The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Plans just released today, the Samuelis plan to revitalize the area around the Honda Center.

This could be great, I have been to arenas that have a 'district' around them for pre and post game, like Wrigleyville around Wrigley Field, and it is fantastic. I'm especially excited about having more hotel options within walking distance of the Pond.

https://www.ocvibe.com/

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mQlBqJs1D2A?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent

41 minutes ago, nieder said:

Plans just released today, the Samuelis plan to revitalize the area around the Honda Center.

This could be great, I have been to arenas that have a 'district' around them for pre and post game, like Wrigleyville around Wrigley Field, and it is fantastic. I'm especially excited about having more hotel options within walking distance of the Pond.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mQlBqJs1D2A?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent

LOVE IT!! from the concept this looks amazing but the idea is like...20 years too late haha it's about time they create a whole atmosphere around the honda center! Ticket sales will go way up and will attendance. I love this idea so much! No longer will Ponda be in the middle of nowhere! This is just an all around great thing...I'm sure there's something negative about it...but...i love it! I hope it comes through like this...super excited!

22 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

LOVE IT!! from the concept this looks amazing but the idea is like...20 years too late haha it's about time they create a whole atmosphere around the honda center! Ticket sales will go way up and will attendance. I love this idea so much! No longer will Ponda be in the middle of nowhere! This is just an all around great thing...I'm sure there's something negative about it...but...i love it! I hope it comes through like this...super excited!

EDIT: 27 years too late*

Also, 2024 or 2025 Stanley Cup Champs anyone? :P 

5 hours ago, nieder said:

Love It and watching that Vid I am drawn even Closer to the Ponda and CAN'T WAIT to see it soon...Kudos to the Samueli's ar creating Atmosphere around the Ducks and the Ponda...I AM FIRED UP to see it Live.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

hmm.  color me less optimistic.  i like that the crosswalk along the north side of Katella won't be an issue, but aside from that, I see really Dehydrated Donkey Dungty parking options.

when i look at pre/post game business around both the pond and Anaheim stadium... i don't see enough clientele to support the pictured businesses, except for maybe Saturday and Sunday hockey games.  i don't think that's enough to keep places like that in business over any serious period of time.  

frankly, i'd be happy with some kind of people-bridge over the now-crosswalks and be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

hmm.  color me less optimistic.  i like that the crosswalk along the north side of Katella won't be an issue, but aside from that, I see really Dehydrated Donkey Dungty parking options.

when i look at pre/post game business around both the pond and Anaheim stadium... i don't see enough clientele to support the pictured businesses, except for maybe Saturday and Sunday hockey games.  i don't think that's enough to keep places like that in business over any serious period of time.  

frankly, i'd be happy with some kind of people-bridge over the now-crosswalks and be done.

alright, i took a longer look.  i guess with the hotels and business space, somewhere in there are a ton of parking spaces, maybe underground or something.  If it's truly office space, then i guess there's going to be business during the week (when covid lets up).

i am astounded they got $3B for that project.  it's an aggressive plan, hope all the investment is tied down.  they should break ground like, yesterday, and get the hard stuff done before the season doesn't start.

And this helps the team in scoring or in top 2 defensemen how?   I don’t want to hear about spending money on the land outside the arena.  I want to hear about plans to spend money inside the locker room. 

This is planned right on top of existing parking space for Honda Center. They must be building a parking structure as well.

And more residential too eh? Crazy, that whole part of Anaheim is inundated with new residential buildings all around that area. Traffic is going to be INSANE even when there is no Honda Center event. 

13 hours ago, Fisix said:

alright, i took a longer look.  i guess with the hotels and business space, somewhere in there are a ton of parking spaces, maybe underground or something.  If it's truly office space, then i guess there's going to be business during the week (when covid lets up).

i am astounded they got $3B for that project.  it's an aggressive plan, hope all the investment is tied down.  they should break ground like, yesterday, and get the hard stuff done before the season doesn't start.

it's tourism money. Tourism and real estate 100%. the tourism industry is HUGE (while right now obviously taking a huge hit) but when covid is basically all but gone (in reality) tourism is going to be huge and this will bring in a lot of money. it's worth the investment.

