The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Capt Oz

Our D-Men S#@%!!!!!

When Fowler and Lindholm are not contributing offensively they are pretty much worthless!  They can't even skate it out of the zone!!! Look at the past 10 games you'll see they keep passing it back and forth in our zone until they give it away.  Not to mention the stupid penalties (specially Lindholm).  If they are not going to take the shot on the powerplay get them the F@%# off the ice!

Del Zotto and Larsson a basically marshmallows that can't clear the zone let alone intimidate

Gudbranson, Manson, and Holzer... play physical but not consistent. 

Edited by Capt Oz

1 hour ago, Capt Oz said:

When Fowler and Lindholm are not contributing offensively they are pretty much worthless!  They can't even skate it out of the zone!!! Look at the past 10 games you'll see they keep passing it back and forth in our zone until they give it away.  Not to mention the stupid penalties (specially Lindholm).  If they are not going to take the shot on the powerplay get them the F@%# off the ice!

Del Zotto and Larsson a basically marshmallows that can't clear the zone let alone intimidate

Do you think this might have something to do with the forwards as well? The idea is to keep possession of the puck, not just chip it out or ice it. If there are no passing options up the ice then the defensemen will probably pass it around in the zone.

Our powerplay has been crap for years. Whoever runs the special teams needs to leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nieder said:

Do you think this might have something to do with the forwards as well? The idea is to keep possession of the puck, not just chip it out or ice it. If there are no passing options up the ice then the defensemen will probably pass it around in the zone.

Our powerplay has been crap for years. Whoever runs the special teams needs to leave.

Totally. Aside from Manson and Larsson, the rest of the D has been playing to expectations in terms of their D-zone coverage, but the D's inability to move the puck up the ice is most often due to the forwards.

• Like 1

Accusing Fowler of being unable to break the puck out is laughable. He’s like the only player capable of doing so right now. The Fowards are not skating away from the puck at all, sometimes we get lucky and they glide. No one ever seems to want to be the one to make the play, everyone is waiting for someone else to do it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Accusing Fowler of being unable to break the puck out is laughable. He’s like the only player capable of doing so right now. The Fowards are not skating away from the puck at all, sometimes we get lucky and they glide. No one ever seems to want to be the one to make the play, everyone is waiting for someone else to do it. 

Absolutely!!! you would think.... what's laughable is that he doesn't.  No question he can, why isn't he is my question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt Oz said:

Absolutely!!! you would think.... what's laughable is that he doesn't.  No question he can, why isn't he is my question.

There has to be somebody to pass to.

Ok... so the problem is our forwards, because they are not making themselves available....

What about all the odd-man rushes against us?  What about the second and third chances around the net? !What about the stupid penalties that are not even in our zone?  What about the fact that we can't get shots on goal from the blue line?  Oh yeah, we had one last night and it went in problem is it wasn't from our d-men

Ok... so the problem is our forwards, because they are not making themselves available....

What about all the odd-man rushes against us?  What about the second and third chances around the net? !What about the stupid penalties that are not even in our zone?  What about the fact that we can't get shots on goal from the blue line?  Oh yeah, we had one last night and it went in problem is it wasn't from our d-men

You're moving the goalposts now.

Odd-man rushes? Usually an issue with forwards not getting back. Second and third chances around the net? The defensemen not clearing the puck or taking the man. Recently Manson has been the worst at this. Shots on net? Our defensemen are all pretty bad at getting pucks through. Fowler shoots into legs pretty often. Lindholm is probably one of the better guys though.

The whole team has issues. The point is that our struggles aren't just the fault of the defensemen. It seems weird to call them out specifically, especially on breakouts when the issue seems to be the forwards not giving them options. The bigger issue is the defensemen (and forwards in the defensive zone) dropping off players and not picking up their man, leaving shooters wide open.

Edited by nieder

29 minutes ago, nieder said:

You're moving the goalposts now.

Odd-man rushes? Usually an issue with forwards not getting back. Second and third chances around the net? The defensemen not clearing the puck or taking the man. Recently Manson has been the worst at this. Shots on net? Our defensemen are all pretty bad at getting pucks through. Fowler shoots into legs pretty often. Lindholm is probably one of the better guys though.

The whole team has issues. The point is that our struggles aren't just the fault of the defensemen. It seems weird to call them out specifically, especially on breakouts when the issue seems to be the forwards not giving them options. The bigger issue is the defensemen (and forwards in the defensive zone) dropping off players and not picking up their man, leaving shooters wide open.

Again.... not looking to get in a piddleing match as we're all (most of us) are Ducks fans.

The odd man rushes that I'm speaking that happen way too frequent are the 2 on 1's 

Second chances, third chances... just in our last 3 games we gave up a pass up the middle (you can call it a giveaway or takeaway) that led to a goal.  

We can continue this discussion after Thursdays game... I'm willing to bet it all happens again.  And don't get me started on the F'-n zebras!

Edited by Capt Oz

We can continue this discussion after Thursdays game... I'm willing to bet it all happens again.  And don't get me started on the F'-n zebras!

Lol, guaranteed. This team is not good.

At this point I'm hoping we manage to score a top 2 pick at the draft, that will set this team up with a genuine elite forward talent to build around for the next decade.

i think Manson came back too quickly.  not a lot of reason to make him come back as early as he did.  i mean, it's me hoping it's a nagging injury that's making him so below his par.

