The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Might as well make a new thread for this. 

The more I read about the prospects the more I wouldn’t necessarily hate Drysdale. Seems like a RH Cam Fowler. Slick skating, high IQ, but isn’t super flashy. If we fall in the draft, maybe even trade down a spot or two of someone wants to do that. Wouldn’t hate the pick. Obviously we need scoring, so I’ll still stand by Holtz at around 4-6 which is where I picture us. 

• Like 1

If the Ducks win the draft lottery... better to take 1,2,3 this year to trade down to top 15 and get an extra 2021 pick? Is it a deep draft this coming offseason?

On 1/29/2020 at 4:04 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

Might as well make a new thread for this. 

The more I read about the prospects the more I wouldn’t necessarily hate Drysdale. Seems like a RH Cam Fowler. Slick skating, high IQ, but isn’t super flashy. If we fall in the draft, maybe even trade down a spot or two of someone wants to do that. Wouldn’t hate the pick. Obviously we need scoring, so I’ll still stand by Holtz at around 4-6 which is where I picture us. 

I think that unless we win the draft lottery, Murray is taking Drysdale if he's on the board.

5 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think that unless we win the draft lottery, Murray is taking Drysdale if he's on the board.

It’s seeming that way 

Edited by Sexlaf15

1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

It’s seeming that way 

I'd rather have Raymond, Holtz or that Stutzle kid over Drysdale just because I think that they are better prospects, so I'd be a little bummed if Murray passed on them but couldn't really blame him if he did.

5 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I'd rather have Raymond, Holtz or that Stutzle kid over Drysdale just because I think that they are better prospects, so I'd be a little bummed if Murray passed on them but couldn't really blame him if he did.

I’d understand drafting Dysdale if we move Manson. It’s not seeming that way, so I’d rather draft an electric forward 

1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’d understand drafting Dysdale if we move Manson. It’s not seeming that way, so I’d rather draft an electric forward 

a scorer we need

5 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Yeah, I think that Murray would have to draft Drysdale first before moving Manson, but I can definitely see that scenario playing out. 

is there any news about covid infections either within the ducks organization or the draft or NHL player population?

On 5/16/2020 at 10:11 AM, SchweizerDuck said:

I would like to see Ducks grab a goal scorer also. I don't see Manson being moved and probably will be signed to a long term extension.

Yeah, I think that the Ducks need goal scoring more than they need defense (which is saying something), though I'd still bet my last dollar that Murray takes Drysdale if he's on the board and the Ducks don't get a lottery pick. Can't really blame Murray for thinking he'd be the BPA though. If not Drysdale, they will have really good options of guys like Holtz, Raymond, Rossi to choose from if they are drafting in the 5-7 range. With the Ducks having too many LHD's on the roster as well as in the system, I'd be surprised if either Fowler or Lindholm aren't moved within the next two seasons. I'm not entirely sold on Manson being re-signed, especially if the Ducks are still clearly in a rebuild which is a very real possibility for the near future.  

I'm hoping the Ducks can add some additional 1st and 2nd round picks in the upcoming draft or in 2021.

I agree!!! Really hoping the Ducks take a goal scorer with the first pick in the first round (winger to pair with Zegras) and defense with the second pick in the first round. Agree again on the Drysdale situation.....If Murray does take him dont blame him at all. With the overstock on LHDmen I am really hoping that GMBM pulls off some kind of off season trade. If one of Lindholm/ Fowler is moved it will be Linholm......When Fowler signed his long term extension he is pretty much impossible to trade. I just have a feeling that GMBM will resign Manson long term.....

On 5/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, I think that the Ducks need goal scoring more than they need defense (which is saying something), though I'd still bet my last dollar that Murray takes Drysdale if he's on the board and the Ducks don't get a lottery pick. Can't really blame Murray for thinking he'd be the BPA though. If not Drysdale, they will have really good options of guys like Holtz, Raymond, Rossi to choose from if they are drafting in the 5-7 range. With the Ducks having too many LHD's on the roster as well as in the system, I'd be surprised if either Fowler or Lindholm aren't moved within the next two seasons. I'm not entirely sold on Manson being re-signed, especially if the Ducks are still clearly in a rebuild which is a very real possibility for the near future.  

I'm hoping the Ducks can add some additional 1st and 2nd round picks in the upcoming draft or in 2021.

9 hours ago, SchweizerDuck said:

I agree!!! Really hoping the Ducks take a goal scorer with the first pick in the first round (winger to pair with Zegras) and defense with the second pick in the first round. Agree again on the Drysdale situation.....If Murray does take him dont blame him at all. With the overstock on LHDmen I am really hoping that GMBM pulls off some kind of off season trade. If one of Lindholm/ Fowler is moved it will be Linholm......When Fowler signed his long term extension he is pretty much impossible to trade. I just have a feeling that GMBM will resign Manson long term.....

My hunch is that Murray is going to ultimately take Holtz, since I thinkOttawa (since they have that additional SJ pick) or even LA taking Drysdale before us. Murray also said that he's targeting shooters in the draft and Holtz is this year's consensus top sniper. Plus, the idea of pairing Holtz with a pure passing playmaker like Zegras just makes it seem more likely that Holtz would be the guy. If that's the route Murray goes, then it makes a ton of sense and hopefully we have our next dynamic duo.

Though, the more I hear about Marco Rossi, the more I want this guy to be a Duck lol. 

I totally agree!!! I see Ducks taking Holtz.....which isnt a bad thing. Also makes lots of sense pairing him with pure passing play maker like Trevor Zegras. They would be a nice duo for the future and hoping they could lead them to another Stanley Cup!

On 6/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, SchweizerDuck said:

I totally agree!!! I see Ducks taking Holtz.....which isnt a bad thing. Also makes lots of sense pairing him with pure passing play maker like Trevor Zegras. They would be a nice duo for the future and hoping they could lead them to another Stanley Cup!

It would great to get him...plus Ducks have tendency to draft Swedes ALOT.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck