The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
saskduckfan

Ritchie to Bruins

wow!...well...it was about time. No idea who Danton Heinen is either...but...i mean...Ritchie gone was about time. He was playing his best hockey this season though. I'd still root for Boston.

How exciting for Kase/Ritchie...from basement to one of the most likely to win the Cup this year...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ritchie and Boston seems like a match made in heaven. Won't be long until he's carving Rs Zorro style into Mitch Marner's forehead in the middle of an important playoff game.

• Like 5

Yeah, I've been fine with Ritchie on this team, but now I get to hate him that he's on Boston, and I'm okay with that.  

Ondrej Kase on that abomination of a team still makes me sad, though.  If there's any chance he's a double agent and can "accidentally" trip and take out Marchand...

1 minute ago, hoxxey said:

I can't think of a team that is better suited for Ritchie's skill set...

I'll bet he is super stoked.

I can't think of any fanbase that fits that dunderhead any better, either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

I can't think of any fanbase that fits that dunderhead any better, either.

Yeah...

I don't like the bruins either...

I like and appreciate Chara though...

Heinen is ok. He had a career year a couple of seasons ago where he scored 47 points, but has not been as effective since then. He's a centre that is hopefully good for 30 to 35 points per year, so a third liner basically.

So far Murray’s two moves are moving young  forwards with good potential who haven’t fully hit it for various reasons. Bold move cotton. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

So far Murray’s two moves are moving young  forwards with good potential who haven’t fully hit it for various reasons. Bold move cotton. 

I don’t know whether this is a good trade or not, but after last night I noted that William Karlsson broke out at age 25, and made me wonder whether Ritchie might be a late bloomer also.  I hope BM knows what he is doing and this doesn’t become another trades that bites the Ducks in the long run, .... again.

In any case this trade doesn’t advance the rebuild, and I was hoping for at least one trade of an older player for a high draft pick and/or prospects.

9 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

I don’t know whether this is a good trade or not, but after last night I noted that William Karlsson broke out at age 25, and made me wonder whether Ritchie might be a late bloomer also.  I hope BM knows what he is doing and this doesn’t become another trades that bites the Ducks in the long run, .... again.

In any case this trade doesn’t advance the rebuild, and I was hoping for at least one trade of an older player for a high draft pick and/or prospects.

Yeah, I'm okay with Ritchie being gone, but Danton Heinen doesn't really interest me.  I would have rather had a prospect and a pick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Karlsson was buried by Torts in a checking line center role (akin to Pahlsson's role), which means he was working his tail off every game to defend against the best the Eastern conference had to offer. His defense and work ethic are reasons why he was taken by Vegas. Wake me up when Ritchie gets noticed for his work ethic.

Trading Ritchie is addition by subtraction, if for no other reason than the boys will spend less time on the PK due to brainless offensive zone penalties.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Karlsson was buried by Torts in a checking line center role (akin to Pahlsson's role), which means he was working his tail off every game to defend against the best the Eastern conference had to offer. His defense and work ethic are reasons why he was taken by Vegas. Wake me up when Ritchie gets noticed for his work ethic.

Trading Ritchie is addition by subtraction, if for no other reason than the boys will spend less time on the PK due to brainless offensive zone penalties.

I hope you’re right.  You usually are.

30 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I liked the trade until I realized the salary difference. Is Heinen worth it? I guess it was made up in the Shore trade.

Danton Heinen · $2,800,000

Sum: $2,800,000
Change: +$1,301,075

Really hope Ritchie doesn’t end up being a late bloomer. Heinen had a great rookie season, but has fallen off since then while playing on a good team. Same age as Ritchie. There’s probably more upside for Boston in this trade, but maybe Ducks get lucky. It’s hard to see Heinen putting up points on a team that already struggles to score though.

7 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

Nick Ritchie to BOS for Danton Heinen

Good Trade it's Best he goes East. Also justified considering our Ducks need some new Energy to set things right.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Ritchie 2 primary assists vs Stars !

Him and Kase going for a cup.

Boston got the right guy they needed. 

Edited by bufbarnaby

On 2/24/2020 at 3:57 PM, Fisix said:

oh, don't wish ill will towards an ex duck.  NR has enough things to worry about.

He already got 2 primary assists vs Stars.

Edited by bufbarnaby

On 2/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

I liked the trade until I realized the salary difference. Is Heinen worth it? I guess it was made up in the Shore trade.

Danton Heinen · $2,800,000

Sum: $2,800,000
Change: +$1,301,075

Yes it's worth it...him and Milano can scoot.

11 hours ago, bufbarnaby said:

Yes it's worth it...him and Milano can scoot.

Heinen is a lot better in his own zone and takes far less penalties. Ritchie has 19 minor penalties this season alone. Heinen has 22 minor penalties in his entire career.

I honestly like Ritchie as a depth forward. It's too bad he didn't live up to being a top-6 power forward but I thought he was fine on the third line. The writing was on the wall when he held out though, probably annoyed Murray and his old school ways too much.

It would be best for this thread move to the Former Ducks Section now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, hoxxey said:

By "skill set" do you mean eating more French Fries ?? He had a terrible first couple of years with coming into training camp out of shape and a bit "chunky " ( as best I could remember )

2 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

By "skill set" do you mean eating more French Fries ?? He had a terrible first couple of years with coming into training camp out of shape and a bit "chunky " ( as best I could remember )

what??? ....Ritchie?! ....naaaaaw....he definitely did NOT have that reputation....especially here on the boards......

On 2/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, hoxxey said:

You mean because they have the 3rd best PK in the league?

• Haha 2