The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DT2008

Lottery

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

If Drysdale is gonna be another Makar....hm...I think I could be ok with that lol

I like the idea, but if he's projected to be the next Makar then I don't see Detroit or Ottawa, especially Ottawa at #5, passing on him. For Drysdale to be available, Detroit would likely need to select Perfetti, who they are "reportedly" high on and plays juniors in Michigan. They also selected a RHD at #6 in Sieder last year. My guess is that Ottawa takes him at #5 unless they are more enamored with another forward like Rossi (who plays for the Ottawa 67's) or maybe even Raymond. If the first 5 picks are Lafreiniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, and Drysdale, then I wouldn't mind trying to trade down and ultimately end up with two picks in the top-15. That is assuming that Murray isn't floored on a particular player, which he probably already is lol

23 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I like the idea, but if he's projected to be the next Makar then I don't see Detroit or Ottawa, especially Ottawa at #5, passing on him. For Drysdale to be available, Detroit would likely need to select Perfetti, who they are "reportedly" high on and plays juniors in Michigan. They also selected a RHD at #6 in Sieder last year. My guess is that Ottawa takes him at #5 unless they are more enamored with another forward like Rossi (who plays for the Ottawa 67's) or maybe even Raymond. If the first 5 picks are Lafreiniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, and Drysdale, then I wouldn't mind trying to trade down and ultimately end up with two picks in the top-15. That is assuming that Murray isn't floored on a particular player, which he probably already is lol

Just wondering if Bob can trade up...Nothing WRONG with TRADING UP.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The Bruins are on the verge of elimination. Our pick could be as high as 23 give or take. I know Bob does not think that way, but we can use it to draft someone or trade for a "younger veteran" to support the new graduates we will have on the bench.

44 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

The Bruins are on the verge of elimination. Our pick could be as high as 23 give or take. I know Bob does not think that way, but we can use it to draft someone or trade for a "younger veteran" to support the new graduates we will have on the bench.

Our pick from Boston can't be any higher than 27th overall. Boston won the President's trophy and draft slots are based on regular season standings that don't get reconfigured until after the second round.

17 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Our pick from Boston can't be any higher than 27th overall. Boston won the President's trophy and draft slots are based on regular season standings that don't get reconfigured until after the second round.

And with that pick...I'm not really sold on anyone in that area of the draft...but I am really liking Jake Neighbors...even though he's at 30...I like him more than what I've seen with players slated around him.

Still, Tampa has to eliminate Boston before we can officially get that pick haha

11 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

And with that pick...I'm not really sold on anyone in that area of the draft...but I am really liking Jake Neighbors...even though he's at 30...I like him more than what I've seen with players slated around him.

Still, Tampa has to eliminate Boston before we can officially get that pick haha

Yeah, I think it also depends on who we select at #6. If we don't take Holtz then taking a chance on more of a pure shooter like Jacob Perreault or John Peterka might be worth it. Also, I'd bet a fair amount of money that Murray will take a D with either the Boston pick or our #36 pick if he doesn't get Drysdale. (Schneider, Faber, Grans and Niemela) are all guys that could go in that range. Assuming he doesn't move any of those picks.

Of course, I'd also be completely on board to trade the Boston pick and #36 pick to move up in the draft and land a more pure goal scorer like Quinn or Gunler. If we walked away with some combination of Rossi/Drysdale and Gunler/Quinn then I'd be floored lol

3 hours ago, Joker8 said:

You suggesting our Ducks use that pick to get a Younger Veteran...Let see if there is one I think Ducks should go after it's Drouin.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

You suggesting our Ducks use that pick to get a Younger Veteran...Let see if there is one I think Ducks should go after it's Drouin.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I was suggesting we trade it for some leadership I would love to see JG Pageau in a duck uniform we need a natural goal score. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:10 PM, Joker8 said:

I was suggesting we trade it for some leadership I would love to see JG Pageau in a duck uniform we need a natural goal score. 

JG would be good..Don't if Ducks get Laine.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, Jasoaks said:

Neighbors is great, I've watched him play a lot here in Edmonton. I would love to see Anaheim take him just because I'm a fan of the kid....but my head says he's a second rounder. If he's still there at #36 overall I would take him.

19 hours ago, nieder said:

Neighbors is great, I've watched him play a lot here in Edmonton. I would love to see Anaheim take him just because I'm a fan of the kid....but my head says he's a second rounder. If he's still there at #36 overall I would take him.

Yeah, it'll be very interesting to see what hte GMs do...I was reading an article about it and it was saying not to be surprised after the 10th pick to see some GMs go off the board a bit...but the top 10 are basically in line...some can be exchanged with each other, but they're all pretty solid. Makes me think this isn't a draft worth trying to trade up in...6, 27, 36 will give us some good options as some players will probably drop.

Interesting thing now is NHL Draft is weeks away....Countdown is Official begun for the Ducks Draft Day and NHL.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

lol.  i totally spaced on us having signed DAVID BACKES at some point.

One year deal with discount?...perhaps.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

we have him through this next season... but our cap space is currently at $500,000.  

