The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
HockeyIzCool

Halfway Point Of Season Has Arrived

4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

I still hope Henrique, Manson and Grant will be traded for picks or so... I see at least two 1st and one 3th rounder with this three… with some other picks or prospects too...

there are some rumors with Manson... 

Manson has been link to Toronto and Ducks need to look at Big Return IF T.O wants to pry him away from our team...imho Ducks should ask for Kapenen..1st rd and Prospect.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

29 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Any chance they could trade Kesler or Eaves?  LOL!!

Eaves contract expire after this year, I believe he is over. Kesler is Seattle's pick....

Edited by Spike1981

38 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Eaves contract expire after this year, I believe he is over. Kesler is Seattle's pick....

Only if he's chosen because GMBM trades a good young prospect to make it happen. If not, Seattle will likely be selecting either Guhle or Mahura.

2 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

I sure hope Eaves and his family will be able to survive on the $9.5 Million we paid him to play 9 games the past 3 seasons.

I seriously doubt Seattle is going to take Kesler.  In fact, I would not be surprised to see him in the same situation as Eaves, where the Ducks pay him Millions to sit at home and relax.  Seriously....weeks before this season began, they said he was out for the duration.  Who does that if there is any realistic possibility that they can play again in the future?  My guess is his playing days are over, and he's smart enough to not retire now, or take any buyout, so the Ducks end up having to pay the rest of his contract, like they did with Eaves.  Hopefully he'll share some of the dough with Bieksa, who the Ducks had to re-sign in order to keep Kesler happy.

6 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I sure hope Eaves and his family will be able to survive on the $9.5 Million we paid him to play 9 games the past 3 seasons.

I seriously doubt Seattle is going to take Kesler.  In fact, I would not be surprised to see him in the same situation as Eaves, where the Ducks pay him Millions to sit at home and relax.  Seriously....weeks before this season began, they said he was out for the duration.  Who does that if there is any realistic possibility that they can play again in the future?  My guess is his playing days are over, and he's smart enough to not retire now, or take any buyout, so the Ducks end up having to pay the rest of his contract, like they did with Eaves.  Hopefully he'll share some of the dough with Bieksa, who the Ducks had to re-sign in order to keep Kesler happy.

sometimes they take on an old contract to make the cap floor.  he's great on that front, and he can be used for cap relief (LTIR) if needed.  it's not a bonkers thought that they might want Kesler... but they aren't going to commit to it without a sweetener.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Any chance they could trade Kesler or Eaves?  LOL!!

I don't know you tell me...Do you know?. Does Bufbaranby know?....Does Zther know?

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I seriously doubt Seattle is going to take Kesler.  In fact, I would not be surprised to see him in the same situation as Eaves, where the Ducks pay him Millions to sit at home and relax.

The Seattle pick was more a wish then realistically. I think too, that his career is over too. 

18 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I seriously doubt the Ducks are paying either player. That's what insurance is for. 

Like Eaves could have prevented an auto immune disorder from ending his career. Or that the Ducks could have predicted it. Don't understand the snarky comments.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I seriously doubt the Ducks are paying either player. That's what insurance is for. 

Like Eaves could have prevented an auto immune disorder from ending his career. Or that the Ducks could have predicted it. Don't understand the snarky comments.

The only way either contact hurts the ducks right now is that we can't spend to the cap during the summer. And even then I believe we can go over by 10%. So we don't really lose out on anything by insurance as you mentioned. 

• Like 1

4th Worst Record in League, and only 2 points ahead of Senators for 3rd Worst.  No chance of finishing 1st, the Red Wings have that locked up, and the Kings look determined to get the 2nd seed.  Only a couple of teams that we could catch, so looks like it's a certainty we'll finish in the bottom 6.  Finish low enough, and we have at least a shot at that #1 pick.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

There are some comments that make me think a blood test is in order to determine that the poster is human.

Really, you don’t think Eaves would rather be playing than dealing with his ailment(s)?  Come on.  It’s a game until Dehydrated Donkey Dung like this strikes, then you just should thank your lucky stars for what you have and pray for the best for Eaves and others.

Enough is enough.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

There are some comments that make me think a blood test is in order to determine that the poster is human.

Really, you don’t think Eaves would rather be playing than dealing with his ailment(s)?  Come on.  It’s a game until Dehydrated Donkey Dung like this strikes, then you just should thank your lucky stars for what you have and pray for the best for Eaves and others.

Enough is enough.

That I agree with.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

What exactly is his ailment?  First they said it was this incredibly rare disease.  Then they said that it was not that at all.  He played in a few games, then was sent down to San Diego for a period of time, because his performance was not up to NHL standards.  But at no point has anything been said about what "illness" he is suffering from.  At least with Kesler being out, everyone knows it has to do with back problems, and his surgery.  Eaves never had any surgery, and again....the Ducks have said absolutely nothing about his condition.

In any case, I guess I'm the only one who remembers all the criticism towards Murray on these very boards when he was signed to that 3 Yr. $9.5 Million deal, with many saying that he was an injury waiting to happen.  Does Murray just get a pass on that?  It's all irrelevant now.  But it was easily one of the absolute worst signings in Ducks history given the fact he received $1 Million per game played.  Never should have been signed, and that's all on Murray.  But like everything else, he's not blamed, and just gets a contract extension for his efforts.

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

What exactly is his ailment?  First they said it was this incredibly rare disease.  Then they said that it was not that at all.  He played in a few games, then was sent down to San Diego for a period of time, because his performance was not up to NHL standards.  But at no point has anything been said about what "illness" he is suffering from.  At least with Kesler being out, everyone knows it has to do with back problems, and his surgery.  Eaves never had any surgery, and again....the Ducks have said absolutely nothing about his condition.

In any case, I guess I'm the only one who remembers all the criticism towards Murray on these very boards when he was signed to that 3 Yr. $9.5 Million deal, with many saying that he was an injury waiting to happen.  Does Murray just get a pass on that?  It's all irrelevant now.  But it was easily one of the absolute worst signings in Ducks history given the fact he received $1 Million per game played.  Never should have been signed, and that's all on Murray.  But like everything else, he's not blamed, and just gets a contract extension for his efforts.

They guy couldn't walk up the stairs. Doesn't matter what he got paid. He's in his 30s with a family, do you really think he was excited to get this ailment? Sure, you count it now but does it really matter? And frankly, the ailment didn't happen on the ice that ended his career so you could literally say that this could have happened to any other player in the league. 

3 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

He was diagnosed with Guillion-Barre (sp ) which is a paralysis after a virus infection. It' fairly rare but I have seen 2 patients in over 40 years. Most people " recover " but their muscles never completely recover 100 %. When he was diagnosed I predicted his hockey career was over because your reflexes and muscle strength was shot for competitive sports. IMHO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

He was diagnosed with Guillion-Barre (sp ) which is a paralysis after a virus infection. It' fairly rare but I have seen 2 patients in over 40 years. Most people " recover " but their muscles never completely recover 100 %. When he was diagnosed I predicted his hockey career was over because your reflexes and muscle strength was shot for competitive sports. IMHO

yes, but then didn't he get un-diagnosed? like didn't it come out later that that actually wasn't what was going on?

either way, doesn't matter, diagnosis doesn't matter, symptoms and recovery do. it sucks man...it really, really sucks. i feel so bad for Eaves.

8 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

yes, but then didn't he get un-diagnosed? like didn't it come out later that that actually wasn't what was going on?

either way, doesn't matter, diagnosis doesn't matter, symptoms and recovery do. it sucks man...it really, really sucks. i feel so bad for Eaves.

I thinks the original diagnosis was correct and then they " changed " it because of the likelihood of him being permanently out of hockey. Happens sometime when a family ( or team )wants a BETTER  diagnosis and prognosis

1 hour ago, DUCKSDOC said:

I thinks the original diagnosis was correct and then they " changed " it because of the likelihood of him being permanently out of hockey. Happens sometime when a family ( or team )wants a BETTER  diagnosis and prognosis

Original diagnosis was Guillain-Barre syndrome. After further testing at the Mayo Clinic, diagnosis was changed to "post-viral syndrome."  Whatever that is.

4 hours ago, dukitup said:

Original diagnosis was Guillain-Barre syndrome. After further testing at the Mayo Clinic, diagnosis was changed to "post-viral syndrome."  Whatever that is.

Same thing, without the full brunt of negative baggage. 

I'm pretty sure the Eaves injury happened after the signing, and that both that and the syndrome that appeared post injury, were not present when the contract was signed. It's bad luck for the Ducks, no more than that.

Murray has made ill advised signings at times, but I don't think it's fair to count Eaves against him.

1 hour ago, Thom-74 said:

I'm pretty sure the Eaves injury happened after the signing, and that both that and the syndrome that appeared post injury, were not present when the contract was signed. It's bad luck for the Ducks, no more than that.

Murray has made ill advised signings at times, but I don't think it's fair to count Eaves against him.

I agree....Eaves would be good IF it was not for the illness he has.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck