Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Pierre LeBrun said that the Ducks received legit offers on the #6 pick. If one of those was from Minnesota and we could have taken Rossi and gotten an additional quality pick, then I'll have a stroke.

ohhh I would love to know what htose were...haha....that's gotta be leaked....

I will say, I like how excited Drysdale looked when we picked him :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Pierre LeBrun said that the Ducks received legit offers on the #6 pick. If one of those was from Minnesota and we could have taken Rossi and gotten an additional quality pick, then I'll have a stroke.

Kinda shows you how much value Drysdale has to many GMs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

Well, Minnesota took Rossi.  If they thought Rossi might go sooner, they might have taken him anyway.  

But if you'd like to be upset that we could have had a shot at Drysdale at 9 AND had an extra pick, then stroke away.

Sorry, phrasing was poor on that...

Haha. Yeah, maybe. I'd just love to know who made offers for the pick and what they were. Walking away with Holtz, Rossi or Drysdale by trading back and getting the extra pick would have been so shrewd, IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

I feel like that was a thing that happened very recently to drum up interest in the draft, and probably because people thought the Kings might go that way.  I'm not saying it's a ludicrous position, because I don't know all that much about it, but I thought the timing of Stutzle's rise was a little puzzling.

Completely agree here. Byfield is clearly the second best player in this draft. I don't get why Stutzle's stock has rised up over the summer to the point that people were picking him ahead of Byfield. They weren't even playing hockey over the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nieder said:

Completely agree here. Byfield is clearly the second best player in this draft. I don't get why Stutzle's stock has rised up over the summer to the point that people were picking him ahead of Byfield. They weren't even playing hockey over the summer.

I think it was more a player like Byfield is redundant for the Kings. But like....why does that actually matter? lol who knows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Drysdale highlights.  Gibson probably very happy tonight. He's got a little Scotty in him
 

 

I like seeing those hip checks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

I think it was more a player like Byfield is redundant for the Kings. But like....why does that actually matter? lol who knows!

Since the kings don't have an established center to take over for Kopitar, I think getting Byfield was a no-brainer. No team rivals their center depth and Byfield could be the best player in the draft if he pans out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I think it was more a player like Byfield is redundant for the Kings. But like....why does that actually matter? lol who knows!

I'll take the best player available every time instead of drafting for need. The Kings don't need another C but they get a great player. Now they can trade one of their C prospects for another need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Since the kings don't have an established center to take over for Kopitar, I think getting Byfield was a no-brainer. No team rivals their center depth and Byfield could be the best player in the draft if he pans out.

 

Just now, nieder said:

I'll take the best player available every time instead of drafting for need. The Kings don't need another C but they get a great player. Now they can trade one of their C prospects for another need.

Oh yeah, absolutely. personally I maybe would have wanted Byfield instead of Lafreniere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Kinda shows you how much value Drysdale has to many GMs

Drysdale is highly regarded, it's kinda surprising he was even there for us to pick at #6.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm with everyone else in that I wanted a scoring forward like Rossi or Raymond. But Drysdale is a good pick. Hopefully he becomes our version of Makar or Heiskanen. 

Looking forward to #27 now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Schneider at 19...wow. That's a steal, too. He could have gone a little bit higher. No wonder the rangers traded for him

i think i agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nieder said:

So, I'm with everyone else in that I wanted a scoring forward like Rossi or Raymond. But Drysdale is a good pick. Hopefully he becomes our version of Makar or Heiskanen. 

Looking forward to #27 now.

 

Agreed. If we can get Gunler or Perreault at 27 then that's a good first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fisix said:

weird pick on paper for the Devils.

yeaaah...I wonder if the Rangers got a sense that the Devils were gonna go after Schneider....and didn't like that haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...