The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Fisix

Season Ticket timing

So... am I on drugs, or is this year's opt-in/out timing for next season a bit early?  apparently, i have until March 14 to decide to opt-out.

Just curious if you remember it being later.  I haven't even seen an advertisement for seat selection... which is typically held before you opt in for the next season. 

No, it's usually about a month before the season ends.

We're strongly considering dropping our seats.  We've been season seat holders since before the 1st preseason game of the inaugural season.  I imagine we're not alone.  It's getting difficult to give away our tickets to clients, and can't even sell them on Stub Hub for more than half the face value.

Yeah, I entered the season ticket ranks knowing it wouldn't be fun to even attempt to sell tickets.  I've just cultivated a group of friends I share with, and we eventually got around to purchasing seats I really like - they're in one of those blocks of 6 seats below the 400 level tunnel entrance - it's basically like owning your own box - don't have to get up all the time when people slide into interior seats - but with a slightly higher view.

Even in other cities, hockey tickets don't sell well.  I've regularly found Stars tickets for cheap on game day.  A few teams here and there draw in enough people to get good pricing, but even the Knights regular season lower elevel center ice can be had for cheap (in their inaugural year even!).

What really sucks, for me, is that they keep changing our season ticket holder contact, and it's been a steady slide downwards.  The first was fun, we knew each other by name, she loved to chat about everything, and had energy/was a distinctive personality.  She was replaced with a guy who... was helpful and respectful, but relatively bland.  He's been replaced with someone who has called too many times, unsolicited, and asked me how long I'd been a season ticket holder... one, she should know that going in (and a lot more, frankly), and two... it was the way it was asked - i was already sort of hinting i wasn't interested in a long conversation, so it was an unwelcome extension of the conversation, she didn't have any new info on anything that i could tell, so it seemed like some kind of marketing thing that she was being coy about, and on top of all that, it felt... oblivious and not respectful of my time and standing as a season ticket holder. 

The first two contacts were always organized and concise, knew things about the team they'd share, knew how to talk to a hockey fan and someone already spending $thousands on tickets, and were always willing to drop off if I didn't have time to do x (and they follow up with an email to do x on my own time).  That was not my most recent experience.  It feels like that group of folks is floundering.

In any event, I like watching the team develop (though I'd like to see them playoff soon), I still like the people I go to the games with, and it's super convenient for me, so I'm still in until they jack the prices so much, and my TV gets so big, that it just doesn't make sense to go regularly anymore.  

I should mention - a big part of the reason why I became a season ticket holder is because I wanted to lock in seats for post season play.  That actually worked pretty well before, and a few seasons past, the cup run.  But, that was probably not a smart rationale overall.  It certainly doesn't support owning them now, and if I saved all that money, I could probably get glass through all the future playoff games I'll live to see.

Looking back, I'm not sure it made sense, playoff wise, to own season tickets since BB was hired.

But, my usher is great, the ushers in the elevator are great, and most of the vendor personnel are great.  They haven’t forgotten. 

7 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

We're strongly considering dropping our seats.  We've been season seat holders since before the 1st preseason game of the inaugural season.  I imagine we're not alone.  It's getting difficult to give away our tickets to clients, and can't even sell them on Stub Hub for more than half the face value.

I haven’t had a problem selling my Section 433 tickets this season.  Last year I also had a pair of tickets in 432 Row A.  I couldn’t sell those after the team hit the skids and fell out of playoff contention, so I didn’t keep them.

I will hold onto my 433 seats.  I’ve been a STH for 4 years and I want to build seniority so I can eventually get even better seats at Select a Seat.  Next year the Ducks aren’t raising ticket prices and are giving a needed 10% discount on food.  It also doesn’t hurt that my new rep is cute.

Edited by CAsFirstCup

19 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I save all my renewal paperwork. Last year, and the year before that, the postmark date on the renewal paperwork was February 7. You're wrong.

19 hours ago, Fisix said:

So... am I on drugs, or is this year's opt-in/out timing for next season a bit early?  apparently, i have until March 14 to decide to opt-out.

Just curious if you remember it being later.  I haven't even seen an advertisement for seat selection... which is typically held before you opt in for the next season. 

No, this renewal date is similar to the last couple of seasons. Also, select-a-seat won't occur until after the renewal deadline. Then the club will know what seats are available.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I save all my renewal paperwork. Last year, and the year before that, the postmark date on the renewal paperwork was February 7. You're wrong.

I'm talking about the deadline to decide.  It is usually in early March, a month before the season ends.  If that's March 14 this year, how is that different than usual?

3 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I'm talking about the deadline to decide.  It is usually in early March, a month before the season ends.  If that's March 14 this year, how is that different than usual?

You're right. I apologize. I read it as when we receive the renewal paperwork (in March), not when we have to decide. I was wrong. And I've had 3 cups of coffee so no excuse that I'm half asleep. My bad.

For the first time this season I can’t sell my tickets even at minimum price.  Being out of the playoffs is bad enough, but a 7 PM Sunday night game adds insult to injury.

I experienced the same decline in my salesperson.  And when I was making my final decision to cancel or not (which she knew), she made a special meeting for me with a VP of some sort.  He tried to convince me that Shore was an upgrade to Cogs.  

That pretty much convinced me that the ship was sinking and to bail.

1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

I experienced the same decline in my salesperson.  And when I was making my final decision to cancel or not (which she knew), she made a special meeting for me with a VP of some sort.  He tried to convince me that Shore was an upgrade to Cogs.  

That pretty much convinced me that the ship was sinking and to bail.

lol.  i mean, if you're going to spend salary $$ somewhere, it's probably good to spend a bit of it on your sales team.

i swear someone on this board said their season ticket price was going down next year....?  that sounds questionable, but I would bet we could negotiate.  

I've just had to go into my season ticket account and clear up an expired cc.  For anyone else who has opted in for tickets this year, do you see how to view how the remainder of last season was applied to this season?  The interface is slightly different and I'm not seeing a great way to audit the process.

Secondarily, I think everyone was put into the 8 payment plan by default, but I thought that they were waiving the service charge to do so.  I'm still seeing a $25 service charge on this last invoice.  I can grab the renewal paperwork when I get home, but just wanted to check with others and see how they're doing.

Shrug.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:24 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

Sorry to hear that....then again Once this Pandemic is Done...Ducks and the other NHL Teams along with MLB,NFL,NBA and sports leagues around the world need to reduce ticket Prices by 25 to 30 percent.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

16 hours ago, Fisix said:

I've just had to go into my season ticket account and clear up an expired cc.  For anyone else who has opted in for tickets this year, do you see how to view how the remainder of last season was applied to this season?  The interface is slightly different and I'm not seeing a great way to audit the process.

Secondarily, I think everyone was put into the 8 payment plan by default, but I thought that they were waiving the service charge to do so.  I'm still seeing a $25 service charge on this last invoice.  I can grab the renewal paperwork when I get home, but just wanted to check with others and see how they're doing.

Shrug.

You had an option to change your payment plan to a "pay as they play" plan. If memory serves me right, your first payment would be due 2 weeks prior to first game played. Then 3 additional charges would follow (maybe one per month). There was a limited time to enroll in this new plan. I have yet to be charged for next season. Assuming a December 1 start date, my first payment would be due middle of November. I don't know if that will change should games be played in empty arenas.

3 hours ago, dukitup said:

You had an option to change your payment plan to a "pay as they play" plan. If memory serves me right, your first payment would be due 2 weeks prior to first game played. Then 3 additional charges would follow (maybe one per month). There was a limited time to enroll in this new plan. I have yet to be charged for next season. Assuming a December 1 start date, my first payment would be due middle of November. I don't know if that will change should games be played in empty arenas.

There is too many unknowns going into this season...and Concerns are plenty from Ducks Fans,Players,Management...etc.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, dukitup said:

hmm.  well, i'm already 2 charges into the new season.  at least i talked with the service rep and she told me the $25 service charge was one time, not per payment.

she did say that they're treating this season as a normal season until the NHL says different.  so far, the NHL hasn't said anything concrete.  shrug.

• Like 1

Guys great topic, 

It will be sometime before fans will be aloud in the stand call it the new norm.  All football baseball field basketball and hockey arena had to let go of their staff. Levy restaurant group, sodexo, legends, spectra and delaware north the top players in arena management has let go over 8500 management staff at the beginning of the month across the US.  

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, dukitup said:

I just checked my account. Info above correct. First payment due 11/15/2020. Then 3 additional payments due 15th of Dec/Jan/Feb.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joker8 said:

Guys great topic, 

It will be sometime before fans will be aloud in the stand call it the new norm.  All football baseball field basketball and hockey arena had to let go of their staff. Levy restaurant group, sodexo, legends, spectra and delaware north the top players in arena management has let go over 8500 management staff at the beginning of the month across the US.  

That is not good...yet it's sad...I imagine like you say all sports teams will have to face this tough decision...I know for sure Some Local Ticket holders were saying junior arenas MAY do the same.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

54 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

That is not good...yet it's sad...I imagine like you say all sports teams will have to face this tough decision...I know for sure Some Local Ticket holders were saying junior arenas MAY do the same.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

MoosDuck, 

I agree with you it is very sad. because I am in the hospitality sector  I saw it first hand. it is not pablesised but important information when fans make decision. 

I miss live hockey at the pond.  

34 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

MoosDuck, 

I agree with you it is very sad. because I am in the hospitality sector  I saw it first hand. it is not pablesised but important information when fans make decision. 

I miss live hockey at the pond.  

I do too......It not only affects Hockey...but the whole Sporting world....read somewhere that some teams in Japan and Korea had to furlogh their Off-field teams ie Team Store,Concession...etc.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck