The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

covid-19 repercussions

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

it'd make sense if people could go see it in Angel Stadium, but not so much if just played outdoors.  i'd prefer inside with no fans.

Who knows maybe it can pay off.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Thimo Nickl has the rona and won’t play for Austria at the WJC. 

Also, the proposed Divisional realignment doesn’t help the Ducks playoff chances:

Anaheim Ducks
Arizona Coyotes
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues
Vegas Golden Knights

4 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Also, the proposed Divisional realignment doesn’t help the Ducks playoff chances:

Anaheim Ducks
Arizona Coyotes
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues
Vegas Golden Knights

Looks to me Ducks are going into this Division fighting tot he bitter end..."Guns ablazing"

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Anaheim Ducks
Arizona Coyotes
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues
Vegas Golden Knights

Talk about feast or famine. The two best teams in the Western Conference (Colorado and Vegas), the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals last year (Dallas), and the team that won the Stanley Cup the prior year (St. Louis).  And then four train wrecks. 

If you're looking for a path to the playoffs for the Ducks, it takes some serious squinting.  You could see Dallas getting old quickly and being vulnerable, particularly with Seguin's injury issues.  St. Louis isn't as good as they were in '19, especially without Pietrangelo or Bouwmeester, so I guess you could hope that they falter.  But the Ducks are demonstrably and unquestionably worse than all four of those teams. I think it would take Dallas going in the tank and the Ducks getting unexpected breakout years from two or three kids, plus a Hasek-esque John Gibson season, to get into the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Talk about feast or famine. The two best teams in the Western Conference (Colorado and Vegas), the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals last year (Dallas), and the team that won the Stanley Cup the prior year (St. Louis).  And then four train wrecks. 

If you're looking for a path to the playoffs for the Ducks, it takes some serious squinting.  You could see Dallas getting old quickly and being vulnerable, particularly with Seguin's injury issues.  St. Louis isn't as good as they were in '19, especially without Pietrangelo or Bouwmeester, so I guess you could hope that they falter.  But the Ducks are demonstrably and unquestionably worse than all four of those teams. I think it would take Dallas going in the tank and the Ducks getting unexpected breakout years from two or three kids, plus a Hasek-esque John Gibson season, to get into the playoffs.

I'm not sleeping on the Sharks this season. Karlsson has had 10 months to get completely healthy and they still have enough room under the cap to add another impact player if they want to make one more run at it before starting their rebuild in earnest. They're not a Cup contender as currently constituted, but I think they're easily 5th in that group, and maybe even 4th if St Louis struggles without Pietrangelo. Adding another forward like Granlund or Haula would make them a tough out too.

Not going to help the Ducks too much, but Las Vegas has cap troubles and are trying to move Max Pacioretty. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/report-golden-knights-actively-shopping-several-big-names-210713240.html

1 hour ago, AyeEye said:

Not going to help the Ducks too much, but Las Vegas has cap troubles and are trying to move Max Pacioretty. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/report-golden-knights-actively-shopping-several-big-names-210713240.html

Ducks should avoid getting Max...THERE ARE other players who are worthy imho wearing the Ducks D.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Yeah. I stopped squinting at a playoff spot even before this division came out. You’re right that the Ducks aren’t close to the other teams. Good thing Gibson will only be under heavy artillery fire for less than 56 games this season!

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I'm not sleeping on the Sharks this season. Karlsson has had 10 months to get completely healthy and they still have enough room under the cap to add another impact player if they want to make one more run at it before starting their rebuild in earnest. They're not a Cup contender as currently constituted, but I think they're easily 5th in that group, and maybe even 4th if St Louis struggles without Pietrangelo. Adding another forward like Granlund or Haula would make them a tough out too.

I agree. The Sharks can very much es kind this year who even if they aren’t contenders still have enough talent, though aging, to get make the playoffs or still finish ahead of the Ducks at least. They’ll be healthy and Dubnyk might actually provide competent goaltending after the wheels falling off Jones. 

The Sharks should be favored to be better than the Ducks, but that's no great feat.  I doubt they'll be good.  Dubnyk was WORSE than Martin Jones last year.  Maybe he'll bounce back, but he's in his mid-30's, so it's not all that likely.  Vlasic is done, Burns is getting old.  If Couture and Hertl can stay healthy, they'll win enough to contend for a spot, but they're going to need some unexpected contributions to be a team that scares anyone.

22 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Sharks should be favored to be better than the Ducks, but that's no great feat.  I doubt they'll be good.  Dubnyk was WORSE than Martin Jones last year.  Maybe he'll bounce back, but he's in his mid-30's, so it's not all that likely.  Vlasic is done, Burns is getting old.  If Couture and Hertl can stay healthy, they'll win enough to contend for a spot, but they're going to need some unexpected contributions to be a team that scares anyone.

I'm here, too. Sharks are overrated in my clearly non-biased opinion haha. But they are. Karlsson doesn't ACTUALLY impact the team the way people think he does. High octane offensive defensemen with little defense ability was never their issue...... they never addressed it and continue to not address it in goaltending (since Nabokov) and leadership since...well, since acquiring Thornton. Pavelski and Patty were close, but they couldn't undo the damage Jumbo did to that team.

Not having Thornton on the team helps. But it's already rubbed off on Couture and Hertl. I don't expect the team to be very good or be very clutch for a little while...the best thing they could do is tank and hope for an actual high pick.

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

Don't know bout that till we see what happens when Puck Drops and Ducks do battle. Our team has untempered Youth and wise Vets....the needs for self motivation for our young Guns to set the tone.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck