The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

If not, mine are Beniers, McTavish, Hughes, Eklund, Guenther 

the price they're still talking about in the rumors section includes Drysdale... i would prefer that not happen.

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

the price they're still talking about in the rumors section includes Drysdale... i would prefer that not happen.

oh god, that makes me feel sick thinking about it......

4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

how bad was the ED Seattle? without any add. picks or side deals.... can't believe they take all players they really wanted...

I know the teams learned from VGK, but 0 picks or side deals and they pick so horrible?! fireRonFrancis....

it is kinda crazy...and it's not like he couldn't have taken some good players once he saw there were no side deals happening....but it's still young. Tomorrow, the weekend, and the following week when FA opens up will be really really interesting to see where Seattle goes...

Watching these videos the Ducks have been posting on the prospects...no one....really....stands out? Well, except Power. I mean, I'm not gonna say I have the same eyes as the scouts -- I know there are so many other factors to look for -- but to me all these highlights shown seem more often than not just the player taking advantage of a bad mistake or whatever from the other team. Like, seeing them flourish when the D is doing something no NHL caliber D would be doing doesn't "impress" me haha 

I dunno, I'm only looking at it from a guy who watches NHL -- not college or minor league. I know flashy highlights don't tell the whole story. Im just saying I'll probably feel equally excited really from any of the top 7 after Power lol

Entry Draft Day!  The yearly extravaganza where, after each draft pick is selected, we all gather 'round and bemoan our GM because he didn't pick our personal favorite!  Woo-hoo!  Being as we're still FAR away from a deep playoff run I hope we simply select the best available player and go from there.  None of this, "The Ducks trade their number three pick to Nashville in exchange for a third, fourth and fifth round pick in the 2048 draft."

• Like 1

Well Tonite's D-Day(Entry Draft Day). Ducks will Pick three and for the 3rd time have Top 3 Pick...IMHO My Final Draft Predict for our Ducks is they will select...Mason MacTavish...IF  They Draft a Player of their Choosing I along with All of us Ducks Fans should support it no matter what.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'm not well informed regarding all of the 21 draft prospects. But it doesn't matter. Barstool Bob is going to use the 3rd overall selection to pick a stay at home defenseman. He can't help himself it's in his DNA. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Watching these videos the Ducks have been posting on the prospects...no one....really....stands out? Well, except Power. I mean, I'm not gonna say I have the same eyes as the scouts -- I know there are so many other factors to look for -- but to me all these highlights shown seem more often than not just the player taking advantage of a bad mistake or whatever from the other team. Like, seeing them flourish when the D is doing something no NHL caliber D would be doing doesn't "impress" me haha 

I dunno, I'm only looking at it from a guy who watches NHL -- not college or minor league. I know flashy highlights don't tell the whole story. Im just saying I'll probably feel equally excited really from any of the top 7 after Power lol

I just go on you tube and watch videos. Most of the time, nothing but positive things are said about any of these prospects. So from the casual fan standpoint, no one really stands out. Any of these players could really stand out or just be a total bust. Looking at their career stats paints a little picture but not the whole picture. On a side note, I think it would be fantastic if BM drafted Shane Doans son. Imagine Shane Doan wearing his kids Ducks jersey at a Coyotes home game? That would be priceless.

• Thanks 1

I’m staring at GMBM right now. If I was inclined to do so, I could probably check out some laptop screens from here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Wish there was an easy way to post pics here. 

haha does he look busy???

im guessing he doesn't do anything to get Eichel. I bet Buffalo wasn't budging on Z or Dry so Bob wasn't interested. And Rakell and Manson are staying for now....

9 minutes ago, Fisix said:

I’m staring at GMBM right now. If I was inclined to do so, I could probably check out some laptop screens from here. 

I hope he closed all his incognito tabs before opening his laptop in public

Y'know, the several naughty tabs he pulled up on capfriendly showing the stats of players on league minimum salaries :ph34r:

• Haha 1

There’s press here, but the pickers (looks like ~12 people in a conference table setup) aren’t on the phone. They look slightly nervous, but not agitated or working hard. 

5 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I'm not well informed regarding all of the 21 draft prospects. But it doesn't matter. Barstool Bob is going to use the 3rd overall selection to pick a stay at home defenseman. He can't help himself it's in his DNA. 

Edvinsson. Safe and boring pick. Plus he is Swedish.

There’s a podium with lights and a camera and three chairs. There’s another camera that is sweeping across the execs. Brian is here, with a SHORT haircut. Guy is here with a shorter haircut and clean shaven. Kent is here and also has a short do. I haven’t seen Hazy. 

BM is laid back in his chair. I can’t imagine there’s anything spectacular or surprising in the works. 

I would say there’s more than the usual turnover in the expensive seats in the 200 level this year, at the select a seat.

8 minutes ago, Fisix said:

One of the executives is showing others something on this phone.

can only imagine showing him this message board.... :P

• Haha 2

Some updated paperwork making the rounds. BM throwing away trash. The assistant coaches and lower level execs are set up in the opponents bench area. Coffee and press in the Ducks bench area. 

sort of looks like it’d take a magnitude 10 to get them off whatever plan is in place. 

wow he's trying so hard to defend losing Jones lol i mean, i don't blame him....everyone seems to want out of Columbus!

14 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Chicago protecting their 2022 first if it’s a top-2 is brilliant. Keeps their Wright/Lambert lotto ticket lol

Very smart. It’s a good trade for Columbus though.