Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

covid-19 repercussions

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

coommmmmpleeeetely agree!!

i just want it to happen for the sake of chaos lol

Did someone Chaos...Quick get Inspector Gadget j/k.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Duck-Fan said:

Did this board die?

Nothing happening. Signing the 4 players we did slightly above nothing, but still. 

I was more irritated with the Ducks screwing up the list of games they're rebroadcasting with this shutdown. They advertised the May 5 broadcast as the 1997 game 7 quarterfinal against Phoenix (home game), but instead broadcast the game 6 win in Phoenix. This was the first ever playoff series win for the franchise, and the atmosphere in the Pond was electric with about 10 minutes left in the game until the end (I was there, I know). I was really hoping to see the game again. But no, didn't happen. Screwing up a simple broadcast seems a microcosm of what happens with the franchise in general. Rant over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Nothing happening. Signing the 4 players we did slightly above nothing, but still. 

I was more irritated with the Ducks screwing up the list of games they're rebroadcasting with this shutdown. They advertised the May 5 broadcast as the 1997 game 7 quarterfinal against Phoenix (home game), but instead broadcast the game 6 win in Phoenix. This was the first ever playoff series win for the franchise, and the atmosphere in the Pond was electric with about 10 minutes left in the game until the end (I was there, I know). I was really hoping to see the game again. But no, didn't happen. Screwing up a simple broadcast seems a microcosm of what happens with the franchise in general. Rant over. 

Ducks gotta get their classic games in Order....It's History that all Ducks Fans who watch it live or myself stayed up Late to see that epic moment....btw I am doing video soon on What Ducks are Doing with Covid 19 relief.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Just waiting for the playoff series against Vegas to start.

Depends.....Like that is going to happen.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m waiting for the Ducks to draft in the top 5. Don’t really care about anything else. Playoffs can come back or not. Whatever. Any Cup winner this year is a gimmicky win; I’d watch though. Still, just give me my top 5 pick to look forward to. I’m more interested in baseball coming back because that guarantees sports through October unless the virus goes for round 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

I’m waiting for the Ducks to draft in the top 5. Don’t really care about anything else. Playoffs can come back or not. Whatever. Any Cup winner this year is a gimmicky win; I’d watch though. Still, just give me my top 5 pick to look forward to. I’m more interested in baseball coming back because that guarantees sports through October unless the virus goes for round 2.

Ducks have 3 first Round Picks...and imho I have feeling Ducks will pick 2 RHD in First Round...I am interested in the event

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Ducks have 3 first Round Picks...and imho I have feeling Ducks will pick 2 RHD in First Round...I am interested in the event

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I have them with 2 Moose. Theirs, and the one they got from Boston in the Kase trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I have them with 2 Moose. Theirs, and the one they got from Boston in the Kase trade.

Sorry My bad 2...did not mean to type 3....imho I am interested who the Ducks will Pick and I sticking with Ducks picking 2 RHD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dukitup said:

I have them with 2 Moose. Theirs, and the one they got from Boston in the Kase trade.

....they should have 3....it's ridiculous we couldn't get Grant over to Tampa for that first they just gave up for nothing basically...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

....they should have 3....it's ridiculous we couldn't get Grant over to Tampa for that first they just gave up for nothing basically...

It was a typo on my part my bad folks.....I beleive Ducks will get 2 RHD...or a Winger and RHD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

It was a typo on my part my bad folks.....I beleive Ducks will get 2 RHD...or a Winger and RHD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

typo or not, the real "my bad" is Tampa Bay not going for Grant with their 1st or....Bob not offering Grant to Tampa with their first....seriously. Would have been an upgrade for both team's conditions...ugh still frustrates me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

typo or not, the real "my bad" is Tampa Bay not going for Grant with their 1st or....Bob not offering Grant to Tampa with their first....seriously. Would have been an upgrade for both team's conditions...ugh still frustrates me lol

I understand another 1st would be "First" for our Ducks...getting 3 First Rounders would be a Godsend.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A decision on moving forward will likely be made before the end of the month.

The 24 team approach is still the most favored, with 2 different sites each hosting 12 teams to start with.  They're looking at 8-9 potential sites, but Las Vegas & Columbus are emerging as favorites.  The NHLPA will have to approve whatever plan is proposed by the owners.

International travel restrictions are posing difficulties with the time schedule the league had hoped for.  Especially the Canadian travel ban which was recently extended until late June.  If it is extended into July, it will complicate things greatly.  They're now looking at a best case scenario of a couple weeks of practices and conditioning for teams in the beginning of July, with play starting in mid-July.  Bettman is not even considering cancelling the season, even if it extends until September before the Cup is awarded.

Edited by HockeyIzCool
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

A decision on moving forward will likely be made before the end of the month.

The 24 team approach is still the most favored, with 2 different sites each hosting 12 teams to start with.  They're looking at 8-9 potential sites, but Las Vegas & Columbus are emerging as favorites.  The NHLPA will have to approve whatever plan is proposed by the owners.

International travel restrictions are posing difficulties with the time schedule the league had hoped for.  Especially the Canadian travel ban which was recently extended until late June.  If it is extended into July, it will complicate things greatly.  They're now looking at a best case scenario of a couple weeks of practices and conditioning for teams in the beginning of July, with play starting in mid-July.  Bettman is not even considering cancelling the season, even if it extends until September before the Cup is awarded.

Then might as well hold the Draft in Nov then if things are all Messed up. EXTEND the CBA as well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, Jasoaks said:

typo or not, the real "my bad" is Tampa Bay not going for Grant with their 1st or....Bob not offering Grant to Tampa with their first....seriously. Would have been an upgrade for both team's conditions...ugh still frustrates me lol

I don't think Tampa was going to trade a first for a 2 month rental.  Coleman had 22 goals and a history of similar and was a position they really needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gotchabari said:

I don't think Tampa was going to trade a first for a 2 month rental.  Coleman had 22 goals and a history of similar and was a position they really needed.

Ducks won't touch Coleman in their history they never need a rental wanted a Player who will be beneficial in Longterm.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gotchabari said:

I don't think Tampa was going to trade a first for a 2 month rental.  Coleman had 22 goals and a history of similar and was a position they really needed.

Well, they didn't trade for Coleman, they traded for Goodrow. But your point is still taken as Goodrow does have another year left on his contract. That's a good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 11:37 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

A decision on moving forward will likely be made before the end of the month.

The 24 team approach is still the most favored, with 2 different sites each hosting 12 teams to start with.  They're looking at 8-9 potential sites, but Las Vegas & Columbus are emerging as favorites.  The NHLPA will have to approve whatever plan is proposed by the owners.

International travel restrictions are posing difficulties with the time schedule the league had hoped for.  Especially the Canadian travel ban which was recently extended until late June.  If it is extended into July, it will complicate things greatly.  They're now looking at a best case scenario of a couple weeks of practices and conditioning for teams in the beginning of July, with play starting in mid-July.  Bettman is not even considering cancelling the season, even if it extends until September before the Cup is awarded.

So what happens if one of the players tests positive after they re-start the season. Does the whole thing shut down again? Does his team have to quarantine for 2 weeks and gets eliminated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nieder said:

So what happens if one of the players tests positive after they re-start the season. Does the whole thing shut down again? Does his team have to quarantine for 2 weeks and gets eliminated?

Well, supposedly the NBA is telling their players, that if at any point they test positive for the virus, they're out of the playoffs.  I don't necessarily think that would result in a team being eliminated, although if enough players on a team did test positive, I suppose that would be it for them.

The whole circumstance is uncharted waters.  Sure, they're doing it so people have some sports to finally watch on TV, but they're also doing it for money, which is really the main reason.

Edited by HockeyIzCool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like they are not going to assign playoff spots based upon division ranking, and since the Ducks have the 3rd worst record in the Conference, they would be part of the 3 team group that does not qualify for the playoffs.  In fact, all 3 teams would be from Pacific Division, Ducks, Kings & Sharks.  California will be left out of the playoffs, which was destined to happen anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

It sounds like they are not going to assign playoff spots based upon division ranking, and since the Ducks have the 3rd worst record in the Conference, they would be part of the 3 team group that does not qualify for the playoffs.  In fact, all 3 teams would be from Pacific Division, Ducks, Kings & Sharks.  California will be left out of the playoffs, which was destined to happen anyways.

It's better this way...I don't think any of our Ducks along with our enemies in LA and San Jose have the "NEED" To be in Playoffs with this Pandemic screwing this up. Of course It's best for Ducks to Focus on NHL Draft and FA.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Announcement at 1:30 today about the resumption of NHL play.

Wonder if we get any Details on NHL Draft....I am sure other leagues like NBA is watching this too.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mixed right now....but I haven't read the full article/document yet.

I hope they pay the arena staff and people who are cleaning/testing/disinfecting etc... a good amount of money....this VERY much relies on them to be proficient and honest and paying attention to detail and hard working on every level and taking it seriously to not have this turn into a big mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm mixed right now....but I haven't read the full article/document yet.

I hope they pay the arena staff and people who are cleaning/testing/disinfecting etc... a good amount of money....this VERY much relies on them to be proficient and honest and paying attention to detail and hard working on every level and taking it seriously to not have this turn into a big mistake.

And not testing or contracting or spreading the virus themselves. Players players players, what about the workers at the rinks. What if one of them tests positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

And not testing or contracting or spreading the virus themselves. Players players players, what about the workers at the rinks. What if one of them tests positive.

Exactly!

And also, I watched the Bettman announcement....will be an interesting set-up! Gotta put some money on the Canadiens to win haha

But the draft. The draft confuses me. It's a very complicated procedure...I don't understand why they can't just wait till they know which 8 teams don't advance from the qualifying round and then just have a normal draft? Why are they so set to have it June 26th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's Official Ducks Season is done. Record is 29-33-9 67pts. 2 Things to take away from Gary Betteman announcement 1. 2 Hub Cities will be host for 24 teams in Stanley Cup Playoffs....2.June 26th NHL Draft Lottery will determine 1,2,3 Overall Picks in NHL Draft.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...