4 hours ago, nieder said:

Whoever runs the special teams needs to leave.

spot on. 100% as well as the defensive coach....we need to get rid of Morrison and Wilford. immediately. it's already a season and a half too late.

man we could have used Paul McLean....i do wonder if Bob isn't interested in doing anyting to help the immediate as he doesn't see this as the team that needs the punch? i dunno....while that is financially pretty smart...it really can hurt development....im very worried about our development right now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

spot on. 100% as well as the defensive coach....we need to get rid of Morrison and Wilford. immediately. it's already a season and a half too late.

man we could have used Paul McLean....i do wonder if Bob isn't interested in doing anyting to help the immediate as he doesn't see this as the team that needs the punch? i dunno....while that is financially pretty smart...it really can hurt development....im very worried about our development right now.

This post is spot on. I fully agree. These coaches are potentially ruinous for the kids that are learning the pro game.

gmbm does not see the damage being done until 3 months from now.

That is what happened with the coach last year.

both coaches need to go!!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Capt Oz said:

Come down my Friend relax Patience just remember this process has been through before with our Ducks. I am planning sometime to talk about this on my video soon.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

This post is spot on. I fully agree. These coaches are potentially ruinous for the kids that are learning the pro game.

gmbm does not see the damage being done until 3 months from now.

That is what happened with the coach last year.

both coaches need to go!!!!

What's interesting is that BM was head coach at the end of last year and he had a better record than DE....🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nieder said:

Lol, guaranteed. This team is not good.

At this point I'm hoping we manage to score a top 2 pick at the draft, that will set this team up with a genuine elite forward talent to build around for the next decade.

I'm hoping we can win a game in regulation lol. The #2 ranked player, Quinton Byfield would fit in perfectly although I'm hoping for Alexis Lafrenière.

we are on the way for the 5th overall pick, no way we win in the lottery…

Montreal, Detroit, Los Angeles are the favorites for the lottery… I'm assume the 3 of the last season not win in two years in a row… if not, there would be all 3 favorites too…

but when we trade some pieces away for Picks this season?

On 1/15/2020 at 5:10 AM, Spike1981 said:

we are on the way for the 5th overall pick, no way we win in the lottery…

Montreal, Detroit, Los Angeles are the favorites for the lottery… I'm assume the 3 of the last season not win in two years in a row… if not, there would be all 3 favorites too…

but when we trade some pieces away for Picks this season?

Montreal is pick 10 at the moment

Well this is one of those games where Fowler and Lindholm are going to disapear... I predict Lindholm will take at least 2 bad penalties.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Marcus Pettersson signs a 5-year, $20.1 mil contract extension with Pittsburgh. He might be the defensive version of the Kunitz trade.

stellar work, Bob.

oof.  note: i made comparisons to Pronger when we shipped him.  sigh.

46 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Marcus Pettersson signs a 5-year, $20.1 mil contract extension with Pittsburgh. He might be the defensive version of the Kunitz trade.

stellar work, Bob.

We drafted him, right?  So good work there.  Then what??   No improvement?  Whose problem is that - did we just get impatient and he's now grown up, or if he's blossomed under another team's system (and not just "another team", but the Penguins....a really good organization, right?), probably our system is not working 'right' to develop the talent spotted by our people?   Am I wrong?  That means coaches, at all levels.  If it was impatience, then Bob is part of the problem....and he's got part of the problem, too, if our coaching and development staff can't improve the talent our scouts find.

I'm forced to believe that the hockey people paid to do jobs for the Ducks, know their stuff, know how to work with talent and develop it, and that is why they get paid the big bucks.  So I'm frustrated to see any more Wild Bill's, Kunitz's doing really well for other teams.  That's not the way to succeed folks.

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

stellar work, Bob.

Meh, big deal. Daniel Sprong has 8 goals for the Gulls this season and Jacob Larsson has been a rock on our blue line. GMBM crushed that trade.

:lol::lol::lol:.... :(

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Meh, big deal. Daniel Sprong has 8 goals for the Gulls this season and Jacob Larsson has been a rock on our blue line. GMBM got crushed  by that trade.

Minor edit.

At least one bird-named team is doing things right.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Minor edit.

At least one bird-named team is doing things right.

Lol. I thought your edit was going to change the word “rock” to “pylon”...

17 hours ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

We drafted him, right?  So good work there.  Then what??   No improvement?  Whose problem is that - did we just get impatient and he's now grown up, or if he's blossomed under another team's system (and not just "another team", but the Penguins....a really good organization, right?), probably our system is not working 'right' to develop the talent spotted by our people?   Am I wrong?  That means coaches, at all levels.  If it was impatience, then Bob is part of the problem....and he's got part of the problem, too, if our coaching and development staff can't improve the talent our scouts find.

I'm forced to believe that the hockey people paid to do jobs for the Ducks, know their stuff, know how to work with talent and develop it, and that is why they get paid the big bucks.  So I'm frustrated to see any more Wild Bill's, Kunitz's doing really well for other teams.  That's not the way to succeed folks.

Well to be fair he attempted to improve our top 6 with a guy who had good hands but seemed to be stuck and used improperly. It was a chance and he did come in and score for a little while. Ultimately, we lost the trade though. 

18 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Meh, big deal. Daniel Sprong has 8 goals for the Gulls this season and Jacob Larsson has been a rock on our blue line. GMBM crushed that trade.

(one of) the worst trade in the past years (with the Eaves trade, but here was bad luck with his injuries)…

once we had so a depth at the defense… Vatanen, Theodore, Pettersson, Montour ect..and add Del Zotto, Gudbrandson (ok this was a steal trade), Guhle...

I should know the answer to this question, but I haven't been as checked in with this team as I normally am: What happened to Brendan Guhle?  I know he was hurt for a bit, then went down, then came back up, and now he hasn't been in the lineup in two months.  Did he get sent back to the AHL to work on stuff?  Is he hurt again?