The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Hey hockey nerds, good to be back!

10 days till the playoffs start. Not sure if anyone is interested in doing the bracket. I'm not going to keep track of it but if a handsome enterprising individual want's to handle it. =D

Personally, I'm torn over the playoffs for two reasons. The first being, I kinda want both Colorado and St. Louis to win. Alas, only one team can win that series.

And secondly, for roughly the past 15 years. The Anaheim Ducks have curb stomped all of Western Canada's hopes and dreams of a Stanley Cup. Now we have a playoffs with no Ducks and 4 Western Canadian teams. The horror!

[edited] Because it's 3:23AM and spelling is hard!

Edited by FlyingCoffeeTables

Not sure which I have less interest in.  The Non-NHL players Olympics or the let’s get Canada a Stanley Cup playoff 2020.  Why didn’t they just end the season?

On 7/27/2020 at 1:14 PM, yeaitsme said:

Rooting for Dallas in the West, Philly in the East 

Yeah part of me is rooting for Dallas too...in the East I have a soft spot for Boston... Kase/Ritchie (if Kase plays) hosting the cup would be kinda cool to see.

But also, like, I kinda want Montreal to go all the way haha 'cause that would be the most hilarious thing and might as well happen.... #2020

Also! Anyone else watching the games?? I think they're piping in fans reactions/noise...I think that's really cool!! I'd love to be the guy controlling that. Have some boos...have some refs you suck chants...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah part of me is rooting for Dallas too...in the East I have a soft spot for Boston... Kase/Ritchie (if Kase plays) hosting the cup would be kinda cool to see.

But also, like, I kinda want Montreal to go all the way haha 'cause that would be the most hilarious thing and might as well happen.... #2020

Also! Anyone else watching the games?? I think they're piping in fans reactions/noise...I think that's really cool!! I'd love to be the guy controlling that. Have some boos...have some refs you suck chants...

I think they actually might just be playing it for our benefit...the TV viewer...that's unfortunate! they should be piping that through the arena speakers!

12 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I hope Boston loses. Our 1st round pick from them improves the earlier they exit the playoffs. No?

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

I hope Boston loses. Our 1st round pick from them improves the earlier they exit the playoffs. No?

oh yes, I also want them to lose int he first round haha but also I forgot about Grant...so Philly yeah....

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

how do we watch these games?  i haven't found them on tv yet...

I have NHL Center Ice or NHL TV or whatever it is called now. Don't think it's on national TV yet. Not sure though.

• Like 1

Been watching the Caps game.. Tom Wilson knows how to hockey. Garbage ethics, but those 2 big Russians love him. I’m so happy hockey is back !

On 7/27/2020 at 1:14 PM, yeaitsme said:

Rooting for Dallas in the West, Philly in the East 

I got a deep rooted dislike for Dallas. Hard to like anything about them. Everything that was and will be, is trash on that team. Sorry... Perry. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fisix said:

NBCSN is the usual carrier for all things NHL at the national level. Unfortunately that means an extra package with your cable provider. It's only the Stanley Cup Finals that actually get shown on basic networks like, NBC. (for several games)

13 hours ago, poum said:

NBCSN is the usual carrier for all things NHL at the national level. Unfortunately that means an extra package with your cable provider. It's only the Stanley Cup Finals that actually get shown on basic networks like, NBC. (for several games)

such a bad decision.  NBCSN should go for a larger audience by either broadcasting as much as they can on NBC or subletting rights back out to regional sports networks or even other channels - could probably make a lot of cash in an auction/bidding set up, and then split the cash with the NHL.

soooo greedy and cutting off their nose to spite their face.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:00 AM, Fisix said:

So NBCSN has most of them , but NBC has games as well. Should be easy to find if you have basic cable. Been using NHLTV for 3 years now and I must say that it is your best bet. I think it’s only like 4.99 atm to watch playoff games. Well worth it 

I feel like whoever gets out of the play-in round will go far simply because they had more time to build a rhythm. Sort of like how the Devils went 7 against the Senators in 2003 and then lit up a Mighty Ducks team that had a lengthy break for embarrassing the Wild in 4.

Sign me on for Canadiens 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I feel like whoever gets out of the play-in round will go far simply because they had more time to build a rhythm. Sort of like how the Devils went 7 against the Senators in 2003 and then lit up a Mighty Ducks team that had a lengthy break for embarrassing the Wild in 4.

EXACTLY

For me, it's simple to root for the Habs...

It's 2020....what's the most annoying thing to happen? Couple that with...ugh...the Pens getting the #1 pick............... 

18 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

The other teams are playing too, though.  There isn't as much emotional investment, I guess, but they'll still have time to build a rhythm.

15 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Hawks/Canes looking pretty solid!....Panthers...ugh...look pretty bad.

Agreed. The Canes/Rangers game was great, it had everything. It made me sad watching the Vatman quarterbacking their PP though. I remember all the way back to two years ago when we rivaled Carolina with our defensive depth, but oh man, they are so stacked on blueline. 

We'll know that the NHL is truly back if Edmonton loses to Chicago and then gets the 1st overall pick.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Agreed. The Canes/Rangers game was great, it had everything. It made me sad watching the Vatman quarterbacking their PP though. I remember all the way back to two years ago when we rivaled Carolina with our defensive depth, but oh man, they are so stacked on blueline. 

We'll know that the NHL is truly back if Edmonton loses to Chicago and then gets the 1st overall pick.

Yeah, SAME about Vats...yeah, honestly, the Canes look pretty legit...minus goaltending.

Also, wow did the Pens look meh last night. I mean Price showed up, but the Pens PP was just really bland. I couldn't believe they couldn't get anything going on that extended 5 on 3...also, Suzuki... damn. Future Selke right there. You can see he's gonna really develop well.

27 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, SAME about Vats...yeah, honestly, the Canes look pretty legit...minus goaltending.

Also, wow did the Pens look meh last night. I mean Price showed up, but the Pens PP was just really bland. I couldn't believe they couldn't get anything going on that extended 5 on 3...also, Suzuki... damn. Future Selke right there. You can see he's gonna really develop well.

Yeah, Suzuki has been very good and has some real potential. Definitely helps Montreal's future after getting him in the Pacioretty trade. Hope Murray is taking notes lol. Not too worried about the Pens, unless they lose Game 2, I think they just have too much firepower for Montreal to overcome. That said, Go Habs!

Really liking the Coyotes putting a hurting on the Preds early on.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, Suzuki has been very good and has some real potential. Definitely helps Montreal's future after getting him in the Pacioretty trade. Hope Murray is taking notes lol. Not too worried about the Pens, unless they lose Game 2, I think they just have too much firepower for Montreal to overcome. That said, Go Habs!

Really liking the Coyotes putting a hurting on the Preds early on.

Haha man if the Habs are willing to deal him...yes, get him! or Kostkaniemi...

But yeah I agree about the Pens, but man, Price can keep it up...the Habs have ENOUGH talent to get by if Price steals each game...

And yep! God do I hate Duchene especially...go Yotes! Although sad to see Taylor Hall's #1 pick streak end :P 

Not gonna lie...I kinda low key want the Preds to win the cup so their first cup run/win wasn't in front of any of their fans... :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Not gonna lie...I kinda low key want the Preds to win the cup so their first cup run/win wasn't in front of any of their fans... :ph34r:

This is the kind of stuf that should get people banned. Not ever under any circumstances should one want the preds to win The Cup :lol:

Seriously though, no preds, no flames and just because it's funny no leafs. I have a soft spot for the Avs and y'all gonna hate this the Bruins :ph34r: But with The Ducks' best interests in mind I'd rather have them go out early this year.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

This is the kind of stuf that should get people banned. Not ever under any circumstances should one want the preds to win The Cup :lol:

Seriously though, no preds, no flames and just because it's funny no leafs. I have a soft spot for the Avs and y'all gonna hate this the Bruins :ph34r: But with The Ducks' best interests in mind I'd rather have them go out early this year.

haha I dunno...having the preds win without any of their fans being able to experience it or watch it live...or like...be there for the energy...or get to do any of their dumb car smashing or fish throwing weird things...it would be like they weren't involved at all...and almost like if anything, the fans made it WORST for their team...i feel like that can be way more painful lol

But i hear ya! Honestly, I think the Bruins might not be as strong as I thought...I mean, no Rask, Kase, Ritchie....(mostly just no Rask)...I'm definitely being a Philly fan right now. Avs look solid...but I'm just not realllly convinced yet Grubauer is ready to be THAT goalie. Leafs look drained...Freddie played amazing...but Matthews looked like he just didn't care. They got outcoached.

9 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I read the first sentence and vigorously clicked the like button.

...then I read that garbage about the Bruins and took it back.  I think it would make me physically ill to root for a team with Brad Marchand on it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think the Bruins might not be as strong as I thought...I mean, no Rask, Kase, Ritchie....(mostly just no Rask)....

What's up with Ritchie and Kase?

25 minutes ago, Fisix said:

What's up with Ritchie and Kase?

I have no idea...if it was like...not quarantining correctly or not feeling good or something...I'm not sure...but it actually looks like they'll both be in Wednesday...but still no Rask.

i'll just put this here:

either i'm blind, or it's weird that there isn't a link to click on that takes you directly to the NHL dot COM site from the Duck's home page.