The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

51 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

ahhhhh Doan went to Arizona! nice haha

There goes my dream of Shane Doan wearing a Ducks jersey in Arizona.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Most of the move up trades are like 50 for 55 and 126.

I think next pick is for ANA is 66.

Yes, it is. 

LA moves up again. If they take Pustajov, I might switch allegiances.

Edit: They took a monster 6'6 Finnish center. The Kings draft Finns, the Ducks don't. Therefore, no wonder they will be significantly better than us in the future lol.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

LA moves up again. If they take Pustajov, I might switch allegiances.

Edit: They took a monster 6'6 Finnish center. The Kings draft Finns, the Ducks don't. Therefore, no wonder they will be significantly better than us in the future lol.

Strengths

• Skating
  • Defensive play
  • Ability to find open space in offensive zone

Under Construction – Improvements to Make

• Ability to receive passes
  • Adding more weight (would make him even more impactful when he is being physical)

NHL Potential

Helenius does not have the makings of a high-end offensive contributor at the NHL level. When he rounds out his game, I could see him being a solid bottom-six player who is relied upon defensively and can contribute at the offensive end every so often.

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Also, I don’t know how you can watch Debrincat and just watched what Caufield did and pass on Stankoven. 

Because math.  2 out of hundreds of other examples isn't great.  Maybe later on.

• Like 1

https://thehockeywriters.com/sasha-pastujov-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Pastujov is an exceptionally talented dual-threat winger who can beat opposition defenders in a variety of ways. He’s one of the best puck handlers in the draft class and produced several highlight-reel plays throughout the season. He’s got soft hands and can handle the puck close to his body and use a quick burst of speed to embarrass a defender. When he gets up to full speed, he’s incredibly hard to stop and can weave in-and-out of the opposing steam with ease.

11 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Strengths

• Skating
  • Defensive play
  • Ability to find open space in offensive zone

Under Construction – Improvements to Make

• Ability to receive passes
  • Adding more weight (would make him even more impactful when he is being physical)

NHL Potential

Helenius does not have the makings of a high-end offensive contributor at the NHL level. When he rounds out his game, I could see him being a solid bottom-six player who is relied upon defensively and can contribute at the offensive end every so often.

But he's a Finn and the Ducks aren't good without a Finn on the team. Science!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

seems like we've been doing pretty well so far!!

Pastujov might be one of the best value picks of the draft. Loved the selection and the kid has very good offensive upside. I really liked the Thrun pick in 2019 and I like this pick even more. 

So far, I think this is the third draft in a row where the Ducks will do better than most (unfortunately, so did LA). Waiting to see how they follow up with trades now.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Drysdale and Zellweger should be split up, I would say. With confidence...at this stage without even knowing who Zellweger is till just now .... :P :P 

Seems like a good pick though! Shocked at his size...especially for Bob to take him. Feels like this is the opposite of being a heavy team lol but taking a skilled player like Olen sounds great!

Vatanen was listed at 5’9” 164lbs when Bob drafted him, so not totally without precedent. Zellweger is basically the same size as Quinn Hughes and as under-age prospect, there’s still time to grow too. I think he sounds like a solid long term project. When Zellweger is 22, Fowler will be 34 and in the final year of his contract.

Gotta say I’m a lot higher on this draft from Murray than j was.

Zellweger and Pastujov is lights out. 

7 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

in concept, id rather be keeping the 2022 picks....but...Hinds looks good!

I don't mind this since they obviously wanted Hinds and moved up to get their guy. Plus, I think the Ducks are going to be getting additional 2022 picks via trades to more than recoup the 3rd

8 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Gotta say I’m a lot higher on this draft from Murray than j was.

Zellweger and Pastujov is lights out. 

If one of those kids turns into a gem, that would be awesome.  Long odds, though.

I like Zellweger.

39 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Vatanen was listed at 5’9” 164lbs when Bob drafted him, so not totally without precedent. Zellweger is basically the same size as Quinn Hughes and as under-age prospect, there’s still time to grow too. I think he sounds like a solid long term project. When Zellweger is 22, Fowler will be 34 and in the final year of his contract.

yeah watching some of his highlights im getting this Vats vibe from him