The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
DuckFan4Life

Grant to Flyers

How many players have we now gotten for Grant only to sign him back at the end of the season?

Maybe that doesn't happen this time, but we have as good a shot as we did if he stayed here.

5'9" and a buck seventy... Great...

It just gets better and better.  

My daughter asked me last night why I cheer for the ducks.  I'm wondering that very thing...

Kyle C. Is 27, so he will only help the Gulls.

Im disappointed.  Given Grant’s production, especially the SHGs, I was hoping for at least a 3rd round pick, even though Grant is a rental.

• Like 2

Hope he re-signs. Even if he'll regress to a regular 4th liner next season with 5g-20p, I like the guy. He's on fire this season and I wonder why the price for Derek is a bit on the low side this time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Any trade of Derek Grant that brought back assets is a good trade, even if it's just two lottery tickets.

nope.

1 minute ago, Aksun said:

Hope he re-signs. Even if he'll regress to a regular 4th liner next season with 5g-20p, I like the guy. He's on fire this season and I wonder why the price for Derek is a bit on the low side this time.

yep.

6 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Ducks claim Agozzino off waivers from Pittsburgh. Another center moving? Rico?

He's not a LW?

7 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Claimed who? Oh boy, I am sick and tired of this minor-league GM. He is destroying our team.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

pthpt.  not moving Rico for Agozzino.  

Just now, Fisix said:

pthpt.  not moving Rico for Agozzino.  

No, I’m thinking that he’s adding Agozzino to fill in as a C if another C is moved. Possible GMBM is going full tank for the rest of this season. Especially since Fowler looks to be out long term.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

No, I’m thinking that he’s adding Agozzino to fill in as a C if another C is moved. Possible GMBM is going full tank for the rest of this season. Especially since Fowler looks to be out long term.

weird if true.

on the bolded - didn't hear this yet.  fairly certain?

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

weird if true.

on the bolded - didn't hear this yet.  fairly certain?

I think I heard it on the pre-game radio broadcast from Dan Wood that he is having an MRI done for a lingering lower body injury. With zero left to play for this season and 6 years at $6.5M per remaining on Fowler's contract, I would actually be annoyed if he came back soon. I say to Cam, go fix whatever needs fixing and stay away from the ice until the games matter again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think I heard it on the pre-game radio broadcast from Dan Wood that he is having an MRI done for a lingering lower body injury. With zero left to play for this season and 6 years at $6.5M per remaining on Fowler's contract, I would actually be annoyed if he came back soon. I say to Cam, go fix whatever needs fixing and stay away from the ice until the games matter again.

This.  There's no reason to bring him back this season.  Make sure it heals.

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Doesn't look like there were any more moves here other than Shore (who I guess can be considered a depth/emergency center). Looks like Agozzino will be with the Ducks for the remainder of the season too. A tidbit from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: 

Just before Sunday’s game, Agozzino was placed on waivers, presumably to fulfill an NHL requirement. Per NHL rules, a player must be on an AHL roster at 3 p.m. on deadline day in order to be eligible to be sent down to the minors at any time thereafter for the rest of the season. Agozzino’s contract requires that he be placed on waivers before being reassigned.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2020/02/24/Ducks-claim-former-Penguins-center-Andrew-Agozzino-off-of-waivers/stories/202002240099

6 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Doesn't look like there were any more moves here other than Shore (who I guess can be considered a depth/emergency center). Looks like Agozzino will be with the Ducks for the remainder of the season too. A tidbit from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2020/02/24/Ducks-claim-former-Penguins-center-Andrew-Agozzino-off-of-waivers/stories/202002240099

Agozzino is 29 and hasn't played more than 20 games in any season in the NHL.  Surely we have guys on our own AHL team that we could reward with playing time before this guy.

• Like 1

Just now, gorbachav5 said:

Agozzino is 29 and hasn't played more than 20 games in any season in the NHL.  Surely we have guys on our own AHL team that we could reward with playing time before this guy.

Yeah, this one seems really pointless. I'd have rather the Ducks bring Sam Carrick back up.

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Yeah, this one seems really pointless. I'd have rather the Ducks bring Sam Carrick back up.

That's exactly whom I was thinking of.

Was hoping Grant would fetch a 3rd. At least the 4th will be the better of the two that the Flyers have.

Edited by Spencer_12

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

I would imagine he is not hear for the NHl squad.  At least I hope so.

8 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Any trade of Derek Grant that brought back assets is a good trade, even if it's just two lottery tickets.

Keep dreaming.....Just fine with this trade.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I get the feeling we won't see Grant return. He's getting time with some good players, they're playing extremely well and they're going to make a push for the cup. He's contributing in a big way already and the fans are recognizing his impact. I hope he comes back but he's as good as gone. He might actually be one of the better pickups at the deadline that any team has made. 

they screwed it up last time.  it really depends on what they're willing to pay, and what we are.  they've been pretty stingy with him in the past (though, so have we).

i think it's still up in the air.  i don't expect there to be a bidding war, but i do expect us to ~double his current salary.

56 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

I get the feeling we won't see Grant return. He's getting time with some good players, they're playing extremely well and they're going to make a push for the cup. He's contributing in a big way already and the fans are recognizing his impact. I hope he comes back but he's as good as gone. He might actually be one of the better pickups at the deadline that any team has made. 

Maybe we'll see some old time hockey with Zegras on the 4th line next season? Not many teams develop their future stars that way anymore, but it wasn't that long ago that Getzlaf started on the 4th line. Kesler did too in Vancouver. A lot of really great players started on the 4th line their first season in the NHL. A Backes-Zegras-Rowney 4th line next season would be a throw back, and I'd be totally fine with that if we can't bring Elite#1C back home.

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Maybe we'll see some old time hockey with Zegras on the 4th line next season? Not many teams develop their future stars that way anymore, but it wasn't that long ago that Getzlaf started on the 4th line. Kesler did too in Vancouver. A lot of really great players started on the 4th line their first season in the NHL. A Backes-Zegras-Rowney 4th line next season would be a throw back, and I'd be totally fine with that if we can't bring Elite#1C back home.

I think it's too early to put him there. Let him develop at least one year in the ahl before bringing him up. We're not winning anything anytime soon so why rush?