The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
FlyingCoffeeTables

2020 Playoffs

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

oh ho!  what the heck happened to Dallas in the third period?

I don't know...it's Round Robin at least...I don't really care about those...home ice means like nothing right now...even more so than usually. Unless they STOP playing the goal horns/celebrations for the away team...seriously...they need "boos" to give more home ice advantage!

I've been watching the Oil/Hawks game....ugh they've been VERY exciting...Chicago showed up. And of course...Edmonton has McDavid...

14 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I read the first sentence and vigorously clicked the like button.

...then I read that garbage about the Bruins and took it back.  I think it would make me physically ill to root for a team with Brad Marchand on it.

I know but they also have Bergeron, Pastrnak, McAvoy and now Kase. So many things to like but I agree on Marchand. That side of his game is ugly.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:33 PM, Jasoaks said:

Not gonna lie...I kinda low key want the Preds to win the cup so their first cup run/win wasn't in front of any of their fans... :ph34r:

I'm generally not the person who should be asking if a poster is drunk as I'm usually the drunk, but holy hell, are you drunk? Wishing well on the Preds is a huge No, No.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I read the first sentence and vigorously clicked the like button.

...then I read that garbage about the Bruins and took it back.  I think it would make me physically ill to root for a team with Brad Marchand on it.

I was texting a buddy of mine earlier, he's a fan of those chumps in black n' silver. He was saying something like "the rat scored". In my mind I was like "Baaaasssstan didn't play today". He was calling Perry the rat. How you can call someone in the League a rat when a Marchand exists is beyond me. But Kings fans, what are you gonna do.

Edited by FlyingCoffeeTables
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I know but they also have Bergeron, Pastrnak, McAvoy and now Kase. So many things to like but I agree on Marchand. That side of his game is ugly.

Do you think the NHL had a specific conversation with Marchand about like...licking...considering the whole pandemic and everything? And maybe threw in spitting just for good measure?

3 hours ago, FlyingCoffeeTables said:

I'm generally not the person who should be asking if a poster is drunk as I'm usually the drunk, but holy hell, are you drunk? Wishing well on the Preds is a huge No, No.

...maybe....lol but i feel my logic was still kinda there...like, it's not so much wishing well on the Preds but more so ill-well towards their fans...like, honestly, any team losing in this playoffs will have so many ways to be "ok" with the loss..."no fans, it wasn't the same" "got to leave the bubble sooner and be with family" "it was too weird" "qualifying round messed it up" or whatever...but like the team that wins...there will ALWAYS be an asterisk next to it (even if they don't want to admit it)...it wasn't REALLY the way to win...it took a very specific scenario...the qualifying round took out a good team...or tired out other teams...or round robin teams weren't as ready...etc...and then the thought of a team lifting the cup up in front of ZERO fans. It will feel like winning the championship in a pick-up league. The electric energy of people screaming and cheering and yelling and all of that will be missing. It wont feel the same as all the other cup wins. And I felt kinda sad about it...how horrible that would be for the team/fans especially. So then I went to...man wouldn't that be something. The one time the Preds lift the cup it's looked down upon as not a "real" run AND NOT ONE PREDS FAN gets to be there to experience it. Experience something that would be a memory they would have forever. Nope. Not one fan would get to feel it. And the team wouldn't get to feel that energy either.

Anyway, that's where my mind was at lol

I know I should be glad hockey is back but Coyotes vs. Predaturds was legitimately the worst playoff series I have ever watched the first time it happened back in 2012 and I don't think I can put myself through that again

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

I know I should be glad hockey is back but Coyotes vs. Predaturds was legitimately the worst playoff series I have ever watched the first time it happened back in 2012 and I don't think I can put myself through that again

Yeah it's not a great series...2 teams fumbling their way through...so far for the Qualifying games Canes, Oilers, and Hawks have looked the most complete/ready to play. Everyone else has looked like they just aren't ready yet or really connecting on plays etc...I haven't watched every team yet though...I actually haven't seen the Wild/Canucks games yet.

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

Yeaaaaah, still kinda irritated with 2012. Thanks for sucking Coyotes! Kings vs Coyotes for the Western Conference was the worst.

Hockey isn't kinda to me right now. F'ing Toronto made Columbus look stupid.

And apparently Lucic is still a thing? Forgot he existed. Calgary and Winnipeg, impossible to root for one or the other. Go team meteor?

57 minutes ago, FlyingCoffeeTables said:

Holy crap, I'm so out of the loop. Vatanen AND Gardiner are on the same team? What the what!?

haha right?! I forgot about Vats till the playoffs started....

curious to see if Gardiner screws over the Canes like he kept doing with the Leafs...

Love having hockey back. Missin my Ducks though. But I got to say almost every team has a once upon a time Duck player on the team. Kind of makes you wonder if B M hasn’t traded off a Stanley Cup winning team in the last 6 years. 

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

haha right?! I forgot about Vats till the playoffs started....

curious to see if Gardiner screws over the Canes like he kept doing with the Leafs...

Wait, what!? Did Gardner screw the Leafs? 

6 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If only we had drafted Aho instead of Larsson in 2015!!

I'm still kinda upset about the 2005 draft. Ducks got jobbed! We had a Crosby in the pocket! But we got a Bobby Ryan as a consolation prize.   

6 hours ago, MissNoSeven said:

Love having hockey back. Missin my Ducks though. But I got to say almost every team has a once upon a time Duck player on the team. Kind of makes you wonder if B M hasn’t traded off a Stanley Cup winning team in the last 6 years. 

Okay, I'll bite. Who in the hell do think there was a trade in the last six years when you think about a dude "that is the player who's gonna win this team a Cup!!"

43 minutes ago, poum said:

Hahaha, seriously, if Gardner screwed the Leafs that's gold. I got a new PC, work laptop and new phone and my Poum account is a defunct email. So I created a new username. But the crazy thing is, Poum still logged on my PC. Which... weird.

6 hours ago, poum said:

I'm still kinda upset about the 2005 draft. Ducks got jobbed! We had a Crosby in the pocket! But we got a Bobby Ryan as a consolation prize.   

Yeah, that was tough. If the Penguins are on the brink of bankruptcy then they will get the 1st overall pick for a generational all-time great player (Lemieux/Crosby). 

I’m bummed now that we could have had Aho!

8 hours ago, poum said:

Yeah! Like two game 7s in consecutive years (i believe consecutive) Gardiner just had BAD turn overs which if i'm remembering correctly resulted in goals...he was such a liability for them in Game 7s

15 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If only we had drafted Aho instead of Larsson in 2015!!

ugh...I don't want to know that was an option lol

But like, honestly, I still wonder about the development of our young players...I'm wondering if there's an issue with the way we develop players...I dunno.

8 hours ago, poum said:

Okay, I'll bite. Who in the hell do think there was a trade in the last six years when you think about a dude "that is the player who's gonna win this team a Cup!!"

Granted we had not traded off any "stars" but it appears we have traded off our fair share of good supporting role players like Wagner, Vatanen, and Pettersson to name a couple.  More of a "deep thoughts" comment on I wonder if the Ducks would be better today if they had just held on to some of these supporting players.  Some really good teams have picked them up and are playing them.

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

ugh...I don't want to know that was an option lol

But like, honestly, I still wonder about the development of our young players...I'm wondering if there's an issue with the way we develop players...I dunno.

Larsson went 8 spots ahead of Aho. It stings lol

It’s a very fair question when looking at forwards and scoring. Unfortunately, Murray is still GM.

Maybe it’s just me, but man is Connor McDavid such a boring player to watch. I know he has insane talent, generational really, but I remember so many Crosby plays or Lemieux plays. McDavid just winds it up, skates by everyone And roofs it every single time. I know that requires tons of talent, just super boring to watch for me. 

sigh...I wish we got Kirby Dach....him and Cozens I was really hoping somehow we got one of them lol (i'm happy with Zegras too, to be fair lol) just Dach looking pretty good right now

So are both 12 seeds going to upset the 5 seeds?  You know if that happens that either Pittsburgh or Edmonton is going to win the lottery for Lafraniere.

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

So are both 12 seeds going to upset the 5 seeds?  You know if that happens that either Pittsburgh or Edmonton is going to win the lottery for Lafraniere.

Don't rule out the devils. Don't they hold vancouver's and arizona's pick? If 1 or 2 go out they just might become the oilers of the east.