The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
DucksFanX

Kesler

19 hours ago, Fisix said:

yep - he can ride out his contract under LTIR.

Looks like it will be that way for Kesboss.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Though not necessarily completely his fault, most GM's would be fired given the amount of $$$$$$$$$$$ lost on Eaves, Kesler & Perry, but not our Bob.

17 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Though not necessarily completely his fault, most GM's would be fired given the amount of $$$$$$$$$$$ lost on Eaves, Kesler & Perry, but not our Bob.

Bob Needs to step down....he is been at this position as Ducks GM too long.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 6/6/2020 at 8:18 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

none of those are reasons to fire BM.  not individually, and not in a group.  Kesler did exactly what we paid him to do, Eaves was horrible bad luck, and Perry got his knees beaten out from under him.  Eaves is the only contract for which we didn't get ANY value for what we paid.  Perry's contract is the only one of the three that wasn't at least partially covered by insurance (and mitigated by LTIR). 

not sure why you keep pointing out the same items, over and over again, that fail to support your position.  if you want to say YOU would fire BM for those three items, then fine, but you'd have to find a fairly erratic owner to be willing to do the same. 

why not talk about how long we held onto BB after the 7th game losses?  or rehiring RC, whether it was desired by the players or not?  or allowing RC to stay in the driver's seat for an extra season?  or letting the players run the show as much as they're rumored to have done, with regard to coaching?  or for not figuring out how/creating an undeniable program to reduce injuries, at least on par with other NHL teams? and, we could talk about failed forward development until pigs fly...

THOSE are the semi-unjustified decisions where BM's tenure is weak.  but to focus on his risking relatively little cash in hopes to get a team into the finals?  that's silly, and really, really poor GM quarterbacking.  if you want to make an argument to boot BM as GM, at least spend the minimal effort to make a good argument.

• Like 2

I beg the differ sir, what do you call the Despres signing? Eaves was good as gone at the end of the season I could tell you he will not make it look at his history 3 year contract?  what do you call Bieksa getting two years with NTC before he made it to CA? and then we give up a talented puck moving defenseman to Vegas. Bob is a Bust I was there in day one 1993 I will always watch the ducks he needs to go. fish rotten from the heads down On June 6, 2020 we celebrated 13 years of the cup coming to CA have you seen a peep I did not.   

On 6/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, DucksFanX said:

After viewing this post from Kesler (5-20), I can't believe he will ever play hockey again. Can he be placed on LTIR and free up cap space without the possibility of his return? Or is this too much of a gamble. Not sure exactly how this works.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kesler/status/1263282292736344064/photo/1

I believe that image is from the surgery back on May 9, 2019 (more than a year ago) and that he was just using it as a visual metaphor for 2020, not to show that he has had this surgery in 2020. I'm not optimistic Kesler will play again, but the surgery that the image shows is something that other athletes have had and then returned to their sport afterwards. For example, I believe Andy Murray (tennis) was back on tour last season after having the same surgery in January 2018. He's a little younger than Kes, but I would consider tennis just as grueling or maybe even more grueling on the hips as ice hockey is. So resuming his NHL is not an impossibility. Jovanovski had the same surgery years ago and also returned to the NHL.

Bob has been longest serving Ducks GM.....to be honest I would not mind a New Leadership in Ducks GM Position Right Now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I believe that image is from the surgery back on May 9, 2019 (more than a year ago) and that he was just using it as a visual metaphor for 2020, not to show that he has had this surgery in 2020. I'm not optimistic Kesler will play again, but the surgery that the image shows is something that other athletes have had and then returned to their sport afterwards. For example, I believe Andy Murray (tennis) was back on tour last season after having the same surgery in January 2018. He's a little younger than Kes, but I would consider tennis just as grueling or maybe even more grueling on the hips as ice hockey is. So resuming his NHL is not an impossibility. Jovanovski had the same surgery years ago and also returned to the NHL.

i don't think that's correct.  kes mentioned having a procedure done in the K&J podcast (though briefly and unwilling to go into detail) at about the same time, and i think what's pictured in the tweet is a full replacement hip ball, not the cleaning out/resurfacing process they did before (if memory serves).  maybe ducksdoc can opine.

20 hours ago, Joker8 said:

I beg the differ sir, what do you call the Despres signing? Eaves was good as gone at the end of the season I could tell you he will not make it look at his history 3 year contract?  what do you call Bieksa getting two years with NTC before he made it to CA? and then we give up a talented puck moving defenseman to Vegas. Bob is a Bust I was there in day one 1993 I will always watch the ducks he needs to go. fish rotten from the heads down On June 6, 2020 we celebrated 13 years of the cup coming to CA have you seen a peep I did not.   

There was no way of knowing Despres would suffer a career ending injury. If that didn't happen his contract would have been great. 

The same with Eaves - he had injury issues in the past but there was no way of knowing he would pick up some mystery illness that would prevent him from playing again.

Bad luck doesn't equal bad management.

The Bieksa extension was crap, as was losing Theodore to Vegas in order to protect Vatanen and then trading Vatanen 25 games into the season.

19 hours ago, Fisix said:

i don't think that's correct.  kes mentioned having a procedure done in the K&J podcast (though briefly and unwilling to go into detail) at about the same time, and i think what's pictured in the tweet is a full replacement hip ball, not the cleaning out/resurfacing process they did before (if memory serves).  maybe ducksdoc can opine.

At the beginning of their final podcast (released March 8th) Kes said he had a "minor procedure" done the previous week. Then on March 20th (7 days into quarantine) he posted this: 

I'm no doctor or physical therapist, but color me doubtful that he'd be dancing like that less than three weeks after a full hip replacement (it's his right hip, btw). There are also a number of sportswriters out there who apparently also believe the photo was from 2019 (see here and here for example). 

Here also is how Johns Hopkins describes hip resurfacing:

During hip resurfacing, your surgeon makes an incision to access your hip bone and thighbone. Next, he or she trims and caps your femoral head with a smooth metal covering. Your surgeon also removes the part of the damaged bone with the hip bone socket, replacing it with a metal shell.

Based on his dancing video and what I've read about hip resurfacing, I think that's what the photo shows. 

yep, you're right.  i looked at some news reports on his hip surgery tweet (May 20), and they all make the assumption it was of his 2019 surgery.  

all that said, would really like an update on his condition, though.  the silence and the cancellation of the podcast (effectively) suck.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:51 AM, Fisix said:

yep, you're right.  i looked at some news reports on his hip surgery tweet (May 20), and they all make the assumption it was of his 2019 surgery.  

all that said, would really like an update on his condition, though.  the silence and the cancellation of the podcast (effectively) suck.

I was enjoy their Podcast...it had alot of potential for any Sports or Hockey fan to listen into.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1