The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

9 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I didn’t mean to sound combative, just discussing. 
Holtz is a nightmare in the D zone, doesn’t do a good job of making his own dangerous opportunities and doesn’t go to dangerous areas. That’s what makes me nervous. He’s got an insane shot, but what good is it going to do if you’re going to shoot it from the blue line every time? Can that be coached? Of course. 
ive also never heard the “Perfetti has effort problems” criticism.
He’s not the greatest defender, but he’s good at making plays, whether that be with his pass or shot, he’s also great at facilitating entries which I value a lot. He has tons of hockey sense, I just value the skills and the smarts. 

Here’s one video review where I heard it (starting at around 5:00):

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Here’s one video review where I heard it (starting at around 5:00):

Hm, I’ve watched a few reports and this is the first one I’ve heard his effort called into question. 

I still really like the player he is. I really worry about Holtz. I know he played against men, so I’d like to think as he develops he’ll start getting himself into dangerous areas, 

I think the Ducks really sucks at putting themselves into scoring areas. I’ll still be happy with Holtz or Drysdale. I still want Rossi over them all. 

35 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

All of the Ducks' issues are put into stark relief when I watch the postseason.  While the Ducks all do skate-bys on the crease, these guys stop in dangerous scoring areas and create a scoring chance just by their presence.  It's something I haven't seen the Ducks do in years, since the heyday of Perry and Kesler.

Holtz has a nasty shot so it’s that much more disconcerting watching him shoot from the half boards or blue line on a rush. Hes a huge boom or bust type guy, he’s either going to be a 30-40 goal guy or a depth AHLer. With his effort I think he can definitely make improvements and I won’t scoff at adding him. I just think with Rossi, you’re getting a guy who makes a difference potentially this year and has an insanely good all around game. He also drives to the net despite his size. He’s aggressive and physical and I love that.
Perfetti is much more rounded offensively. So, you’ll work on his stride and his smarts will translate most likely. 

Edited by Sexlaf15

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

All of the Ducks' issues are put into stark relief when I watch the postseason.  While the Ducks all do skate-bys on the crease, these guys stop in dangerous scoring areas and create a scoring chance just by their presence.  It's something I haven't seen the Ducks do in years, since the heyday of Perry and Kesler.

It's something I want the Ducks to get a Player like Rossi...He can imho give our team's offense that MAJOR BITE.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Agree 100%. Though I do think that is part of Comtois’ game from what I’ve seen so far. But the rest of the kids play too much fly-by hockey. It’s frustrating to watch for sure.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Has it ever. The skill, structure and overall excitement watching these playoffs just highlights how far the Ducks have to go.

I think that Comtois, Jones and Tracey could fit those roles, though not to same effect, going forward. I'd at least like to see Jones get some more top-6 minutes and not be relegated to a checking, PK role. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Has it ever. The skill, structure and overall excitement watching these playoffs just highlights how far the Ducks have to go.

I think that Comtois, Jones and Tracey could fit those roles, though not to same effect, going forward. I'd at least like to see Jones get some more top-6 minutes and not be relegated to a checking, PK role. 

I think allowing Jones to earn those top 6 Mins can help him develop his offensive game in Longterm for our team. He comes off to be as someone who care score around20 to 25 goals a season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

Pronman’s ranking are very interesting. 

4. Raymond 

5. Perfetti 

6. Holtz

7. Drysdale 

8. Askarov 

9. Rossi 

10. Sanderson 

What's interesting is that us on these boards are far more bullish on the Ducks taking Holtz compared to most mock drafts. Most mock drafts have us taking Drysdale if he falls, which I think is as sure as you can get. I've seen more mock drafts having us take Raymond or Rossi. I've seen only one mock draft that has us taking Holtz (The Hockey Writers) and two that have us taking Sanderson lol

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

What's interesting is that us on these boards are far more bullish on the Ducks taking Holtz compared to most mock drafts. Most mock drafts have us taking Drysdale if he falls, which I think is as sure as you can get. I've seen more mock drafts having us take Raymond or Rossi. I've seen only one mock draft that has us taking Holtz (The Hockey Writers) and two that have us taking Sanderson lol

FWIW, when it comes to all things Ducks, I trust the opinions of the regular posters on this board more than the national media who don’t give two rips about this team and don’t know anything about its players.

They don’t like us, and we don’t care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Most mock drafts have us taking 3 defensemen. Which I would scream. I don’t mind taking Drysdale, but if we take Wallinder when Perrault or Wiesblatt are available I’ll be upset. 

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Most mock drafts have us taking 3 defensemen. Which I would scream. I don’t mind taking Drysdale, but if we take Wallinder when Perrault or Wiesblatt are available I’ll be upset. 

I’d be screaming right along with you because it makes absolutely no sense lol. Murray loves defensemen as much as any GM and there’s no way he’d do that. The Ducks taking 3 forwards makes much more sense and even that won’t happen.

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

FWIW, when it comes to all things Ducks, I trust the opinions of the regular posters on this board more than the national media who don’t give two rips about this team and don’t know anything about its players.

They don’t like us, and we don’t care.

Agreed. I don’t expect the national media to do deep dives or pay attention to the Ducks but if you are getting paid then I expect a basic baseline understanding of the team lol. It takes less than 10 minutes to google Bob Murray’s comments about what he’s looking for, the current depth chart and what the team needs. I will laugh if Murray takes Holtz and the majority of pundits are surprised and say the that the Ducks reached.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I’d be screaming right along with you because it makes absolutely no sense lol. Murray loves defensemen as much as any GM and there’s no way he’d do that. The Ducks taking 3 forwards makes much more sense and even that won’t happen.

Agreed. I don’t expect the national media to do deep dives or pay attention to the Ducks but if you are getting paid then I expect a basic baseline understanding of the team lol. It takes less than 10 minutes to google Bob Murray’s comments about what he’s looking for, the current depth chart and what the team needs. I will laugh if Murray takes Holtz and the majority of pundits are surprised and say the that the Ducks reached.

Like if you want to take Wallinder after you take one of the forwards, I guess that’s okay. I’ve been digging and I really like Ozzy Wiesblatt with our 27th overall. C/RW with solid offensive talent. I think taking a D makes sense in 3rd-4th round considering Murray’s ability to get NHL D man in the later rounds. 

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Like if you want to take Wallinder after you take one of the forwards, I guess that’s okay. I’ve been digging and I really like Ozzy Wiesblatt with our 27th overall. C/RW with solid offensive talent. I think taking a D makes sense in 3rd-4th round considering Murray’s ability to get NHL D man in the later rounds. 

Yeah, whoever we take at #6 I think impacts the 27th and 36th picks. If we get Drysdale, then you can take a more shooting type player Peterka or Perreault with #27. I have not followed Wiesblatt, but I think the same kind of mindset applies to where you want to add the best offensive threat if you aren't getting it at #6. If that is Wiesblatt, then by all means. Conversely, if we get Holtz, Raymond or Rossi then I think Murray is definitely looking to get a defenseman at #27 or #36. I'm betting on a 2 F and 1D with our first three picks and Murray then trying to find some defensive value in the later rounds, like you said. Last year, my favorite pick after Zegras was Thrun.

I actually won't mind if Murray uses the first three picks on forwards though. Mainly because the Ducks will likely have their options at drafting a very good defensemen in 2021. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

His skating stands out and he has got some hands. Somewhat reminds me of Terry with how he can carry the puck through the neutral zone. Love the physical element to his game. 

Love his grit, the puck handling skills, and explosiveness. The comparison to Konecny gets me really excited. 

33 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Love his grit, the puck handling skills, and explosiveness. The comparison to Konecny gets me really excited. 

Like Terry , they’ll place him off of his strongest position and try and convert him to something that he’s not accustomed to. Rossi all the way boys. I’ll eat the crow if I’m wrong but Rossi is the guy we need.

31 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

Like Terry , they’ll place him off of his strongest position and try and convert him to something that he’s not accustomed to. Rossi all the way boys. I’ll eat the crow if I’m wrong but Rossi is the guy we need.

Weisblatt could be available at 27. I am also in on Rossi. 

38 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

I agree and think that is the consensus on the boards. The problems are a) is Rossi available at #6 and b) would Murray take him even if he was. I don’t think Murray takes him if he’s available. Plus, I think Wiesblatt is a discussion about the #27 or even #36 pick, which is certainly one worth having since that’s at the point where draft boards really start to differ and it becomes more of a crap shoot

Mock drafts are relatively meaningless, but Pronman doesn’t have Wiesblatt going until 34th overall, which is 2 picks before our second rounder. I wouldn’t mind taking him 27th, especially considering we have 36. 
Marco Rossi

Ozzy Wiesblatt

Topi Niemela 

Jean-Luc Foudy 

I would feel so good coming from this draft with these four. 
Rossi - All around dynamo

Wiesblatt - offensive, explosive, physical Center/RW with some hands 

Niemela - Fowler-like defensemen playing against men, he’s RH, can skate and smart. 

Foudy - fast skating, undersized forward with some flash. 

Edited by Sexlaf15
  • Like 1

If you're the Rangers/Sabres...do you make this trade?

Eichel + 8th for Rangers #1 pick??

Is Eichel by himself equal for that #1? Ragners still have a pick at 22 so they would still have a first rounder.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

If you're the Rangers/Sabres...do you make this trade?

Eichel + 8th for Rangers #1 pick??

Is Eichel by himself equal for that #1? Ragners still have a pick at 22 so they would still have a first rounder.

I don’t know why’d you’d trade Eichel, I can’t imagine Lafreniere gets better than Eichel.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I don’t know why’d you’d trade Eichel, I can’t imagine Lafreniere gets better than Eichel.

I dunno, just thinking of bombshell trades for the #1 lol

How would y’all feel about trading Rakell or Silfverberg to Montreal for 16th Overal + prospect 

With that, we could potentially walk away from this draft with 

Rossi 

Amirov 

Wiesblatt/Wallinder 

Niemela 

just from the first two rounds. 

Edited by Sexlaf15

I will say it again and say it now...Anaheim Ducks with 6th Pick will select Marco Rossi.....If they choose someone they I will build Tie Fighter SF.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 10/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

his skating reminds me of a really slow Kase.  he's basically the quickest syrup in a bowl of molasses.  plus, for whatever reason, if you look at the screen shot from youtube (before the video plays), it looks like his eyes aren't tracking with each other.  that could easily be a video encoding/frame issue, but if not?...

he's not fast enough.  if he gets out of the AHL ever, i'll be surprised.  and, if whatever he's doing skating-wise that reminds me of Kase ends up with him getting head-shots as much as Kase, he won't last long if he does make it to the show.