The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Honestly, don't know much about that McTavish guy. If he is that good, why he was projected by most NHL mock draft websites to be selected around 9th or 10th overall pick? Well, at least I am happy that we selected some forward; will see in 3-4 years if he'll be a successful player or a bust.

Every prospect is a superstar on a draft day.

10 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

After trading away Garland and OEL, the Ducks have a shot of not actually finishing last in the Pacific next season

ARZ moved to the Central

Edited by tommer-1

14 minutes ago, Jeremoose said:

Just popped in to say that McTavish looks like a good pick for us.  He will slot in nicely as our 2C behind Zegras in the years to come and possibly as the triggerman for Z on the powerplay.

If his ceiling or projection is a 2C, then that's not great for a 3OA. I mean, we need it and hope this guy can pull the trigger and bury more than anything.

Just now, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If his ceiling or projection is a 2C, then that's not great for a 3OA. I mean, we need it and hope this guy can pull the trigger and bury more than anything.

yeah, I feel like we could have moved down to select him....

11 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

yeah, I feel like we could have moved down to select him....

The top 9 skaters all went top 9. There’s no guarantee McTavish would have been there even if they only dropped a few spots. NHL Central Scouting had him #2 ranked NA skater, McKenzie had him #4 (one scout in his rankings had him #2), etc. 

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I visited Ducks Reddit to check their pulse on the pick and the first comment was “Please don’t be Nick Ritchie 2.0, please don’t be Nick Ritchie 2.0” lol 

Not Ritchie 2.0 

His #1 asset is his hockey IQ.   Ritchie didn't even have one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Stromgren, Martino, Zelleweger, Tuomala, Brent Johnson, lots of interesting names 

If Raty continues to fall and the Ducks take him at #34, I’ll do cartwheels 

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I’d Raty falls and the Ducks take him at #34, I’ll do cartwheels 

He’s an interesting player. Lots of skill, but he’s got huge bust potential too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Murray passed on him even if he’s there.

1 minute ago, Spencer_12 said:

He’s an interesting player. Lots of skill, but he’s got huge bust potential too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Murray passed on him even if he’s there.

You’re probably right, but it’s a good spot to take a boom or bust swing on a player like him. I don’t want another Kaliyev-type miss if he’s available.

6 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

I think the issue is mental. All the talent, just seems skiddish. I’d trust you could coach it. 

6 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

You’re probably right, but it’s a good spot to take a boom or bust swing on a player like him. I don’t want another Kaliyev-type miss if he’s available.

At least with Kaliyev the only reason he fell was there was the old-fashioned “character issues.” His shot in particular was highly rated. Raty seems to have question marks over his actual game. 

14 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think the issue is mental. All the talent, just seems skiddish. I’d trust you could coach it. 

Talent is what we need. If only we had a local, all-time Finnish legend to help him here in Anaheim 😏

• Like 1

Just now, Sexlaf15 said:

Stankoven in the second would be sooooooo nice 

Yeah. I’d abide. Raty, Stankoven, Pustajov, Pinelli are still on the board and would be nice pick ups.

• Like 2

Whoa. Montreal taking Mailloux who asked not to be picked after he took unsolicited explicit pictures of a woman in Sweden. Plot Twist!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Whoa. Montreal taking a guy that asked not to be picked after he took unsolicited pictures of a woman in Sweden. Plot Twist!

yeeeeah.....oh wow........that....wow.....i can't believe he picked him....

Woooooooow Habs took Mailloux #31. Some teams weren’t going to draft him at all, and even many rankings list didn’t give him a 1st round grade to begin with. This is shocking.

2 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Woooooooow Habs took Mailloux #31. Some teams weren’t going to draft him at all, and even many rankings list didn’t give him a 1st round grade to begin with. This is shocking.

Even wilder is the Blackhawks having the next pick while they are embroiled in an awful scandal of their own

• Like 1