The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Just now, Fisix said:

I think the video is delayed here. Kings on the clock with 4min left right… now. 

oh geez, is that why Bob is missing out on trades?!?!!

So I have to imagine this means we’re out on Eichel. I think the 3rd overal pick was our most valuable asset that would make sense to move. 

There may be a bit more risk with taking McTavish over Eklund or Beniers, but McTavish has the competitiveness, size, and skill to be a difference maker. The Swiss-born Canadian has been a quick riser in the rankings over the past year. Scouting reports praise his physicality, aggressiveness, and “wicked shot.” He managed to go 5-6-11 in 7 games for Canada in the U18s. Not only that, but he captained the team to their first gold medal since 2013. Watch the highlights and read the scouting reports - I don’t think this kid will be waiting too long for his name to be called. My prediction is this: A few seasons from now, teams are going to hate playing against McTavish.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

oh geez, is that why Bob is missing out on trades?!?!!

Not at first - they paused video while he announced. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

There may be a bit more risk with taking McTavish over Eklund or Beniers, but McTavish has the competitiveness, size, and skill to be a difference maker. The Swiss-born Canadian has been a quick riser in the rankings over the past year. Scouting reports praise his physicality, aggressiveness, and “wicked shot.” He managed to go 5-6-11 in 7 games for Canada in the U18s. Not only that, but he captained the team to their first gold medal since 2013. Watch the highlights and read the scouting reports - I don’t think this kid will be waiting too long for his name to be called. My prediction is this: A few seasons from now, teams are going to hate playing against McTavish.

Future Getz maybe??

1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

So I have to imagine this means we’re out on Eichel. I think the 3rd overal pick was our most valuable asset that would make sense to move. 

thats what im thinking too

4 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

To be clear, he played in the 2nd division of Swiss hockey. He has size and grit, and captained the U18 Canada team. So at least we have character and leadership. On a personal note, his dad played for Rapperswil in the Swiss league, which is my team back home....so that's a cool connection for me.

• Thanks 2

Bob Murray's idea of building a successful team is to out hit everyone and have the most penalty minutes of any team. I think secretly he has been told to run the team into the ground. Maybe the Samueli's want to sell. I thought they said when they bought the team they wanted a winner. Obviously they don't care anymore or Murray would be gone. Even Buffalo had more goals then the Ducks and I only see it getting worse this year. MacTavish may turn into something, but there were better offensive talents available. I didnt like the comparisons to Max Jones.

Guess we'll hope for the Wright and Bedard sweeps. Though if Murray had number 1 those years he would probably draft a 4th line checker.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My concern is that I think the Ducks are beyond needing simply good shots. I think they need guys who can get the puck out of the defensive zone and into the offensive zone. I’m not sure how McTavish does there, but hey, if we can end up with a Matthew Tkachuk behind Zegras. I’ll be happy. 

4 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Thank Goodness!

1 minute ago, gilligoos said:

To be clear, he played in the 2nd division of Swiss hockey. He has size and grit, and captained the U18 Canada team. So at least we have character and leadership. On a personal note, his dad played for Rapperswil in the Swiss league, which is my team back home....so that's a cool connection for me.

That is pretty cool. Those are good characteristics to have but I hope that he ultimately scores more goals than he has grit lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I love McTavish. He’s the next great one. 

Life comes at you fast…

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I love McTavish. He’s the next great one. 

so, he's not gonna shoot at all, huh?

1st off the board pick. McKenzie has Boucher #29. This is where ESPN fails for not having a rankings list always available. 

Probably going to see more of this since outside of the top 9 skaters it was wide open.

Just now, JiggyToTheCup said:

Meds kick in?

I’m joking, but I feel a lot better. I’m still bummed about what we left on the board. And I’m still very hesitant when I hear powerforward when describing a Ducks pick. 

lol i love that highlight of him scoring on the empty net..... "man look at this guy!! he's a sniper!!" *goalie gives up puck to him and he skates to an empty net and scores* lol