The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dtsdlaw

2020 TDL - Who stays? Who goes?

14 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Kapanen 

Ceci 

Prospect

2nd-3rd 

for

Manson 

who says no?

i know Ceci is totally awful, but you give Toronto some cap relief for a pick/prospect?

I think that may be a little wishful thinking. Ceci is not the answer to the defensive woes unless a change of scenery works. Getting the 2nd-3rd for taking Ceci is a trade in itself. We take cap space and they give us a good pick for doing so. I’d be bold enough to say Kapanen for Manson straight up, if we get a prospect in the return also I think we win. Especially considering how Manson has been up and down in play.

We need younger good players and picks. Keeping guys in their late 20s early 30s who will be on the decline (potentially) in another 3-4 years once the prospects and picks start to pan out doesn’t make since. This is the number one reason I hope we trade Gibson for a kings Ransom. Are we rebuilding or not!? If we are, why keep a goalie in his prime that steals games for us, just getting enough points to finish in the middle of the pack and thus getting mediocre draft picks. Keeping him waters down the rebuild with sub par picks, trading him could drastically shorten the rebuild time frame. A couple top end draft picks from our placement in the standing plus the return in picks and prospects could be the result. 2-3 decent picks by keeping him or potentially 2 top picks (2-3 bad standings years) and the return of 2-3 (potential multi year 1sts)  mid picks plus prospects by moving him. Even if we keep him, how well will he still be playing or avoiding injuries or other set backs over he next 3-4 years. Once we build a team, Gibson himself may be an issue. I love Gibson, but he is the biggest key to a quicker higher quality rebuild in my opinion.

2 hours ago, ike-1 said:

I think that may be a little wishful thinking. Ceci is not the answer to the defensive woes unless a change of scenery works. Getting the 2nd-3rd for taking Ceci is a trade in itself. We take cap space and they give us a good pick for doing so. I’d be bold enough to say Kapanen for Manson straight up, if we get a prospect in the return also I think we win. Especially considering how Manson has been up and down in play.

We need younger good players and picks. Keeping guys in their late 20s early 30s who will be on the decline (potentially) in another 3-4 years once the prospects and picks start to pan out doesn’t make since. This is the number one reason I hope we trade Gibson for a kings Ransom. Are we rebuilding or not!? If we are, why keep a goalie in his prime that steals games for us, just getting enough points to finish in the middle of the pack and thus getting mediocre draft picks. Keeping him waters down the rebuild with sub par picks, trading him could drastically shorten the rebuild time frame. A couple top end draft picks from our placement in the standing plus the return in picks and prospects could be the result. 2-3 decent picks by keeping him or potentially 2 top picks (2-3 bad standings years) and the return of 2-3 (potential multi year 1sts)  mid picks plus prospects by moving him. Even if we keep him, how well will he still be playing or avoiding injuries or other set backs over he next 3-4 years. Once we build a team, Gibson himself may be an issue. I love Gibson, but he is the biggest key to a quicker higher quality rebuild in my opinion.

I agree we need to acquire younger players who are hitting their prime 3 years down the road when we can actually contend again. But at the expense of Gibson? We could end up like the Sharks, great all around roster, but horrible goaltending that gets us nowhere in the playoffs . It’s a big risk if you ask me. I get what you’re saying and to an extent it makes sense, just a double sided sword waiting to be fallen on. 

Kapanen has a lot of potential and is exactly that young 23 year old forward that would be in his prime in 3 years.  

Gibson trade if the offer is good. 

We have some goaltender in the pipeline, who doesnt look bad. We had always good goaltender. 

Gibson steals us points, what ike said. We are almost the only weak team with a top goalie.

11 hours ago, ike-1 said:

You’re not getting Ceci to relieve the defensive woes. Although I think Ceci could work on the third pairing and he’s right handed. Leafs cannot take on money without sending money back. The price for a top line RHD is not cheap right now. Looks at what Andy Greene got. The conversation starts with 

Kapanen + imo. You take on Ceci to get more back and relieve Toronto of the cap. Maybe wishful thinking, just a thought. 

4 hours ago, nieder said:

No.

LOL.

Do you think there are any fans over on the Sabres discussion boards saying, "Eichel trade if the offer is good"? Cuz this is :blink:

4 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If the Ducks are getting two first round picks as well., then sure. Why not?

I’d rather not get Bracco. Just seems meh. Rather Stetcher-Kapanen. 

8 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’d rather not get Bracco. Just seems meh. Rather Stetcher-Kapanen. 

The problem is also that Vancouver and Toronto don't have their first round picks this year. With that in mind this trade would be categorically stupid from the Ducks perspective to make. Probably more daydreaming from Canadian hockey fans.

23 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The problem is also that Vancouver and Toronto don't have their first round picks this year. With that in mind this trade would be categorically stupid from the Ducks perspective to make. Probably more daydreaming from Canadian hockey fans.

Personally, adding Stetcher and Kapanen and a second would have my satisfied. Stretcher and Kapanen make immediate impact and are still young. 

10 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Personally, adding Stetcher and Kapanen and a second would have my satisfied. Stretcher and Kapanen make immediate impact and are still young. 

Stetcher, Kapanen and 1st would be good. Giving up Manson at this point with his contract should net you two first round picks or a very good young player (I think Kapanen fits) and a first as the key pieces. It would improve the team now and with the rebuild.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:37 AM, Sexlaf15 said:

Kapanen 

Ceci 

Prospect

2nd-3rd 

for

Manson 

who says no?

i know Ceci is totally awful, but you give Toronto some cap relief for a pick/prospect?

Getting Kapanen would be Huge for the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

After watching tonight's Toronto game was wondering if Miller might be interested in going to Carolina. Could be interesting with both their goalies injured tonight.

Would really enjoy Miller playing in the playoffs.

Josh Manson has to get either two 1st picks back (2021 1st is fine), or the best prospect from both the Leafs and the Canucks.  

Otherwise, please don't make that trade.

2 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Josh Manson has to get either two 1st picks back (2021 1st is fine), or the best prospect from both the Leafs and the Canucks.  

I don’t like getting Kerfoot/Bracco, but I’d be happy with Stetcher/Kapanen/pick or prospect 

I understand why the Leafs would want Manson but I have no idea why Vancouver would make a move for Barrie. They have a much better powerplay QB in Hughes and players who can actually defend on the right side. Barrie could use a change of scenery but Vancouver is basically Toronto west. I doubt this happens. I'm okay with any scenario where there's a overpayment for Manson though. He's looked bad since Yawney left honestly. 

5 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Yep, I agree and neither of those teams have their first round picks this season which is why I think this trade is isn't legit or one that the Ducks should make.

I think that the player the Ducks should move on from sooner than later is Henrique. Sell high(ish) on him after a 20-goal season and get out from under his contract if they can.

46 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

think that the player the Ducks should move on from sooner than later is Henrique. Sell high(ish) on him after a 20-goal season

Sign