The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

22 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Murray's got issues, so I'm not going to defend the guy completely.  But in this case, it sounds like the team had determined that Sanderson and Drysdale were both top 6 talents in this draft, maybe even top 5.  I would argue that Sanderson is not that, but I don't think that's unreasonable for Drysdale, and as we saw, at least one other team felt the same way about Sanderson.  So given that evaluation, unless Lafreniere or Byfield or Stutzle fell to them (zero percent), they were going to take a defenseman.  I don't think that's indicative of a poor drafting philosophy so much as it's indicative of the team's evaluation of the top two defensemen in this particular draft.

If wish he would have said that instead of we decided on a defensemen. Then I’d have no argument with that. The Drysdale pick isn’t bad at all and I’m glad Ottawa took Sanderson and made his decision easier.

18 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Gunler finally went.  I know a lot of you wanted him.

i would have love to have taken him. Colangelo is billed as a solid two way power forward which Murray definitely likes and adds to likes of Jones and Comtois.

8 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

The lack of other roster movement by Murray is troubling.  He has a bad habit of falling in love with his prospects.

top-5 pick in 2021 bound!

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If wish he would have said that instead of we decided on a defensemen. Then I’d have no argument with that. The Drysdale pick isn’t bad at all and I’m glad Ottawa took Sanderson and made his decision easier.

i would have love to have taken him. Colangelo is billed as a solid two way power forward which Murray definitely likes and adds to likes of Jones and Comtois.

top-5 pick one 2021 bound!

Too soon. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

Agree.  I believe the team will be competitive this year at least until Jan. 1, 2021.

LOL.

Well, the last time an NHL season started in January the Ducks were projected to finish at the bottom of the heap but ended up with the 3rd best record in the league, so I guess you never know with a shortened season. Is Boudreau still available?

9 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I think Perrault was a swing for the fences, albeit higher risk and a lower upside than Holtz.  But he was Holtz-lite.  

I don't think this was the right year to trade draft picks.  The Ducks need all the cheap future talent they can get.  If anything, I'm upset Murray didn't try to get MORE picks.

If you are talking about picks in the first two rounds, sure.   But the likelihood of players playing significant NHL games as a third rounder or lower is pretty remote.  You are almost as lucky signing free agents than getting a contributor in the later rounds.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

damn....Murray from Pens to Sens....for Gruden and 2020 2nd rounder??? Wow....that sounds like a pretty solid deal for the Sens.....

And damn!! the Preds just sent Bonino to Minnesota and their 37th pick for....Kunin? and some late picks? huh

Bones isn't as young as he used to be.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

damn....Murray from Pens to Sens....for Gruden and 2020 2nd rounder??? Wow....that sounds like a pretty solid deal for the Sens.....

And damn!! the Preds just sent Bonino to Minnesota and their 37th pick for....Kunin? and some late picks? huh

Ots won this week....

42 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

The lack of other roster movement by Murray is troubling.  He has a bad habit of falling in love with his prospects.

With having two first rounders, I don't think we really needed to this year  And with several two-way guys expected to stay up top this year, we need the lower level folks to fill out the lower level teams.  I'm not as concerned about it.

8 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

With having two first rounders, I don't think we really needed to this year  And with several two-way guys expected to stay up top this year, we need the lower level folks to fill out the lower level teams.  I'm not as concerned about it.

I have far less confidence in any of our younger players becoming top two line players.  

21 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

I have far less confidence in any of our younger players becoming top two line players.  

Didn't say they were top two lines (although some may be this year).  I meant they split the year last year, and will now be 100% up in Anaheim.  So SD now needs to backfill those holes.

5 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Guschin, Foudy, Zybeck, Knazko, Poirier all available and you pick Moore

And as of this post, they're all STILL available.  Maybe the NHL scouts are smarter than we are?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Murray got his bigger forward, so he gets his bigger d-man now: Ian Moore.  Like any guys still left, I have no idea about this kid.  But welcome to the Ducks!

Good point. I mean, when you put it like that we should have known it would be Moore lol

10 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Guschin, Foudy, Zybeck, Knazko, Poirier all available and you pick Moore

Alexander Nikishin...

5 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

And as of this post, they're all STILL available.  Maybe the NHL scouts are smarter than we are?

Sure, but let’s not act like Scouts also don’t draft solely who’s y’all way to often 

i liked the capfriendly draft page yesterday.  the NHL one sucks.

ah, i think i found the right page to see today's picks.

Edited by Fisix

wow, so Tampa Bay traded up to take a shot with Jack Finley - 6'6" CENTER at 213lbs from the WHL.

and then, right after, Boston took a 6'4" 195lb D.

6'6" is rather tall.

also - is it me, or is Toronto super, super passive this draft.  like, almost criminally passive.  they must think they have plenty of prospects, because they've passed on a few that would shore up their abysmal defense before their top lines retire.

DAEMON HUNT is a pretty wild name.

JEAN-LUC FOUDY just feels like he might be a big player down the road.

Edited by Fisix

Just now, Fisix said:

wow, so Tampa Bay traded up to take a shot with Jack Finley - 6'6" CENTER at 213lbs from the WHL.

and then, right after, Boston took a 6'4" 195lb D.

6'6" is rather tall.

also - is it me, or is Toronto super, super passive this draft.  like, almost criminally passive.  they must think they have plenty of prosepects, because they've passed on a few that would shore up their abysmal defense before their top lines retire.

DAEMON HUNT is a pretty wild name.

JEAN-LUC FOUDY just feels like he might be a big player down the road.

Foudy is insane, a lot of his advanced offensive stats are similar to Rossi and he played on a much worse team. 

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

Toronto super, super passive this draft. 

yes, I don't know what they make... they have needs defensive wise and salary cap wise.