The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Well if anyone wants to talk about our Ducks they just signed Drysdale and Perreault to 3 year ELC.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Very generous contract for 18 y/o Drystale, almost $2 mil per season for someone who may not even play in the NHL next season. I cross my fingers and hope that he'll be a good version of Scott Niedermayer and not another Fowler type of player.

Edited by FanSince1993
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Very generous contract for 18 y/o Drystale, almost $2 mil per season for someone who may not even play in the NHL next season. I cross my fingers and hope that he'll be a good version of Scott Niedermayer and not another Fowler type of player.

I am Hoping that too as well Fansince1993.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

seems many are waiting to see if the US falls back into a revolutionary war in the next month or so.  hard (for me, at least) to focus on hockey.  glad you guys have found the focus, though.  :)

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

seems many are waiting to see if the US falls back into a revolutionary war in the next month or so.  hard (for me, at least) to focus on hockey.  glad you guys have found the focus, though.  :)

Hockey would be a welcome distraction IMO.  C’mon, Bob! Sign somebody! I need a break from the chaos and anger of politics.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Fisix said:

that seems unlikely.... *fingers crossed* lol but I get the sense teams are sort of waiting to see what next season will look like before making any sort of *real* move. Like, I think once the NHL says, it's official, Jan 1st (or whatever day) WILL be the first game of the season and we will play this many games and the playoffs will be this format starting BLANK. Then I think we'll see moves start happening. I mean, Hoffman is still a FA...that's a 30-goal scorer...(who doesn't offer much else). I think teams are just waiting to see for some of their moves.

Obviously, long term, big name guys would be signed sooner since it's more than just the immediate.

....side note I really don't know what Buffalo is doing haha it seems like they know they have cap so might as well just get a bunch of 1 year contracts and make a push to make the playoffs? not without a goalie lol

On 11/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, Jasoaks said:

that seems unlikely.... *fingers crossed* lol but I get the sense teams are sort of waiting to see what next season will look like before making any sort of *real* move. Like, I think once the NHL says, it's official, Jan 1st (or whatever day) WILL be the first game of the season and we will play this many games and the playoffs will be this format starting BLANK. Then I think we'll see moves start happening. I mean, Hoffman is still a FA...that's a 30-goal scorer...(who doesn't offer much else). I think teams are just waiting to see for some of their moves.

Obviously, long term, big name guys would be signed sooner since it's more than just the immediate.

....side note I really don't know what Buffalo is doing haha it seems like they know they have cap so might as well just get a bunch of 1 year contracts and make a push to make the playoffs? not without a goalie lol

That explains alot on why our Ducks and other 30 NHL Teams are on holding pattern...Once NHL say it's official then we may see Ducks make some Moves. BTW don't see how Hoffman fit into the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

22 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

That explains alot on why our Ducks and other 30 NHL Teams are on holding pattern...Once NHL say it's official then we may see Ducks make some Moves. BTW don't see how Hoffman fit into the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

He wouldn't really fit. Was more just using him as an example of "how they heck is he still available???" to say he wont be once the NHL confirms the schedule

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

He wouldn't really fit. Was more just using him as an example of "how they heck is he still available???" to say he wont be once the NHL confirms the schedule

Well IF you ask me I think it's off-ice drama that is really keeping him still at FA status.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Well IF you ask me I think it's off-ice drama that is really keeping him still at FA status.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Truuuuuue....I was thinking that, too haha

On 11/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, Jasoaks said:

Truuuuuue....I was thinking that, too haha

Look I don't like the drama....but things like this make teams shy away from it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck