The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

On 9/12/2020 at 5:19 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

I think Zegras is going to be way more dynamic and sexy, but Rossi is going to be the consistent steady guy. 1 thing I absolutely love is that he’s absolutely beast at entering the zone with the puck or facilitating controlled zone entry, which the ducks are horrendous at. 

Totally agree with this. Rossi seems like a player that you can flow your offense through. He's just very good and smart with the puck, on the rush or even in a offensive zone set. I think that you're also right in Detroit being the most likely to go off the board with either Perfetti or Raymond. That would leave either Drysdale or Rossi for the Ducks at #6. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Totally agree with this. Rossi seems like a player that you can flow your offense through. He's just very good and smart with the puck, on the rush or even in a offensive zone set. I think that you're also right in Detroit being the most likely to go off the board with either Perfetti or Raymond. That would leave either Drysdale or Rossi for the Ducks at #6. 

I could see them taking Amirov honestly. 

19 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

IF our Ducks take Rossi I would be Happy...also fyi had a good talk with my Brother...He believes Anaheim Ducks should not Pass up on Rossi. But it will be determin what 4 teams ahead of us will do....

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/13/2020 at 1:47 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

I’m not sure. Stevie Y in Detroit is always going to throw off mock drafts if he wants to, I think Ottawa probably goes Stutzle/Drysdale, people seem to really like Perfetti to Detroit. 

I agree with this. I think Ottawa goes a forward/defenseman. Wouldn't be surprised to see something like...

Rangers - Lafreniere

Kings - Byfield (although, some have them taking Stutzle)

Sens - Stutzle (or Byfield if Kings take Stutzle)

Wings - Raymond

Sens - Drysdale

Leaving for the Ducks - Perfetti, Rossi, Holtz.....which I would still probably take Holtz over either lol but wouldn't be upset with any of them.

46 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

another defensive prospect?  and, won't he go higher than our pick?

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

The best D prospect in the draft and he’s RH. He’s gonna be pretty good. 

10 hours ago, Fisix said:

It would be the best if our Ducks Talk to Ottawa and Swipe Picks. 6th to Ottawa in exchange for Ottawas 5th.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

19 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

The best D prospect in the draft and he’s RH. He’s gonna be pretty good. 

i think there'd be a revolt if we don't capture some offense.  shrug.

27 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i think there'd be a revolt if we don't capture some offense.  shrug.

Personally if Rossi isn’t there at 6 I’d take Drysdale over Holtz or Raymond. 

2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I'm with ya on Drysdale over Holtz/Raymond, too. Watching more of his highlights and hearing the comparison to Makar...I wouldn't mind that at all haha

I'm not super into Raymond. But man, we're gonna be getting a good player one way or another!

6 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Absolutely.  I actually think Drysdale, assuming he pans out, is exactly what the Ducks need - a right-shot playmaker on defense.  Shea Theodore, Cale Makar, Miro Heiskanen - these guys are doing serious damage from defense and the Ducks could really use that.

Of course, they could also use a couple forwards who can put the puck in the net...

6 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Absolutely.  I actually think Drysdale, assuming he pans out, is exactly what the Ducks need - a right-shot playmaker on defense.  Shea Theodore, Cale Makar, Miro Heiskanen - these guys are doing serious damage from defense and the Ducks could really use that.

Of course, they could also use a couple forwards who can put the puck in the net...

IF our Ducks do take Drysdale at 6th...I expect them to take Right Wing at 27th...This year's Draft...It would be no surprise to me if our Ducks focus on RHD and RW Gorby.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Ducks drafting a great defensemen to replace the one they gave up would be so on brand. The Ducks need EVERYTHING so taking Drysdale is perfectly fine if they think he has the highest upside. Murray is probably salivating at the thought of getting him. I'm interested in what Murray does if Drysdale is off the board and he can chose between Rossi, Holtz and Raymond. His public comments would definitely indicate a shooter like Holtz, but I think Raymond is more of a prototypical Murray pick that's not Anton Lundell lol.

12 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The Ducks drafting a great defensemen to replace the one they gave up would be so on brand. The Ducks need EVERYTHING so taking Drysdale is perfectly fine if they think he has the highest upside. Murray is probably salivating at the thought of getting him. I'm interested in what Murray does if Drysdale is off the board and he can chose between Rossi, Holtz and Raymond. His public comments would definitely indicate a shooter like Holtz, but I think Raymond is more of a prototypical Murray pick that's not Anton Lundell lol.