11 hours ago, DT2008 said:

And this helps the team in scoring or in top 2 defensemen how?   I don’t want to hear about spending money on the land outside the arena.  I want to hear about plans to spend money inside the locker room. 

I don't FULLY know the way they spend money on the team, but I would guess something like this helps offset the money the team (I believe?) has been losing each year and can then support the team in making more financially crazy gambles on how they spend money. Also, get a more consistent sellout record in attendance, players notice that. Have you seen how many make fun of Florida for their attendance? lol

It could also go the other way -- where they see sellouts despite team performance so don't think it's worth spending a lot of money. But since we don't know yet, I would rather be optimistic haha 

Edited by Jasoaks

Not a big fan at all of parking garages. Time will tell I guess.

Remember back in the day when you could park at Anaheim Stadium (the big A lot) and take a shuttle bus from there to the Honda Center (Arrowhead Pond back then), then back again again after the game? We did that for every game. It was like a party bus, especially after a win. Wish they would bring that back. 

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

it's tourism money. Tourism and real estate 100%. the tourism industry is HUGE (while right now obviously taking a huge hit) but when covid is basically all but gone (in reality) tourism is going to be huge and this will bring in a lot of money. it's worth the investment.

my initial response is: tourists don't go to Angels or Ducks games (not in any great numbers), they get swallowed by Disneyland... which is surrounded by endless hotels and eating establishments.

for me, the only thing going for this venture is that it's right at the orange crush, so there's a ton of local traffic that can swing by, in addition to potentially being a decent place to live and have easy freeway access (well, aside from the combustion engine particulate issues - slightly lessening over time as vehicles switch to electric). 

34 minutes ago, Fisix said:

my initial response is: tourists don't go to Angels or Ducks games (not in any great numbers), they get swallowed by Disneyland... which is surrounded by endless hotels and eating establishments.

for me, the only thing going for this venture is that it's right at the orange crush, so there's a ton of local traffic that can swing by, in addition to potentially being a decent place to live and have easy freeway access (well, aside from the combustion engine particulate issues - slightly lessening over time as vehicles switch to electric). 

Oh yeah, definitely. Tourists wont be going to the games...but they'll be going to all of these places that are outside of the stadiums and bringing in a lot more money there. But if this is owned by the Samuelis...they'll be getting the money it brings in, my assumption? I could be wrong about that, though.

10 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Oh yeah, definitely. Tourists wont be going to the games...but they'll be going to all of these places that are outside of the stadiums and bringing in a lot more money there. But if this is owned by the Samuelis...they'll be getting the money it brings in, my assumption? I could be wrong about that, though.

I honestly am Interested to see what this OCvibe will look like...At First it looks to be as if the Ducks are creating their own City in Anaheim...But I hope this turns out well for the Citizens in Anaheim and for Locals in Orange County. It looks so much like a scene from Star Trek.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 6/24/2020 at 10:45 PM, DT2008 said:

It's not like they can redirect the money buy a #1 overall pick.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, MooseDuck said:

I honestly am Interested to see what this OCvibe will look like...At First it looks to be as if the Ducks are creating their own City in Anaheim...But I hope this turns out well for the Citizens in Anaheim and for Locals in Orange County. It looks so much like a scene from Star Trek.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

if it's anything like the revitalization they did within the Pond, ug.  still, we can hope they enlist a decent amenities designer.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, Fisix said:

if it's anything like the revitalization they did within the Pond, ug.  still, we can hope they enlist a decent amenities designer.

You know I though of a idea that Ducks could have...would not hurt if they have Statues of Players that contributed to our team...Ducks Legend Teemu Selanne,Paul Kariya even JS Giguere and Guy Hebert...Also include Local Heros who make OC Great.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

it's a nice thought, but it's a lot like what's going on outside Staples.  Teemu deserves it, for sure.

maybe that's best for after we see how they do with the ocvibe thing.

On 6/24/2020 at 4:24 PM, Jasoaks said:

EDIT: 27 years too late*

Also, 2024 or 2025 Stanley Cup Champs anyone? :P 

That is abit too sooner there Jasoaks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck