The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

i could squash that dude with my thumb.

not a fan of this pick.  please, please, let me be wrong.  i guess we'll keep an eye on Holtz and Rossi as the years pass.

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

ugggh.... not who I would have picked...... why?? we need scorers!! sorry...we need ONE scorer...just one...

We need someone to pass it out of our zone and get it to them first...

3 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Man, other teams have a nice conference table.  The Ducks have terrible cubicles.

haha I was noticing the exact same thing

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It’s a fine and defensible pick. Murray Just continues to be insanely predictable 

Well continue to not score goals as long as he’s a GM

• Like 1

I don’t hate the pick at all, just wondering who will be on the other end of the stick for the breakout game he excels at.. We need a finisher and that should be HCGMBM’s main focus. Make a trade and move us up from 27th pick. Don’t see how that can’t make sense .

on the lag - it looks like the teams submit the picks to the NHL within the time allotment, and then they have as much time as they want to set up the announcement presentation.  probably a good idea, given that everyone is subject to their own IT department's ability to zoom properly, BUT, it leaves some room for people to know a pick before it's announced.

and, it looks like they're enforcing the full 5min between picks, probably for the same IT-based reasons.  sigh, whatevs.  

Just now, gorbachav5 said:

That might be true, but it's not because of this pick.  Drysdale is an offensive defenseman and it just as important to puck possession and creating offense as the forwards available.  

I can't tell you he'll be a better player than Holtz or Perfetti or Rossi, but he's highly ranked and expected to contribute to offense at the NHL level.

Just the lack of risk taking year in and year out 

Yeah, this is clearly what they had planned.  "No one cares about the Ducks pick, so we'll cut to commercial and then interview a previous pick right after their selection."  Such a slap in the face.

sportsnet didn't drop to commercial.  they talked up Drysdale quite a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

sportsnet didn't drop to commercial.  they talked up Drysdale quite a bit.

I should have guessed. NBC is the type to interrupt overtime in game 7 of the SCF to show a NASCAR commercial .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

I hear you, but don't take risk just to take it.  I will join you in your lamentations and teeth-gnashing if he takes another safe, conservative pick at 27.  

Tahe the shot at #27, not #6.   Drysdale fills a huge need.

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

Wow, Perfetti and Rossi still dropping.  And you wonder if Minnesota might go with Askarov.

MOVE UP AND GRAB ONE OF THEM, BOB!

(Not going to happen, I know.)

exactly what I was thinking!! They keep falling....trade up and grab them! 

Wow, Perfetti and Rossi still dropping.  And you wonder if Minnesota might go with Askarov.

MOVE UP AND GRAB ONE OF THEM, BOB!

(Not going to happen, I know.)

Won’t happen, agreed. We should go for it. We could all agree that this draft would be considered Legendary for us. 
Murray is sleeping under the cubicle right now 

Edited by yeaitsme
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

We need someone to pass it out of our zone and get it to them first...

13 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Then you'll be happy with Drysdale, who is a prototypical scoring d-man in today's NHL.  He's the right-handed version of the Shea Theodore that we gave away so that we could also give away Clayton Stoner and Sami Vatanen.

The GO's teaming up against me haha :P yeah, I'm feeling a little better about it... and you guys are right. He can push the offense...

As long as we take a forward next.....I just want a good goal scorer to support Zegras

Minnesota dumpster fire. Start with a good goalie when building.

Guerin looks like he needs to lay off the hotdogs 

Edited by yeaitsme
  • Haha 1