It would not surprise us if our Ducks Pick Raymond...considering Bob has a fondness for Swedes...Also What's Wrong with Lundell?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Honestly I have no idea which of those three I prefer.  The Ducks desperately need a shooter, but the #6 pick seems awfully high to take someone who is one-dimensional, unless Holtz is the next Patrick Kane.  It would have been nice if the Ducks had taken Kaliyev last year and then maybe that need wouldn't be so dire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

Honestly I have no idea which of those three I prefer.  The Ducks desperately need a shooter, but the #6 pick seems awfully high to take someone who is one-dimensional, unless Holtz is the next Patrick Kane.  It would have been nice if the Ducks had taken Kaliyev last year and then maybe that need wouldn't be so dire.

I’d take Rossi over Drysdale so he’d be my pick. Raymond seems to have a higher floor than Holtz with his overall game. He reminds me of a better playmaking version of Silfverberg and is very good defensively. That’s why I think Murray might like him over Holtz. That said, I’d take Holtz because he has the most goal scoring upside and I don’t want to pass on another Kaliyev again.

15 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

GMBM has already stocked the RW depth chart with "safe" players who don't have any elite-level tools in their tool box. I think he needs to add someone with that potentially elite tool, and in my mind that's Holtz. Best shooter in the draft. I also think his skating is pretty good.

Speaking of RWs, nieder and Jasoaks were on this in March on these boards, but I just now checked out the Bryce Kindopp's highlight reels from the WHL. He's got a pretty decent one-timer (something this team lacks badly) and can really elevate the puck when he's in tight around the crease. I don't know if he has much sandpaper to his game, but the highlights of his offensive game remind me a bit of Kunitz, who was also a late bloomer. If we do end up adding a RW in the draft, it will be interesting to see how the Ducks RW depth chart shakes out leading up to the ED next summer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

GMBM has already stocked the RW depth chart with "safe" players who don't have any elite-level tools in their tool box. I think he needs to add someone with that potentially elite tool, and in my mind that's Holtz. Best shooter in the draft. I also think his skating is pretty good.

Speaking of RWs, nieder and Jasoaks were on this in March on these boards, but I just now checked out the Bryce Kindopp's highlight reels from the WHL. He's got a pretty decent one-timer (something this team lacks badly) and can really elevate the puck when he's in tight around the crease. I don't know if he has much sandpaper to his game, but the highlights of his offensive game remind me a bit of Kunitz, who was also a late bloomer. If we do end up adding a RW in the draft, it will be interesting to see how the Ducks RW depth chart shakes out leading up to the ED next summer.

I think we posted at the exact same time lol. I agree about taking Holtz over Raymond because of his shooting/scoring ability that the Ducks desperately need. 
I hadn’t seen much on Kindopp other than he played well in his final WHL season. If the Ducks take a RW in the draft, I’m not sure the depth chart changes much before the expansion draft since it would be unlikely for that player to jump into the NHL right away. Silfverberg and Terry are the only right handed RW’s that the Ducks would have to protect regardless. The left side is where things are interesting with Rakell, Heinen, Jones, Milano. Good thing Comtois is ED exempt lol

My priority list looks like 

Rossi - Super complete player, does everything at a high level, very wide set of tools he can use in any situation 

Drysdale - Watching him play he really looks like Fowler on the ice, he skates well, maybe not as explosive as Makar and co, but still smooth, doesn’t have a huge shot, but he’s got a good one, aggressive while not getting caught in bad position too often 

Perfetti - Very high hockey IQ, not the best skater, but that can be coached, he’s not called Goal Perfetti for nothing he’s got high offensive upside 

Holtz - Best shot in the draft, but man I hate the way he plays with the puck, he’s a Ducks player if i’ve ever seen one, doesn’t go to high danger areas and shoots constantly from low percentage areas. Drives me nuts, but that can be coached. 

Raymond - More complete, but I’m not really high on him being very high caliber at it. 

Who knows, I could be totally wrong, but thats what I personally see. 

5 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Rossi - Super complete player, does everything at a high level, very wide set of tools he can use in any situation 

Drysdale - Watching him play he really looks like Fowler on the ice, he skates well, maybe not as explosive as Makar and co, but still smooth, doesn’t have a huge shot, but he’s got a good one, aggressive while not getting caught in bad position too often 

Perfetti - Very high hockey IQ, not the best skater, but that can be coached, he’s not called Goal Perfetti for nothing he’s got high offensive upside 

Holtz - Best shot in the draft, but man I hate the way he plays with the puck, he’s a Ducks player if i’ve ever seen one, doesn’t go to high danger areas and shoots constantly from low percentage areas. Drives me nuts, but that can be coached. 

Raymond - More complete, but I’m not really high on him being very high caliber at it. 

