The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

I hope the Sens win with the SJ pick.  But the chance that a team playing in the “playoffs” is hot garbage. 

This league is a joke. Teams with no chance of winning the cup will just throw the first round for a chance at number 1.  12.5% chance at number 1 or a negligible chance at winning the cup.   Who thought this up?

Edited by DT2008
  • Like 1

This lottery is soo rigged. After the NHL got Edm all squared away with #1 picks it’s time to look at what other big market teams like LA can benefit from the rigging. So p-I-s-s-e-d

12 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

Does anyone really trust a system where they don’t show the actual ball selection live? 

This has ALWAYS been absurd. Proof it’s rigged. Just a way to boost whatever team they want which will project more money for them

• Like 2

Well I’m sure there is a 4th line winger or 3rd pairing right handed shot defenseman at 6 that we can snap up.   But hey, at least we’re getting apartments in the parking lot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

Does anyone really trust a system where they don’t show the actual ball selection live? 

just give it to

On 6/11/2020 at 11:22 AM, nieder said:

They recently had 6 straight playoff appearances including 2 trips to the Western Conference Finals. One of which they were up 3 games to 2 and should have gone on to win. Murray put together some good teams. They also finished last in the division in 2011-2012 before turning things around, so Bob has already been in this situation before. There's plenty to be critical of Murray about but there's no real evidence to back up your assertion that the Ducks will not be a contender with him in control.

In saying that, it seems like every year he comes out and throws players, the leadership, the coaching under the bus. At what point does this fall back on him? I would have liked to see a fresh start this last off season with a new GM and new coach. 

they need another 1st overall 

Only in the broken NHL would you see several legitimately bad teams drop to make room for a playoff quality team that hasn't even been determined yet to select first overall. Sorry but everything about this seems sketchy. The process wasn't televised and having a round robin team (or whatever they're calling it) win does nothing but add intrigue for the next process of hockey when it starts up again. Whatever I guess. Welcome to Anaheim generic defensively responsible Swede with limited offensive upside. At least we didn't put up a historically woeful season only to end up getting thrown out the top 3 altogether. I actually feel bad for Detroit and that's not an easy feat.

Well if I thought it was fixed...Detroit would have been #1.  Who didn't think an orig 6 team wasn't going to be #1?

4 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

So, Black Hawks or Oilers get the first round pick? Classic NHL

Montreal, home town boy!  

Just now, WolfgangDuck said:

Well if I thought it was fixed...Detroit would have been #1.  Who didn't think an orig 6 team wasn't going to be #1?

Toronto, Chicago, Montreal and New York are all in the mix for 1st overall now. I don't gamble much but I'd feel pretty comfortable placing a bet that one of those teams ends up winning it.

• Like 1

sigh.  i was hoping for better news for us, and worse news for the kings.  the result doesn't seem right.  i guess we can hope for karma and for the league admin to all get booted in 6 months.

i guess Toronto can still get the number 1 pick.

SIGH.

Edited by Fisix

1 hour ago, DT2008 said:

What a bunch of garbage 

Tell me this isn't rigged. My money is on  Montreal snagging the number one pick now. F this lottery system and F the Kings.

• Like 1

Ducks Picking 6th Overall for the 2nd time in their History....Let's keep in mind Ducks have pick a Good Defencmen 8 years ago....Hampus Lindholm at 6th Overall. However I think the Lottery is Disappointment and Disservice to Alexis Lafreniere. It's Tradition no1 rank Player be watching  Lottery knowing where they go till Draft Day when it's Official.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Just now, MooseDuck said:

Ducks Picking 6th Overall for the 2nd time in their History....Let's keep in mind Ducks have pick a Good Defencmen 8 years ago....Hampus Lindholm at 6th Overall. However I think the Lottery is Disappointment and Disservice to Alexis Lafreniere. It's Tradition no1 rank Player be watching  Lottery knowing where they go till Draft Day when it's Official.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Thing is.. Ducks need forwards who can score goals at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Shadowduck said:

Thing is.. Ducks need forwards who can score goals at this point.

I have list of few Players who Ducks can get and select...it will be up next week.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Oh my god, it isn't rigged. The results of this lottery suck, suck a a whoooollee fuuucking lot...but it's not rigged. Don't like the Kings get #2...jesus but some potentially playoff bound team like PITTSBURGH could get the #1 now?? ugggghhh...it makes me sick.

I didn't watch it live, but it sounds like they didn't even televise the balls being picked? I've never liked that. Full transparency would be helpful

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

What do you guys think of Holtz? Or Rossi instead of Drysdale? 

I love Holtz. Could really mesh with Zegras 

• Like 1