Eaves is off the books, so all we currently can do to make room for another contract is trade something substantial or use Kesler's LTIR for ~$7M. 

if we want Grant back (we do!), and we get to resign Miller, we'll need to make some room for them too.  That would bring the roster to 23, I believe.  that's probably about $3M total, which only leaves us $4.5 for signing (without dropping anything).

there's probably some room in there to move players up and down to open up the cap another couple million, but even so, that's a TON of money for a team that didn't make the playoffs last season.

when you look at it that way, i could see us shedding some players for picks.

Uber-trade?  Getz, Manson, and Kesler(LTIR) to Toronto for Marner, with possibly an additional sweetener.  Could only work if Getz agreed to drop his blanket NMC, and if Toronto is NOT on Manson's no-trade-list. that's probably a pipe dream for a number of reasons.  They need a player like Getz if they want the puck next year, with the group they have now, and they need to shore up their atrocious D.  we need a rebuilding superstar, and Marner is probably close enough.  if we make it through to the ED with some cap space and core talent intact (or switched for new core talent), we purchase some additional talent and start rolling good.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

we have him through this next season... but our cap space is currently at $500,000.  

Eaves is off the books, so all we currently can do to make room for another contract is trade something substantial or use Kesler's LTIR for ~$7M. 

if we want Grant back (we do!), and we get to resign Miller, we'll need to make some room for them too.  That would bring the roster to 23, I believe.  that's probably about $3M total, which only leaves us $4.5 for signing (without dropping anything).

there's probably some room in there to move players up and down to open up the cap another couple million, but even so, that's a TON of money for a team that didn't make the playoffs last season.

when you look at it that way, i could see us shedding some players for picks.

Uber-trade?  Getz, Manson, and Kesler(LTIR) to Toronto for Marner, with possibly an additional sweetener.  Could only work if Getz agreed to drop his blanket NMC, and if Toronto is NOT on Manson's no-trade-list. that's probably a pipe dream for a number of reasons.  They need a player like Getz if they want the puck next year, with the group they have now, and they need to shore up their atrocious D.  we need a rebuilding superstar, and Marner is probably close enough.  if we make it through to the ED with some cap space and core talent intact (or switched for new core talent), we purchase some additional talent and start rolling good.

IF that happens I might as well Teleport to Anaheim and Back...lol.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, Fisix said:

lol.  i totally spaced on us having signed DAVID BACKES at some point.

Oh man, I completely forgot about him to the point where I had to google it to confirm that your post wasn't just some satirical dig at BM's passion for dumpster diving in search of overpaid grit. Wow what a miserable season.

On a side note, imagine how insane our current centre depth would've looked in 2011 in the days before Getzlaf, Kesler & Backes all had maybe one healthy lower body between the three of them. I wonder if Selanne still has the keys to that time machine?

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, PetrSykora said:

Oh man, I completely forgot about him to the point where I had to google it to confirm that your post wasn't just some satirical dig at BM's passion for dumpster diving in search of overpaid grit. Wow what a miserable season.

On a side note, imagine how insane our current centre depth would've looked in 2011 in the days before Getzlaf, Kesler & Backes all had maybe one healthy lower body between the three of them. I wonder if Selanne still has the keys to that time machine?

That WOULD be AWESOME.....Centre Depth would be our Ducks Great advantage in 2011.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

Now that Stanley Cup is over...time for DRAFT!

Who knows what our Ducks Do...One thing is Certain they will take a C/RW or RHD at 6th overall.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 8/15/2020 at 2:45 PM, MooseDuck said:

I would too....Ducks should trade up to get Drysdale.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Unfortunately, Bob Murry is not a GM who has the guts to pull the trigger on fireworks. It did not happen in the past 10 years it will not happen now.

3 hours ago, Joker8 said:

Unfortunately, Bob Murry is not a GM who has the guts to pull the trigger on fireworks. It did not happen in the past 10 years it will not happen now.

Sadly you are right.....I mean...Ducks M.O has always been to stand Pat....I even mention it on my YT Channel on the Ducks Strategy.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 10/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, ScientificLance said:

Draft is around the corner. Wondering what the Ducks will select...or perhaps trade down? 

we have a GM with No Plan. like ones one said no one plan to fail but plenty fail to plan. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

we have a GM with No Plan. like ones one said no one plan to fail but plenty fail to plan. 

More likely Ducks will continue with "Developing Within" Strategy...yep something all Ducks Fans have to deal with.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

More likely Ducks will continue with "Developing Within" Strategy...yep something all Ducks Fans have to deal with.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Accountability is not the strongest attribute of the club we support. 

1 minute ago, Joker8 said:

Accountability is not the strongest attribute of the club we support. 

When you got alot of young guys that are the same age as our Ducks...or were born when our team was 5 years old...yep accountability is not strong considering the Youth that has tendency to be laidback at times.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 minute ago, MooseDuck said:

When you got alot of young guys that are the same age as our Ducks...or were born when our team was 5 years old...yep accountability is not strong considering the Youth that has tendency to be laidback at times.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I was referring to our current front office. Fish rotten from the heads down I was there at game one in 1993 

Just now, Joker8 said:

I was referring to our current front office. Fish rotten from the heads down I was there at game one in 1993 

Sorry my bad....though you talk about the abundance of youth our Ducks have......understand one thing...Ducks have alot of folks from 1990's during the early years.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck