The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Kase to Boston?

18 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

More accurately, the only 30-goal scorer to achieve the mark in the Ducks program.

Yep, you’re right. I forgot about Henrique but he did it with NJ. Still depressing!

2 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think you’re misinterpreting. I’m just sharing information about a prospect that we acquired. I like to inform myself on players in the system figured I’d pass along information I found 

oh...It was so highlighted I thought it was something good.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FanSince1993 said:

This trade would be good without Backes included. With Backes on the payroll, we have 4 bad contracts to pay for 2020/2021 season: Backs, Perry ($5.5 mil against salary cap as buyout), Kesler and Fowler. It's almost $25 mil against salary cap for either non-existent, non productive or overpaid players.

:lmao:  and . :deadhorse:

Backes is like only $3mil.  Kesler goes on LTIR.  Fowler is a very good player.   Perry buyout was good. He has 5 goals right now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Does Bob Murray ever make a trade for someone that isn’t an old veteran with virtually nothing left to give? Ever?

• Like 2

Just now, hoxxey said:

Does Bob Murray ever make a trade for someone that isn’t an old veteran with virtually nothing left to give? Ever?

Backes is solid and won't get knocked around like Kase. IMO 

3 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

:lmao:  and . :deadhorse:

Backes is like only $3mil.  Kesler goes on LTIR.  Fowler is a very good player.   Perry buyout was good. He has 5 goals right now.

ooh oow ooh oow..that hurts ! Beating the rented mule.

Edited by bufbarnaby

1 minute ago, bufbarnaby said:

Backes is solid and won't get knocked around like Kase. IMO 

He also wasn’t good enough to play for Boston 

how is he suddenly good enough???

christ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

I actually don’t hate taking backes contract since a) it only has a year left; b) Boston retained some salary; c) it allows Murray to flip Grant for assets and will likely be cheaper that what Grant’s extension ultimately would be.

• Like 4

Just now, hoxxey said:

christ

I love it when Barn comes in to save the day and then..... doesn't.    :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, hoxxey said:

christ

well Boston is way deep.. he isn't chopped liver.

Murray said he would take on a bad contract. Kase is out with ANOTHER concussion. He's Simon Despres in waiting (hope I'm wrong). We get a decent RHD prospect and a #1 pick in return. Backus is a throw in that maybe can play the 4th line. If not, he's waived again and can sit home. It's not like the Ducks are playing for the Cup this year or next. I think Kase is a big ? so I'm more than happy with the return.

Edited by dukitup
  • Like 3

I like this deal. Always liked Kase but he's damaged goods. Wish him all the best. If he stays healthy Boston is a great place for him. As for us, I have little faith in BM but he's an excellent drafter and recognizes a good D prospect when he sees one. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Kase is always hurt.  Guy doesn't keep his head up. I think this is a great trade just for the pick.  Business deal both ways.  Kase was little cheaper than Backes with same contract term, plus Ducks get a pick and a prospect.  Part of Backes' salary was retained by Boston.

Nice.. Kase is possibly 1 more concussion away from retiring (Eric Lindros/ Pat LaFontaine) examples.

And the good D man we had that had to quit from concussions , French last name🏒

Backes has size/skill and is durable.

Edited by bufbarnaby

45 minutes ago, bufbarnaby said:

screaming won't make him seem better. He's a 170lb. AHL kid.

He hasn't even played in the AHL yet and it's his first season in North America.

39 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

This trade was for the pick and the prospect. Backes is just a throw in so that we take his salary. With the team not competitive right now, who cares about taking on extra salary.

36 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

christ

Boston is a good team. The Ducks are not. Backes won't be any worse than Deslauries or Rowney on our 4th line.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yep, you’re right. I forgot about Henrique but he did it with NJ. Still depressing!

I wasnt even thinking that way.  I was thinking that we have 30 goal scorers on hand, they just won't do so in RC and Eakins systems.

Very sad to see Kaser go. He is was pretty much my favorite Duck to watch this season. I will be rooting for him in Boston.

I think this is a slight overpay by Murray, considering what some other recent salary dumps have netted in return (Marleau, Bickell). However, I do like that the Ducks will now have 3 picks in the top 36 (or so) draft spots in June. My hope is that GMBM now uses either the late 1st from Boston or our 2nd rounder in a package with one of the prospects to get a legit upgrade for our top-6 forwards. Alternatively, I would sell all three picks plus prospects for the #1 overall to get Lafreniere (assuming we don't win the lottery outright). If Detroit wins the draft lottery, maybe they'd consider something like that since they have so far to go in terms of rebuilding that team. Either way, we have assets to play with that can accelerate the re-tool.

Also, moving Kase frees up a protected spot for next season's ED, so this seems like a companion move to the Deslauriers signing. I also agree with Bombay that this move means its more likely Grant will be traded at the TDL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

This trade was for the pick and the prospect. Backes is just a throw in so that we take his salary. With the team not competitive right now, who cares about taking on extra salary.

Boston is a good team. The Ducks are not. Backes won't be any worse than Deslauries or Rowney on our 4th line.

agree...plus a bigger skilled guy is always a plus.

1 minute ago, bufbarnaby said:

So we didn't lose Grantlaf did we ?🤹‍♂️

Not yet. Check back in later...

Replying to
Backes said he did have to waive his no-trade clause to go to Anaheim. "It was a place where they want me to be a player and want me to help in the locker room, bring whatever I can bring to help with the group. That’s certainly something that I take pride in.”

David Backes just got off a conference call. He's ready for Anaheim: "I was praying, actually praying to get an opportunity that I could reassert myself and show that I still belong in the NHL."
Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 4