The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think you’re over-valuing Rico’s age. Especially given who Seattle’s GM is. Francis had a 119 point season at age 32 and played until he was 40. He’s not going to be scared off by a 31-year-old player who never misses games due to injury and who consistently pots 20-25 goals. And Rico is still the best player available on the Ducks’ exposure list. It’s not the same as Tampa trying to convince Seattle to take Tyler Johnson instead of Sergachev/Cernak. I do think Seattle will want something in exchange for taking Rico’s full contract, but you’re insane if you think they’ll require our top-4 draft pick. It’ll be a 2nd, or a 3rd and a younger player. Something like Heinen or Milano + a 3rd gets it done. Or just our 2nd rounder (#34 overall). The only way I can see Francis not taking that deal is if he really wants Fleury, who he drafted at #7 when he was GM in Carolina.

ohhhh that's an interesting factor....makes me wonder if BM knows this or thinks this and is using it as a way to protect Mahura...

But also, doesn't Rico have a say in a trade to Seattle? Like he would still have to approve it or waive his modified NTC right? I know he can be left unprotected, but a "deal" like this would be considered a trade, no?

Also, also, I find it so funny that so many of these instagram accounts are going through who they think the Seattle roster is, team by team, and SOMEHOW keep choosing Shattenkirk from us lol

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhhh that's an interesting factor....makes me wonder if BM knows this or thinks this and is using it as a way to protect Mahura...

But also, doesn't Rico have a say in a trade to Seattle? Like he would still have to approve it or waive his modified NTC right? I know he can be left unprotected, but a "deal" like this would be considered a trade, no?

Also, also, I find it so funny that so many of these instagram accounts are going through who they think the Seattle roster is, team by team, and SOMEHOW keep choosing Shattenkirk from us lol

No, we would trade assets for the agreement that Seattle selects him in the ED. His modified NTC doesn’t protect him from being exposed in the ED.

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

No, we would trade assets for the agreement that Seattle selects him in the ED. His modified NTC doesn’t protect him from being exposed in the ED.

ohhh got it. wow, crazy. that's just crazy we can bypass that part of his contract. I'd have to imagine with us putting him on waivers this is basically what will exactly be happening...

We’re pretty fortunate to have all but locked up the #2 position. Even with a Ducks win tonight, Vancouver would have to lose every game in regulation to finish the season, and with 4 games left against Calgary there’s basically a 0% chance that’s happening. 

I have no doubt that if this was a full 82 game season we’d end up finishing closer to where we did the last 2 years. Hopefully the better odds pay off and we actually get the #1 pick for the 1st time in Ducks history. We haven’t even had a top 5 pick since 2005.

It sucks this isn’t a good year to have the #1 overall, but all things considered it would be some decent luck. We’ll need even more to have a shot at the real prizes available in the 2022 draft.

6 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

We’re pretty fortunate to have all but locked up the #2 position. Even with a Ducks win tonight, Vancouver would have to lose every game in regulation to finish the season, and with 4 games left against Calgary there’s basically a 0% chance that’s happening. 

I have no doubt that if this was a full 82 game season we’d end up finishing closer to where we did the last 2 years. Hopefully the better odds pay off and we actually get the #1 pick for the 1st time in Ducks history. We haven’t even had a top 5 pick since 2005.

It sucks this isn’t a good year to have the #1 overall, but all things considered it would be some decent luck. We’ll need even more to have a shot at the real prizes available in the 2022 draft.

Well if someone below us wins the lotto we move to 3, but Seattle gets 3, so we drop to 4. So it isn’t guarantee. 

9 minutes ago, ike8228 said:

Well if someone below us wins the lotto we move to 3, but Seattle gets 3, so we drop to 4. So it isn’t guarantee. 

I was just talking about locking up the 2nd position going into the lottery and the better odds that come with it.

