The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Sexlaf15

Confidence

I think the biggest thing this team is missing is confidence. I’m not sure how Eakins can instill in these kids the confidence they need to start playing the way they can. 

Personally, I say let them off the leash and just open the ice up. The team is already straight butt at defense, spread the ice, get some of these kids some goals. 

3 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think the biggest thing this team is missing is confidence. I’m not sure how Eakins can instill in these kids the confidence they need to start playing the way they can. 

Personally, I say let them off the leash and just open the ice up. The team is already straight butt at defense, spread the ice, get some of these kids some goals. 

I Couldn't agree more..Look we know our Ducks are Green with alot of Rookies and Youth....It won't hurt to throw caution to the wind and LET THEM BE UNLEASHED UPON the NHL. Let them Score alot of goals go for the Kill.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Eakins is letting them open up the ice. Not sure how much more open you want them to play. Eakins is letting a quasi-AHL lineup compete and not play defense first. With a lineup like this you cant expect them to play at the highest level every game. Most nights I see our young guys getting chances. The issue here is not Eakins's "leash" but moreso that our young guys aren't making the right plays when they have the chance. How many times to we see Jones take that extra touch before taking the shot? How many times do Lundestrom, Terry, or Steel pass up on a shot when they have the chance to shoot? How many point blank rebound chances do our young guys simply squander in the crease? We are made up of half a dozen guys that would still be in San Diego any other season. Just chalk this season up as inexperience. Give them a couple season and they'll be where they need to be. I think the confidence is there, and what's missing is just the additional experience at the NHL level allowing them to make the right plays at the right time.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Eakins is doing that.  It's the only thing he's doing.  In fact, the one thing we KNEW he was good at was inspiring players to play their best.  He can't even do that.  

As I said elsewhere, I like Eakins and was fine with us giving him a second chance.  But it's clear now why he didn't get that second chance anywhere else and why none of our young players have developed.  He's good at coaching people; he's not good at coaching hockey.

Only way our Ducks will regain their confidence is through Winning Streak nothing more...NOTHING LESS.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck