Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhh ouch now Chicago is making their pick..... awwkward....

Ya and they had the women there for their women development program of some sort; didn’t catch all of that. LoL ironic. What if that lady that made the announcement said something about it….

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a number of guys with 1st round grades left, even mid-round grades. Ducks should get an interesting prospect at #34 if they keep it. 

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

SO who are your top two picks for Saturday?

Raty, Stankoven or Toumala. I know that's three but the Ducks could have a very good player fall to them and have another above average draft

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Ducks take Francesco Pinelli if Buffalo doesn’t take him at #33. He had 11 points in 7 games in the U18 WJC for Canada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

I hope Ducks take Francesco Pinelli if Buffalo doesn’t take him at #33. He had 11 points in 7 games in the U18 WJC for Canada. 

I'd drink to that also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Raty, Stankoven or Toumala. I know that's three but the Ducks could have a very good player fall to them and have another above average draft

Stankoven is probably under Bob's minimum height to get on the ride. Tuomaala I would like. I'll just prepare to be underwhelmed by the next rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Stankoven is probably under Bob's minimum height to get on the ride. Tuomaala I would like. I'll just prepare to be underwhelmed by the next rounds. 

He’ll probably select Scott Morrow if he’s there. Wouldn’t be the worst thing, but a total Murray pick. Prep school RHD, similar to Moore he took last year. Stankoven is so damn good though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Even wilder is the Blackhawks having the next pick while they are embroiled in an awful scandal of their own

that the current GM of the Habs was allegedly involved in!

i feel like i'm having a stroke!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Murray is going to pass on all the talent left and pick some boring college kid we’ll never hear about again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Official Our Ducks made their Selection Last Night...WELCOME to  The ANAHEIM DUCKS Mason McTavish. I will not lie and be honest to you all..This was a Pick I called early yesterday. It sends chills down my spine right now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

It's Official Our Ducks made their Selection Last Night...WELCOME to  The ANAHEIM DUCKS Mason McTavish. I will not lie and be honest to you all..This was a Pick I called early yesterday. It sends chills down my spine right now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

You got your man Moose! Excellent prediction. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s pretty discouraging as a Ducks fan to see the work that Columbus did yesterday or the Kings have done the last few years and see where the Ducks are.

Columbus added

JAke Bean

Kent Johnson

Adam Boqvist 

Corson Ceulemans 

Cole Sillinger 

all in one day. 
LA added Clarke to a ridiculously stacked tospect pool, they alway take the best guy available and it’s paying off. 

It feels like Murray has taken 1 true star level talent in forever. His draft style hasn’t really worked at putting this team over the top. He’s gotten nhl games out of guys, but they’re never game breakers. 

Edited by Sexlaf15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still view it as a total failure that Manson, Rakell, Henrique  are still on this team and we only picked once in the first round. With what the market was yesterday? That’s insane. I feel like the only way this team has out from Murray is when he inevitably gets promoted out of the GM position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

He’ll probably select Scott Morrow if he’s there. Wouldn’t be the worst thing, but a total Murray pick. Prep school RHD, similar to Moore he took last year. Stankoven is so damn good though 

It just feels like the #1 quality BM looks for is leadership. He likes getting former team captains. Then the next quality seems to be if the player was a "player of the year" or some similar accolade. I guess that's how he judges talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

It just feels like the #1 quality BM looks for is leadership. He likes getting former team captains. Then the next quality seems to be if the player was a "player of the year" or some similar accolade. I guess that's how he judges talent.

I’m coming around on McTavish. I still feel like there was tons of talent that probably should’ve been drafted at 3 over him, and that’s tough pill to swallow, but in a perfect world having 

Zegras

McTavish 

Lundestrom 

as your center depth, probably feels pretty good. I would really like Murray to add someone on high octane offensive talent like Raty or Stankoven. You got your physical, leader in McT, now get some guys who can score and facilitate offense on the wings for him and Z.

Edited by Sexlaf15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

It's Official Our Ducks made their Selection Last Night...WELCOME to  The ANAHEIM DUCKS Mason McTavish. I will not lie and be honest to you all..This was a Pick I called early yesterday. It sends chills down my spine right now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Take a victory lap, Moose!

21 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

It’s pretty discouraging as a Ducks fan to see the work that Columbus did yesterday or the Kings have done the last few years and see where the Ducks are.

Columbus added

JAke Bean

Kent Johnson

Adam Boqvist 

Corson Ceulemans 

Cole Sillinger 

all in one day. 
LA added Clarke to a ridiculously stacked tospect pool, they alway take the best guy available and it’s paying off. 

It feels like Murray has taken 1 true star level talent in forever. His draft style hasn’t really worked at putting this team over the top. He’s gotten nhl games out of guys, but they’re never game breakers. 

LA getting Clarke was what I did not want to have happen. I liked him enough that taking him at 3OA would have been good despite the fact that we can't score on local beer league teams. Eklund going to the Sharks hopefully doesn't bite us either. 

16 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I still view it as a total failure that Manson, Rakell, Henrique  are still on this team and we only picked once in the first round. With what the market was yesterday? That’s insane. I feel like the only way this team has out from Murray is when he inevitably gets promoted out of the GM position. 

It is depressing but failure starts at the top with the Ducks, so it's not surprising and we aren't going to be fun again until he's gone. My take has been that he's also not the type who wants to do rebuilds because it's amazing how attached Murray is to his guys (Silf, Manson, Lindholm, Rakell) when the Ducks are so bad. I usually view his moves in terms of damage mitigation now rather than in terms of what a good GM should do. Since he didn't trade for Eichel or something then I considered it a good first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

 

Take a victory lap, Moose!

LA getting Clarke was what I did not want to have happen. I liked him enough that taking him at 3OA would have been good despite the fact that we can't score on local beer league teams. Eklund going to the Sharks hopefully doesn't bite us either. 

It is depressing but failure starts at the top with the Ducks, so it's not surprising and we aren't going to be fun again until he's gone. My take has been that he's also not the type who wants to do rebuilds because it's amazing how attached Murray is to his guys (Silf, Manson, Lindholm, Rakell) when the Ducks are so bad. I usually view his moves in terms of damage mitigation now rather than in terms of what a good GM should do. Since he didn't trade for Eichel or something then I considered it a good first round.

He’s still attached to these guys. They’re all still on this team. I don’t feel that Murray understands the project.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

He’s still attached to these guys. They’re all still on this team. I don’t feel that Murray understands the project.

If you love something let it go. Let them go, Bob!

I agree, too. Murray doesn't understand, but more importantly want to do the project because he can't do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I don’t know how you can watch Debrincat and just watched what Caufield did and pass on Stankoven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zelleweger is a pretty good pick 

please trade up and take Raty, love that kid 

Edited by Sexlaf15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised we went D with our 2nd. Zellweger had 1st round grades from a few rankings. He had 8 points in 7 games for Canada in the U18 WJC. He’s  an undersized defenseman so that kind of surprises me that Murray took him, but it looks like they like his skill. 

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very young, couple days away from being a 2022 Eligible. Comparison is Samuel Girard. Can’t hate on this pick 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...