Nice descriptions. The Holtz description reminds me of Sprong lol

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:09 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Nice descriptions. The Holtz description reminds me of Sprong lol

Sprong's skill set, but with an endless motor. Holtz gets high marks for his effort and never taking a shift off. In that sense, he's like the anti-Sprong.

49 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Sprong's skill set, but with an endless motor. Holtz gets high marks for his effort and never taking a shift off. In that sense, he's like the anti-Sprong.

I appreciate the effort, it’s really nice to see a Sniper give that much effort, but he still sucks in his own zone and he does not put himself in high scoring areas. His shot is super nice and if you want someone shooting from the blue line on a rush then why not him, but still

On 9/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

Good List...My Fellow Ducks Fan and Hockey Aficionado Brethern....I have both Rossie and Drysdale...listed as my 1st and 2nd Choice.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'm really starting to come around on Rossi haha...from the discussion here and reading more and more about him...

...although the more I do, the more I can't imagine him being available by the 6th pick. And while I'd be fine with a Drysdale pick...I'd be less excited about him than Holtz or Perfetti ....or Stutzle or Byfield or Lafreniere haha but that's 'cause ...god do we need a scorer.

Honestly, I think we need a player that is self motivated more than anything else (aka Rossi). Just 'cause I don't trust our development program right now... and with whomever is available at 6...we need first the hardest, most self motivated worker....then we need the best scorer.

I think my priority list is now more: Lafreniere, Byfield, Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti, Stutzle

But I'd be excited about any of them (including Drysdale and Raymond) but I think that's where the priority would be for me. I think there's a CHANCE the Kings go with Stutzle since he has more of what they need than Byfield...then Ottawa takes Byfield...Wings take Rossi...Ottawa comes back with Drysdale...leaving us basically Holtz, Perfetti, or Raymond.

I'd still go with Holtz of those 3...'cause we.need.scoring. We've got a great passer in Zegras. Steel can make big steps. And Terry looks like a natural distributor, too....we need a scorer.

But like Sex said...he's not called Goal Perfetti for nothing lol but if we can get the best shot in the draft...that could be huge.

Ugh! Unless we do something dumb like trade away the 6 or pick...a goalie...or someone off the board...we're gonna get such a great player!!

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm really starting to come around on Rossi haha...from the discussion here and reading more and more about him...

...although the more I do, the more I can't imagine him being available by the 6th pick. And while I'd be fine with a Drysdale pick...I'd be less excited about him than Holtz or Perfetti ....or Stutzle or Byfield or Lafreniere haha but that's 'cause ...god do we need a scorer.

Honestly, I think we need a player that is self motivated more than anything else (aka Rossi). Just 'cause I don't trust our development program right now... and with whomever is available at 6...we need first the hardest, most self motivated worker....then we need the best scorer.

I think my priority list is now more: Lafreniere, Byfield, Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti, Stutzle

But I'd be excited about any of them (including Drysdale and Raymond) but I think that's where the priority would be for me. I think there's a CHANCE the Kings go with Stutzle since he has more of what they need than Byfield...then Ottawa takes Byfield...Wings take Rossi...Ottawa comes back with Drysdale...leaving us basically Holtz, Perfetti, or Raymond.

I'd still go with Holtz of those 3...'cause we.need.scoring. We've got a great passer in Zegras. Steel can make big steps. And Terry looks like a natural distributor, too....we need a scorer.

But like Sex said...he's not called Goal Perfetti for nothing lol but if we can get the best shot in the draft...that could be huge.

Ugh! Unless we do something dumb like trade away the 6 or pick...a goalie...or someone off the board...we're gonna get such a great player!!

You’re right. The one nice thing about this draft is that the Ducks are going to get a good player and really can’t go horribly wrong with their pick. We have the same top 5 going off the board, though I think Detroit could take Perfetti or Raymond. I put it at a coin flip lol. So “worse“ case scenario, we have Holtz, Raymond and Perfetti to pick from. If the Ducks pass on Holtz, I won’t be nearly as upset as them passing on Kaliyev.

52 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I won’t be nearly as upset as them passing on Kaliyev.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Ugh. That's gonna hurt I think. We'll see though...time will tell.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Ugh. That's gonna hurt I think. We'll see though...time will tell.

Hopefully Tracey will pan out, but that epitomizes Murray’s drafting. Don’t take the electric scorer with “character issues” and take a guy off board who’s relatively safe. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Hopefully Tracey will pan out, but that epitomizes Murray’s drafting. Don’t take the electric scorer with “character issues” and take a guy off board who’s relatively safe. 

Sounds like Someone we know our Ducks Drafted.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck