The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
FlyingCoffeeTables

2020 Playoffs

11 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Imagine being on Boston or Carolina right now. Hockey players love going through their pre-game routines and now they gotta be ready for 11 in the morning after all the preparation they did for tonight. I mean they're professionals so it's probably not a big deal to them but I'd be so annoyed. It is pretty neat how fluid the schedule is now though. Adds another wrinkle teams might have to prepare for. Vancouver and Dallas are still here so I'm looking forward to seeing how late/early in the morning a game can end in the bubble. 

Ohhh seriously. I'd be piddlesed too haha just thinking the equivalent for my job or something...yeah, I'd be pretty upset lol but also I'm never gonna complain about having more time for something haha

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I'd say neither. Theo just had a playoffs were he showed good signs but was getting pushed off the puck too often and had bad turnovers (see: he easily got pushed off the puck in that game against the Hawks which led directly to a shorthanded goal). And Manson was showing greater signs...his next season he posted one of the highest +/- in the league.

We also were just done with a playoff run that got us a couple wins away from the Finals that was easily from just how injured we got/a terrible back-up goalie. ie we were in a win sooner than later mood. And we had Fowler who was instrumental in that run, especially that epic game against Edmonton. And, if I remember correctly Beiksa was brought on as a request from Kesler, far and away our most consistent and best forward.

I don't blame Murray for a second for what happened with the expansion draft. And there's absolutely no way to be able to say Theo would be this brilliant defenseman if he stayed with us. He was given a better opportunity in Vegas.

Theo played only 53 games for the Ducks so I don’t think that’s nearly enough of a sample size to judge him on. Even when he was here, his skating ability and outlet passing were noticeable and he held his own quarterbacking the PP. Losing him was going to sting but it shouldn’t have been this bad, which you can blame far more on Murray.

The reasons behind moving Theo made sense and we just happened to get burned. It happens, but Murray has been burned way too many times.

12 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Theo played only 53 games for the Ducks so I don’t think that’s nearly enough of a sample size to judge him on. Even when he was here, his skating ability and outlet passing were noticeable and he held his own quarterbacking the PP. Losing him was going to sting but it shouldn’t have been this bad, which you can blame far more on Murray.

The reasons behind moving Theo made sense and we just happened to get burned. It happens, but Murray has been burned way too many times.

Yeah, it is. But also with the team just coming so close to the finals, it makes sense to get rid of the young guy. And at first we weren't really being hurt by it but now we are hurting. If stings 'cause our current D has fallen apart...which I think is less on the players and MUCH more on our assistants!!! ...which is on Murray, too. Honestly, succeed or fail, it's on Murray.

Pittsburgh just fired their assistants...not sure if any of them would be an upgrade....

Also, Ritchie doing Ritchie things to get that 2nd bruins goal...goalie had it covered and Nick just basically pushed it out of his glove

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I don't blame Murray for a second for what happened with the expansion draft. And there's absolutely no way to be able to say Theo would be this brilliant defenseman if he stayed with us. He was given a better opportunity in Vegas.

my thoughts exactly.  if people want to bash on BM, there's plenty of other stuff to choose from.  Theo's exchange in the expansion draft and his subsequent rise in stature isn't one of BM's mistakes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fisix said:

my thoughts exactly.  if people want to bash on BM, there's plenty of other stuff to choose from.  Theo's exchange in the expansion draft and his subsequent rise in stature isn't one of BM's mistakes.

Yeah, for me the Wild Bill trade and NOT FIRING THE ASSISTANTS YET are much much worse and really piddleing me off he hasn't done yet.......

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, for me the Wild Bill trade and NOT FIRING THE ASSISTANTS YET are much much worse and really piddleing me off he hasn't done yet.......

sigh.  well, we can't agree on everything i guess .  ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fisix said:

the call was "correct" why Rod didn't go after goalie interference to turn over the call I don't know...it wasn't a hand pass...but the whistle wasn't blown...and i think it still stands. The issue was no whistle. There was no whistle and no bruin got in the way of stopping Mrzak from making the save....it's very unfortunate....

But also give me some Suzuki!! some zuki zuki!

So Kevin Bieksa is an analyst on Sportsnet now and he brought up how he played with someone who blew out his knee during pregame hackey-sack. He said he wasn't going to expose the guy's name but mentioned how he's currently in the playoff bubble.. Any guesses who he's talking about? Cause our team has been so cursed with injuries over the last couple of years I'm drawing a blank. Perry?

11 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

So Kevin Bieksa is an analyst on Sportsnet now and he brought up how he played with someone who blew out his knee during pregame hackey-sack. He said he wasn't going to expose the guy's name but mentioned how he's currently in the playoff bubble.. Any guesses who he's talking about? Cause our team has been so cursed with injuries over the last couple of years I'm drawing a blank. Perry?

hmmmm Perry, Thompson, Freddie, Hagelin, Khudobin, Maroon, Perron, Ritchie, Theo, Vats, Wagner, Kase, Grant...I believe those are the ones who are currently in the bubble who also played with Bieksa from the Ducks...... well except Cogs, 'cause we all know it wouldn't be him.

hmmm my guess would be Ritchie lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Nice game by carolina. Hopefully they knock out Boston and avenge last season. Plus, we’d get the 27th overall pick!

Yes, seriously. I'm all for Canes going all the way...

Also. Man. This Flames/Stars series is getting EPIC. Ugh, so nice to see Perry being the Perry we've seen him be...so nice to see he still has it in him!

The only way the Yotes win this series is if Kuemper is out of his mind good (which he can be), Grubauer plays average or below (probably not happening), and they play a slow, defensive game taking advantage of a mistake the Avs make....don't get into a speed match with the Avs...you will lose lol

I feel bad for Yotes fans....I mean, look at this team. They've got SUCH talent...but just aren't breaking through.

It's so weird hearing NHL analysts talk about Corey Perry for his veteran leadership and winning experience instead of angrily foaming at the mouth over his mere existence and openly wishing someone would end his career. Funny what a change of uniform can do for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's so weird hearing NHL analysts talk about Corey Perry for his veteran leadership and winning experience instead of angrily foaming at the mouth over his mere existence and openly wishing someone would end his career. Funny what a change of uniform can do for you. 

i was thinking the same thing last night!!

also, man, it's so nice to see how much passion he still has, especially when he scored...honestly...when he left the Ducks he took that passion. our team misses that. he really added that.

Ugh...Arizona needs a better system or something Keumper...wow he is standing his head and the rest of the team is giving him no support. I don't understand why they are so bad? They have so many good players! Is it the coaching? it must be the coaching right?

on the one hand, i'm surprised the NHL couldn't find anyone to purchase advertising on the seat covers.

on the other hand, NBCSN is the absolute worst as far as penetration to the general public goes.

sigh.

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

on the one hand, i'm surprised the NHL couldn't find anyone to purchase advertising on the seat covers.

on the other hand, NBCSN is the absolute worst as far as penetration to the general public goes.

sigh.

yeah these broadcasters (minus Doc) are pretty weak...

I think they just wanted a clean look for the stands.

Also, it's so frustrating sometimes rooting for these underdogs lol...just they make such weird decisions at times and don't seem to always have a nose for blood...but...I guess that's why they're underdogs lol

Theo scored the only knights goal...but also had a HORRIBLE pinch that lead to the empty net...he's obviously better now than he was when with us, but still not without his glaring flaws. (who isn't without that though, I know, just I know a lot of people like to look at him as the "ugh, we should have kept him!" but he'd be frustrating us if we did is all I'm saying)

57 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Theo scored the only knights goal...but also had a HORRIBLE pinch that lead to the empty net...he's obviously better now than he was when with us, but still not without his glaring flaws. (who isn't without that though, I know, just I know a lot of people like to look at him as the "ugh, we should have kept him!" but he'd be frustrating us if we did is all I'm saying)

It's not so much the fact that we lost him that bothers me. Considering where the team was that summer (fresh off a conference finals appearance, ideally going for one or two more runs at a title with this core) it honestly was one of the better expansion draft outcomes possible. It's the fact that Theo's departure was a direct result of that unearned and downright insane Kevin Bieksa extension that's upsetting. Still one of the worst moves Murray has made and it's even more ridiculous in hindsight seeing as how Bieska was basically brought in to replace Wisniewski, another huge mistake that never should have happened dating back to 2010 when his brainless play style stressed out Scott Niedermayer into an early retirement.

Edited by PetrSykora

11 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's not so much the fact that we lost him that bothers me. Considering where the team was that summer (fresh off a conference finals appearance, ideally going for one or two more runs at a title with this core) it honestly was one of the better expansion draft outcomes possible. It's the fact that Theo's departure was a direct result of that unearned and downright insane Kevin Bieksa extension that's upsetting. Still one of the worst moves Murray has made and it's even more ridiculous in hindsight seeing as how Bieska was basically brought in to replace Wisniewski, another huge mistake that never should have happened dating back to 2010 when his brainless play style stressed out Scott Niedermayer into an early retirement.

Yeah the Wiz trade was always baffling...and wait. for real? Wiz's play bothered Scotty so much he didn't want to keep playing??????

really enjoyed the Blues v. Canucks game last night.  the skill in that game was the highest level i've seen so far this post season.

i absolutely love that Vancouver seems to almost never cycle back behind their goal - they always find a man up the ice and pass out of their d-zone.

i think our issues with that are half and half our D (especially Cam) needing the 'perfect' pass before they're comfortable, and our F's just not being able to open up with speed and reliably receive passes.

anyway, that series is worth watching. Perron is in beast mode, and the Canucks Pettersen line is really super to watch (though now and then they need to shoot higher percentage shot placements).

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

really enjoyed the Blues v. Canucks game last night.  the skill in that game was the highest level i've seen so far this post season.

i absolutely love that Vancouver seems to almost never cycle back behind their goal - they always find a man up the ice and pass out of their d-zone.

i think our issues with that are half and half our D (especially Cam) needing the 'perfect' pass before they're comfortable, and our F's just not being able to open up with speed and reliably receive passes.

anyway, that series is worth watching. Perron is in beast mode, and the Canucks Pettersen line is really super to watch (though now and then they need to shoot higher percentage shot placements).

YES! Those games have been fantastic.

Honestly, Philly/Habs and BJs/Lightning and Canes/Bruins has been pretty exciting, too. Actually Hawks/Knights has been kinda exciting, too....Flames/Stars, too...I dunno, I'm getting excited about a lot of these haha except Caps/Isles and Yotes/Avs lol

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Come on, Hurricanes.  How are you going to do that to me?  Now we've got to be subjected to more Bruins.

ugh, right? That 3rd period from the Bruins was just...dominating. Also that hit from McAvoy...I don't understand why Staal had to leave the game? Concussion protocol? If that's the case...then like...McAvoy ABSOLUTELY should be disciplined...how can there be hits dangerous enough to force the player hit to leave the game, but not dangerous enough to discipline the player who gave the hit???

it's like a comedy of errors with this Habs team...from that 2-on-0 where the player just falls down for no reason lol...to on a break out of their own zone passing to a player with no stick.... lol ugh