The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Kase to Boston?

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

lebrun_twitter_49669_reasonably_small.jp

Hearing Ondrej Kase being traded to Boston

what could we possibly be getting in return from Boston that is worth something that they would give up??? McAvoy??? that'd be a bit lopsided/someone they probably want for their playoff run lol i guess....picks and Backes??

Just now, JiggyToTheCup said:

If we get a #1 for someone always hurt, this is a good trade.  I love Kase,  but he's just not the same player this year

See above. It is a #1
·
21s

Prospect going to Anaheim is Axel Andersson

2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

See above. It is a #1
·
21s

Prospect going to Anaheim is Axel Andersson

Axel Adnersson

Skilled defenseman who skates well. Has interesting offensive upside, with very good passing skills and the ability to lead the rush. Strong puck mover and plays well on the man advantage. (EP 2018)

6'0" / Weight 185 lbs 

7 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
First round pick, David Backes and a prospect to Anaheim

Also important to note: the Bruins are retaining 25 percent of Backes’ remaining contract. So the Ducks are only on the hook for about $3 M in real dollars next season on that contract.

Baffled that we moved Kase. Young, was starting to play great. We basically traded Kase for Axel Andersson. Do not like 

2 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Baffled that we moved Kase. Young, was starting to play great. We basically traded Kase for Axel Andersson. Do not like 

and a #1.  He hasn't played well all year and is hurt again from a hit.

Are there any conditions with this 1st rounder? good to have a 1st rounder....but man...it's Boston's first rounder...that's gonna be 30 or 31....

• Like 1

Just now, JiggyToTheCup said:

and a #1.  He hasn't played well all year and is hurt again from a hit.

If you look at Marleau’s cost to dump it was a first. 
Cap dumping Backes for a late first rounder 

then getting Axel Andersson for Kase straight up essentially. Boston wins this all day. Kase finally found his groove this year as of late (same with everyone on the team essentially). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

Are there any conditions with this 1st rounder? good to have a 1st rounder....but man...it's Boston's first rounder...that's gonna be 30 or 31....

Not seeing a condition.

TRADE To Boston #Bruins F Ondrej Kase (RFA on July 1, 2021) To Anaheim #Ducks F David Backes 25% retained (UFA on July 1, 2021) D Axel Anderson 2020 1st round pick (BOS)

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

Brayden Tracy says :bye:

• Like 2

I like Kase but I can see the upside here.

We add a right side defenseman (another Swede FYI) who should hopefully be ready for the NHL in a season or two. We also add a first round pick (hopefully Boston are out in the first round lol). Kase has had so much injury trouble and honestly his production seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

They could definitely lose to Tampa in the second round.

If Kase can’t stay healthy then yeah sure, but if he returns to any bit of the form he has last couple years, we lose a dynamic young forward and replaced him with David freakin Backes 

• Like 1

Also, just so we can get some perspective...Kase has turned out really well and was having an off-season (i think). super sad to see him go, but Bob basically just turned a 7th rounder into a 1st-rounder and a mid-2nd rounder that's already showing promise. promise in a position we need help in....that's not bad!

and we got Backes!...he's neat!

• Like 2

It’s not the worst trade in the world. Getting a RHD is pretty big. And hopefully Boston gets bounced as early as possible. Just hate losing Kase, especially because it seemed before he got elbowed in the head he was playing really well. 

3 minutes ago, nieder said:

They could definitely lose to Tampa in the second round.

Very true. Both of those teams look SCARY good. That'd be a great series. Especially with Kase...Boston looks gooooooooooooood.

4 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Brayden Tracy says :bye:

haha yeah! not saying we can't get a good player late in the draft lol

Is Backes gonna be playing? I’m not sure what Boston has been doing with him, is he just hanging out like Eaves/Kesler or is he gonna be suiting up?

5 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Is Backes gonna be playing? I’m not sure what Boston has been doing with him, is he just hanging out like Eaves/Kesler or is he gonna be suiting up?

He's not injured. Boston assigned him to the AHL but Backes didn't want to report, and the Bruins agreed not to force him. He also had a NTC so he would have had to agree to the trade to Anaheim. I'm guessing the plan is to put him on the 4th line. He would likely have only agreed to the trade if he were getting another chance to play in the NHL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nieder said:

He's not injured. Boston assigned him to the AHL but Backes didn't want to report, and the Bruins agreed not to force him. He also had a NTC so he would have had to agree to the trade to Anaheim. I'm guessing the plan is to put him on the 4th line. He would likely have only agreed to the trade if he were getting another chance to play in the NHL.

So that doesn’t really clear a path for Sprong or Sherwood. Unless BM moves Grant and Backes takes over on the fourth line. 

27 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

If we get a #1 for someone always hurt, this is a good trade.  I love Kase,  but he's just not the same player this year

Kase is always hurt.  Guy doesn't keep his head up. I think this is a great trade just for the pick.  Business deal both ways.  Kase was little cheaper than Backes with same contract term, plus Ducks get a pick and a prospect.  Part of Backes' salary was retained by Boston.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nieder said:

Nice of the Bruins to not force the demotion.  They could have suspended him and saved the salary cash.

Just now, Fowl said:

Nice of the Bruins to not force the demotion.  They could have suspended him and saved the salary cash.

Yes, classy move for a veteran for sure. They were basically paying him to sit at home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1