Edited by Spencer_12

On 5/8/2021 at 6:27 AM, dtsdlaw said:

I think you’re over-valuing Rico’s age. Especially given who Seattle’s GM is. Francis had a 119 point season at age 32 and played until he was 40. He’s not going to be scared off by a 31-year-old player who never misses games due to injury and who consistently pots 20-25 goals. And Rico is still the best player available on the Ducks’ exposure list. It’s not the same as Tampa trying to convince Seattle to take Tyler Johnson instead of Sergachev/Cernak. I do think Seattle will want something in exchange for taking Rico’s full contract, but you’re insane if you think they’ll require our top-4 draft pick. It’ll be a 2nd, or a 3rd and a younger player. Something like Heinen or Milano + a 3rd gets it done. Or just our 2nd rounder (#34 overall). The only way I can see Francis not taking that deal is if he really wants Fleury, who he drafted at #7 when he was GM in Carolina.

Oh, There's no way that it would require our pick this year or next year's pick which is why I am finding it harder for them to do a deal with Seattle and that Henrique will be traded elsewhere. I think Mahura or Fluery would be the most likely to get picked, followed by Heinen. Age doesn't help Henrique and this would primarily be about the money he's owed going forward. If Henrique can still be a 20-goal scorer for the next three seasons then it makes for weird optics for why the team with the fewest goals in the NHL this year would want to get rid of him lol.

I don't think that Francis is scared to take Henrique but with our firsts round picks off the table then I think he'd look for a player like Comtois or Terry to help make that deal. Florida got rid of Reilly Smith's contract (5 mil per x 5 years at age 26) by giving up Marchessault, who was coming off a 30-goal season, to Vegas. It just seems too complicated on the Ducks side IMO, so just let Seattle take their pick.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Oh, There's no way that it would require our pick this year or next year's pick which is why I am finding it harder for them to do a deal with Seattle and that Henrique will be traded elsewhere. I think Mahura or Fluery would be the most likely to get picked, followed by Heinen. Age doesn't help Henrique and this would primarily be about the money he's owed going forward. If Henrique can still be a 20-goal scorer for the next three seasons then it makes for weird optics for why the team with the fewest goals in the NHL this year would want to get rid of him lol.

I don't think that Francis is scared to take Henrique but with our firsts round picks off the table then I think he'd look for a player like Comtois or Terry to help make that deal. Florida got rid of Reilly Smith's contract (5 mil per x 5 years at age 26) by giving up Marchessault, who was coming off a 30-goal season, to Vegas. It just seems too complicated on the Ducks side IMO, so just let Seattle take their pick.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see! I went looking back at the expansion draft thread for Vegas and we were able to get rid of the Stoner contract with just allowing Vegas to take Theo and so many (while sad to give up Theo) were stoked that BM was able to do that without giving up a pick. So I'd have to imagine we'd be able to give up Rico's contract for something not too minimal considering how productive Rico can be.

I agree with the broadcast...I think we'll see a better performance from him next season wherever he is. Same with Silfv.

3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

You brought up Tyler Johnson and the Lightning earlier and how it would cost Tampa their 1st rounder for Seattle to take Johnson and lay off Sergachev/Cernak. It’s reasonable to assume Tampa’s pick could be in the 26-32 range, right? So you’re telling me that Seattle would agree to take the 26th overall pick (or later) to lay off Sergachev/Cernak and take a washed up Tyler Johnson, but they wouldn’t take the #34 overall to lay off Josh Mahura or Hayden Fleury and get a 20+ goal scoring Henrique? That’s bonkers.

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see! I went looking back at the expansion draft thread for Vegas and we were able to get rid of the Stoner contract with just allowing Vegas to take Theo and so many (while sad to give up Theo) were stoked that BM was able to do that without giving up a pick. So I'd have to imagine we'd be able to give up Rico's contract for something not too minimal considering how productive Rico can be.

I agree with the broadcast...I think we'll see a better performance from him next season wherever he is. Same with Silfv.

I think the question is how productive do teams think he'll be going forward. The odds of Rico producing at 20-goal, 40 + point pace decreases just due to the aging curve. That's before even taking his contract into account. Not saying that he can't but it's a riskier proposition which is why the Ducks are going to have to add incentives to trade him. 

12 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

You brought up Tyler Johnson and the Lightning earlier and how it would cost Tampa their 1st rounder for Seattle to take Johnson and lay off Sergachev/Cernak. It’s reasonable to assume Tampa’s pick could be in the 26-32 range, right? So you’re telling me that Seattle would agree to take the 26th overall pick (or later) to lay off Sergachev/Cernak and take a washed up Tyler Johnson, but they wouldn’t take the #34 overall to lay off Josh Mahura or Hayden Fleury and get a 20+ goal scoring Henrique? That’s bonkers.

It would cost Tampa a bit more because they would also be protecting players (like you said, Sergachev/Cernak) that they would otherwise lose and want to keep while they are still contending for a cup, in addition getting rid of Johnson's contract. The Ducks definitely do not have that problem and Henrique is owed 2.5 mil more in total salary. So, it would be Tampa's first and a prospect which is what LeBrun was saying the original ask has been from Seattle. But if the Ducks also want to protect Mahura or Fluery then doesn't the price to Seattle to do that increase? Again, it would be an unbelievable if the Ducks could shed Henrique's entire contract and also protect a player that they would otherwise lose for just the 34th overall pick. I just don't see Seattle doing that unless the Ducks offer more. I think it'll take the 34th pick + a decent prospect/young player for Seattle just to be interested in such a deal.

It's also not paramount that the Ducks move Henrique at the ED either, imo. They aren't contending anytime soon or have an impending cap problem. Wait until after when teams will have more flexibility. 

47 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It would cost Tampa a bit more because they would also be protecting players (like you said, Sergachev/Cernak) that they would otherwise lose and want to keep while they are still contending for a cup, in addition getting rid of Johnson's contract. The Ducks definitely do not have that problem and Henrique is owed 2.5 mil more in total salary. So, it would be Tampa's first and a prospect which is what LeBrun was saying the original ask has been from Seattle. But if the Ducks also want to protect Mahura or Fluery then doesn't the price to Seattle to do that increase? Again, it would be an unbelievable if the Ducks could shed Henrique's entire contract and also protect a player that they would otherwise lose for just the 34th overall pick. I just don't see Seattle doing that unless the Ducks offer more. I think it'll take the 34th pick + a decent prospect/young player for Seattle just to be interested in such a deal.

It's also not paramount that the Ducks move Henrique at the ED either, imo. They aren't contending anytime soon or have an impending cap problem. Wait until after when teams will have more flexibility. 

I don’t see any reason to pay more to protect Mahura and Fleury. If Seattle really just wants one of those two guys, rather than a bona fide NHL center AND an asset to build the future with, good luck to them. I’d actually be fine with using either of those guys as the sweetener to move Rico’s whole contract.

And I think the ED has to be the time to move Rico’s contract. If he doesn’t go at the ED, the Ducks will have to retain a good chunk of his cap hit and his NTC and the flat cap will limit where he can go and what comes back in return.

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I don’t see any reason to pay more to protect Mahura and Fleury. If Seattle really just wants one of those two guys, rather than a bona fide NHL center AND an asset to build the future with, good luck to them. I’d actually be fine with using either of those guys as the sweetener to move Rico’s whole contract.

And I think the ED has to be the time to move Rico’s contract. If he doesn’t go at the ED, the Ducks will have to retain a good chunk of his cap hit and his NTC and the flat cap will limit where he can go and what comes back in return.

I think that Seattle will just select one of them. The Fleury trade was one that I was not expecting at the TDL and my hunch is that Murray may have already discussed a Henrique trade with Francis. If they couldn't reach a deal and Murray is betting on Mahura getting selected then the Fleury trade makes sense as well as if he wants to move Lindholm. 

I don't think that Henrique had a lot of value amongst other teams in the league due to his contract and the Ducks would have had to retain salary even if they hadn't waived him. It's not ideal at all but moving his whole contract isn't a five-alarm and eating a chunk of it shouldn't hinder the Ducks. They have 22+ mil and 47 + mil in cap space over the next two seasons and no pending huge extensions. It also doesn't factor money that Murray can send out in other trades, so the Ducks should be fine in that regard.

I think we have to be careful big braining it. Last time we galaxy brained the ED we paid them a #1 defensemen to take a medium bad contract and not to take 2-3 subpar defensemen 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, ike8228 said:

Seattle does not get pick 3. They get the third best odds to win the lottery. Standings and odds wise it would be Buffalo, Anaheim, Seattle. If any team below them wins the lottery Seattle falls back. Vegas had this happen and picked 6th, the worse they could do. For Seattle, 5th is the worst for them, 4th for the Ducks. Anaheim will not pick any lower then 4th as Vancouver would be ahead of them now. 

Also for the higher teams in the lottery, if they win they can only move up a max of 10 spots. So if the team in 13 wins they can only go up to 3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think we have to be careful big braining it. Last time we galaxy brained the ED we paid them a #1 defensemen to take a medium bad contract and not to take 2-3 subpar defensemen 

"#1 defensemen" is a bit of a stretch for how people viewed Theo back then. We all liked him and didn't want to lose him, but he had not shown he's a "#1 defenseman" at that point. And I think it's a bit unfair to call the others "subpar defensemen."

Looking back at when we gave up Theo+Stoner to Vegas, most (not all) were pretty stoked on the deal, felt it was one of the better moves a GM did in the ED, and considering all the rules and having to lose SOMEONE...this was a pretty good result. Some weren't into it and no one wanted to lose Theo. Theo at that point had shown promise but also had made bad decisions that resulted directly in goals that playoffs. Manson followed up that next season with a career season and he led all D in the league in +/-. I really don't think the D we kept was an issue with the players, but with the staff. We changed our D coach that next season and our D has been terrible ever since.

Also, kinda funny, Larsson was brought up a few times as showing why Theo was redundant. Sigh...we were so naive back then lol

Also, also we got Rico for Vats and that was almost universally considered a win for the Ducks.

if Theo doesn't reach his ceiling (or break it) in Vegas, we don't care. I'm not convinced, with the staff we had from 2018 on, that Theo would be as good as he is now if he stayed with us.

But as someone said back on that Expansion Draft thread...."this is good...unless Theo hits his ceiling and Manson/Vats crap the bed...then all the pitchforks will come out." lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

"#1 defensemen" is a bit of a stretch for how people viewed Theo back then. We all liked him and didn't want to lose him, but he had not shown he's a "#1 defenseman" at that point. And I think it's a bit unfair to call the others "subpar defensemen."

Looking back at when we gave up Theo+Stoner to Vegas, most (not all) were pretty stoked on the deal, felt it was one of the better moves a GM did in the ED, and considering all the rules and having to lose SOMEONE...this was a pretty good result. Some weren't into it and no one wanted to lose Theo. Theo at that point had shown promise but also had made bad decisions that resulted directly in goals that playoffs. Manson followed up that next season with a career season and he led all D in the league in +/-. I really don't think the D we kept was an issue with the players, but with the staff. We changed our D coach that next season and our D has been terrible ever since.

Also, kinda funny, Larsson was brought up a few times as showing why Theo was redundant. Sigh...we were so naive back then lol

Also, also we got Rico for Vats and that was almost universally considered a win for the Ducks.

if Theo doesn't reach his ceiling (or break it) in Vegas, we don't care. I'm not convinced, with the staff we had from 2018 on, that Theo would be as good as he is now if he stayed with us.

But as someone said back on that Expansion Draft thread...."this is good...unless Theo hits his ceiling and Manson/Vats crap the bed...then all the pitchforks will come out." lol

I’m not saying that’s what he WAS, I’m saying that’s what he IS. Regardless of whether we thought it was a good move at the time, it wasn’t and I think every GM over thought the ED and handed Vegas a Stanley Cup caliber team. I’m not saying you can predict that, but just protect who you can and maybe just see who you lose. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took Rico without compensation. He’s a durable, 20-25 goal guy who could be a leader and get you to the cap floor. 

I wouldn’t really trade them much more than a 3rd round pick. I think Fleury’s play probably complicated things, but at this point keeping both Mahura and Fleury seems pointless, unless you trade a Dman out. I’m curious to see who we draft, does the ED happen before or after the draft? Because I’d be curious to see how that changes who we draft. If we take Power or Edvinsson I truly don’t know how you make room for that on your team anytime soon. But I guess you make it happen if they’re good enough. 

24 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’m not saying that’s what he WAS, I’m saying that’s what he IS. Regardless of whether we thought it was a good move at the time, it wasn’t and I think every GM over thought the ED and handed Vegas a Stanley Cup caliber team. I’m not saying you can predict that, but just protect who you can and maybe just see who you lose. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took Rico without compensation. He’s a durable, 20-25 goal guy who could be a leader and get you to the cap floor. 

I wouldn’t really trade them much more than a 3rd round pick. I think Fleury’s play probably complicated things, but at this point keeping both Mahura and Fleury seems pointless, unless you trade a Dman out. I’m curious to see who we draft, does the ED happen before or after the draft? Because I’d be curious to see how that changes who we draft. If we take Power or Edvinsson I truly don’t know how you make room for that on your team anytime soon. But I guess you make it happen if they’re good enough. 

I see, got it got it got it. I mean, yeah, Rico would be a great get for them if you ask me.

Yeah, Fleury sort of complicates things. The ED is on July 21st....and the lottery is on June 2nd (less than a month away!!) with the draft happening July 21st it looks like....and free agency July 28th....so we'll definitely know where we will pick by the ED but not who.

Also, teams have to have their protected list by July 17th.

I do wonder if Larsson might be enough? Trade Larsson and a pick to take Henrique

id feel fine doing that lol

Elliotte Friedman reporting today that Eichel admits he is upset by the way the Sabres have handled his neck injury. Also says Eichel would not discuss whether he has asked for a trade.

3 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Elliotte Friedman reporting today that Eichel admits he is upset by the way the Sabres have handled his neck injury. Also says Eichel would not discuss whether he has asked for a trade.

I wonder if Elliot Friedman can shed any light as to how the ducks don't seem to be making any changes in coaching and the poor treatment that we fans and supporters of this team have received this year???

How in blazes can any of them still have a job after such terrible, disheartening with such a disgracefully poor product on the ice???

Isn't this professional sports???

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

If he plays another game as a Sabre then I’ll be surprised. Looking forward to him being a Ranger or King! 😏

45 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

I wonder if Elliot Friedman can shed any light as to how the ducks don't seem to be making any changes in coaching and the poor treatment that we fans and supporters of this team have received this year???

How in blazes can any of them still have a job after such terrible, disheartening with such a disgracefully poor product on the ice???

Isn't this professional sports???

I’m kind of baffled with a bunch of Samueli’s decisions. For starters. 

how do you only wear your RR jerseys, twice? That’s a crime. It was the 2nd-3rd best selling jersey from every team. Both times they wore it, NHL Twitter talked about it all day. So much money left on the table. Speaking of jerseys, it’s pretty much unanimous that everyone wants the old school jerseys back. Our current ones are pretty ugly, at the very least make out 3rd alternate the main one. NHL needs to look at the NBA, their jerseys are so cool and the it’s so many you can choose from, and people who aren’t even fans are going to wear them. 

as for the team, idk how you can bring back Murray and Eakins, they’ve failed massively. Murray hasn’t even won anything to deserve the devotion. He even failed to make the team better at crucial points in our history. I think everyone is would prefer their hands off approach, but they need to reign in this organization. 

34 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If he plays another game as a Sabre then I’ll be surprised. Looking forward to him being a Ranger or King! 😏

I can't see Buffalo trading him to the Rangers. I also don't see how the Kings can fit his $10 cap hit into their cap structure with Doughty ($11M) and Kopitar ($10M) still on the books. They're ok for next season, but 2022-23 and 2023-24 will be a nightmare for them if they add Eichel's $10M cap hit. 

If it comes down to prospects, the King’s can easily offer Turcotte, their 1st this year, and another player. The Sabres would probably be asking for Comtois, our 1st this year (top 4 at worst), and likely Perreault (17 points in 26 AHL games as an 18 year old). I don’t think the Ducks can afford to give up all that, and there’s a very decent chance that what we give up will be worth more than Eichel alone, especially when you factor in salaries/cap hit.

If we could get him for Comtois, 2022 1st, and Benoit-Oliver Groulx (29 points in 39 games as a 21 year old AHL player), then I’d do that, but I doubt it would be enough. That 2022 pick with Zegras and Eichel down the middle and a healthy defense + Gibson wouldn’t even sniff a top 5 pick next year. 

Edited by Spencer_12

10 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I can't see Buffalo trading him to the Rangers. I also don't see how the Kings can fit his $10 cap hit into their cap structure with Doughty ($11M) and Kopitar ($10M) still on the books. They're ok for next season, but 2022-23 and 2023-24 will be a nightmare for them if they add Eichel's $10M cap hit. 

They have brown coming off the books in 22-23. If they can trick buffalo into taking quick (with retention) it's not that crazy. The kings sure have the prospects to pull of such a move.
Same for the rangers. The sabres will be looking for the best pacakge. If the rangers can offer that I'm pretty sure the sabres won't have a problem with Eichel going to the Rangers.

Too bad we don't have young talent to give up (don't want to lose Drysdale, Zegras and Comtois). And if I'm buffalo I'd ask for one of those 3. 

9 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

If it comes down to prospects, the King’s can easily offer Turcotte, their 1st this year, and another player. The Sabres would probably be asking for Comtois, our 1st this year (top 4 at worst), and likely Perreault (17 points in 26 AHL games as an 18 year old). I don’t think the Ducks can afford to give up all that, and there’s a very decent chance that what we give up will be worth more than Eichel alone, especially when you factor in salaries/cap hit.

If we could get him for Comtois, 2022 1st, and Benoit-Oliver Groulx (29 points in 39 games as a 21 year old AHL player), then I’d do that, but I doubt it would be enough. That 2022 pick with Zegras and Eichel down the middle and a healthy defense + Gibson wouldn’t even sniff a top 5 pick next year. 

Earlier in the season there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind to give up that package for Eichel. Comtois will never become the player Eichel is but seeing him later in the season made me doubtful.
He can score which is something we desperately need. He clicked with Rakell and later with Terry and Zegras. There's no point in getting Eichel if we don't have somebody who can score. 
As for Groulx, his 29 points in 39 games is pretty good and he's playing well defensively too. I think he might be a gem. 

I hate losing. Getting Eichel would help that. But Eichel is elite and to get that kind of talent you have to give up something of value. If the kings can offer turcotte we won't beat that offer with Comtois I think.

So if we suck for one more year we might get a high pick in that deep 2022 draft. That would give us  Zegras (who hopefully becomes as good as Eichel), Drysdale, Comtois and that 2022 prospect.
Combine that with the veteran presence of Lindholm, Fowler, Gibson and Rakell and that's a pretty good core. I think it's safe to say that we have future NHL'ers in Dostal, Mahura, Lundestrom and hopefully Groulx. That's not too shabby IMO. 

I left out Jones, Steel and Terry because their future is cloudy as far as I'm concerned. They're not bad but they're nothing special either (although I still have hope for Terry). 

On 5/9/2021 at 8:34 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

I’m not saying that’s what he WAS, I’m saying that’s what he IS. Regardless of whether we thought it was a good move at the time, it wasn’t and I think every GM over thought the ED and handed Vegas a Stanley Cup caliber team.

NHL handed them an SC caliber team.  It wasn't the overthinking, it was the contracts GMs negotiated prior to knowing the new rules for the ED.

They did not get the chance to make long term plans like they do now.  It still gives Seattle much better players than the old fashioned expansion draft, but GMs at least got to plan a little bit.

Interesting tidbit in this article in The Athletic:

The last time Eichel was healthy, in 2019-20, he finished eighth in Hart Trophy voting with 36 goals and 78 points in 68 games. He stumbled to just two goals and 18 points in 21 games this season but detailed a laundry list of reasons. In addition to the herniated disk [sic], Eichel had a sprained ankle, suffered a broken rib before training camp and played through an abdominal injury that’s lingered since 2019-20 and is “unresolved.”

I really don't like the sound of that bolded part. He had 10 months to "resolve" the abdominal injury during the Covid shut down. Makes me think he isn't really that committed to rehab. And with his herniated disc now being a major issue, I think it's gotta be a hard pass on Eichel's $10M. I wonder how many GMs will think the same. 

The Ducks still need to find another center this offseason though. That same article does mention that Reinhardt wants out too, and I'd definitely be interested in him. He reportedly moved to center when Eichel went down and played pretty well. He's an RFA with one year left until UFA, but I wonder if we could put a package together for him that would include a pre-arranged contract extension? If we could draft Beniers and then also add a Reinhardt-type, I think this team's talent is much improved next season.