season again. 5. He is almost 30 y/o with 6 years remaining on his term, and I don't want the last 2-3 years of his contract to be Perry-type non productive ballast on our team.

His 4 teams trade list should not be a big issue if Bob have guts to explain him that he is no longer in the future plans of this team.

Off the topic: congratulations to Korbinian Holzer for playing his 200 NHL game. He is not a superior talent, but he compensates it with his hard work and professional attitude. Once in a dog house under Carlyle regime, he finally playing on regular basis, and for the small salary that he makes, he worth every penny.

 I’m probably this boards biggest Fowler fan, he’s been fantastic this year. He’s not a physical defensemen, he’s always been fantastic at being smart and using his skating. He’s jump up at good opportunities and doesn’t get caught in bad positions too many times. He’s way above average. This team can not break the puck out consistently without Fowler. He’s probably our future captain as well. I promise you that trading literally everybody for magic beans isn’t how good rebuilds occur. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

 I’m probably this boards biggest Fowler fan, he’s been fantastic this year. He’s not a physical defensemen, he’s always been fantastic at being smart and using his skating. He’s jump up at good opportunities and doesn’t get caught in bad positions too many times. He’s way above average. This team can not break the puck out consistently without Fowler. He’s probably our future captain as well. I promise you that trading literally everybody for magic beans isn’t how good rebuilds occur. 

Preach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

 I’m probably this boards biggest Fowler fan, he’s been fantastic this year. He’s not a physical defensemen, he’s always been fantastic at being smart and using his skating. He’s jump up at good opportunities and doesn’t get caught in bad positions too many times. He’s way above average. This team can not break the puck out consistently without Fowler. He’s probably our future captain as well. I promise you that trading literally everybody for magic beans isn’t how good rebuilds occur. 

The guy you're replying to hates Fowler. No amount of logic is going to change his desire to see Cam gone.

The one reason to move Fowler now is his value. He's having a great season and is on pace to match his career high in points. He probably won't be this valuable in a trade again. But I hope you like seeing the Ducks play in their own zone because we will struggle a lot more with decent zone exits without him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade Bait list for me....It's best we talk about openly now with TDL only 6 Days away. So Let me be the first to throw the names out there.  Here they are as Follow:

1.Daniel Sprong

2.Nic Ritchie

3.Micheal Del Zotto

4. Koribian Holzer.

5.Jacob Larrsson.

6.Josh Manson?

 

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Trade Bait list for me....It's best we talk about openly now with TDL only 6 Days away. So Let me be the first to throw the names out there.  Here they are as Follow:

1.Daniel Sprong

2.Nic Ritchie

3.Micheal Del Zotto

4. Koribian Holzer.

5.Jacob Larrsson.

6.Josh Manson?

 

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The only problem Moose.... is that 1, 3, and 4 aren't bait - they're chum.  2 and 5 are bait, but 6 is all lure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fisix said:

The only problem Moose.... is that 1, 3, and 4 aren't bait - they're chum.  2 and 5 are bait, but 6 is all lure.

Chum? Come on you and I along with all Ducks Fans know in order for this team to be Rejuvenated they must jettison and trade these players for Draft Picks and Prospects or maybe Players that can contribute to "Ducks Cause".

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fisix said:

The only problem Moose.... is that 1, 3, and 4 aren't bait - they're chum.  2 and 5 are bait, but 6 is all lure.

I don't know. I'm just not ready to write off Sprong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I don't know. I'm just not ready to write off Sprong. 

As I said trade these Players for Picks and Players that are ready to contribute...more likely Dynamic Players.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fisix said:

DelZ and Holzer are worth more to us on the team than we could get in a trade.  Sprong... I don't know, man.

They're currently helping us get a better draft pick. Thanks guys! Always looking out for the team. 👍

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dukitup said:

I don't know. I'm just not ready to write off Sprong. 

I'm not quite ready yet either, but he sure is looking like the second coming of Brandon Pirri. So much natural talent, yet so little drive to become a consistently good NHL player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I'm not quite ready yet either, but he sure is looking like the second coming of Brandon Pirri. So much natural talent, yet so little drive to become a consistently good NHL player.

The thing is, he’s looked totally good when he’s in the line up? I’m baffled by the fact he’s not playing. We were much better when he was in the line up, more dangerous in the offensive zone, And he looked fine in the D zone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 8:51 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

 I’m probably this boards biggest Fowler fan, he’s been fantastic this year. He’s not a physical defensemen, he’s always been fantastic at being smart and using his skating. He’s jump up at good opportunities and doesn’t get caught in bad positions too many times. He’s way above average. This team can not break the puck out consistently without Fowler. He’s probably our future captain as well. I promise you that trading literally everybody for magic beans isn’t how good rebuilds occur. 

And trading NO roster players for picks and prospects before the TDL also doesn’t facilitate a good rebuild.  Seeing all the moves that have been made by sellers already, including 2 by the Kings, I’m getting impatient.  I believe the Ducks have only 5 picks in the 2020 draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

And trading NO roster players for picks and prospects before the TDL also doesn’t facilitate a good rebuild.  Seeing all the moves that have been made by sellers already, including 2 by the Kings, I’m getting impatient.  I believe the Ducks have only 5 picks in the 2020 draft.

I still hope Henrique, Manson and Grant will be traded for picks or so... I see at least two 1st and one 3th rounder with this three… with some other picks or prospects too...

there are some rumors with Manson... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...