Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
FlyingCoffeeTables

2020 Playoffs

Recommended Posts

So Kevin Bieksa is an analyst on Sportsnet now and he brought up how he played with someone who blew out his knee during pregame hackey-sack. He said he wasn't going to expose the guy's name but mentioned how he's currently in the playoff bubble.. Any guesses who he's talking about? Cause our team has been so cursed with injuries over the last couple of years I'm drawing a blank. Perry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

So Kevin Bieksa is an analyst on Sportsnet now and he brought up how he played with someone who blew out his knee during pregame hackey-sack. He said he wasn't going to expose the guy's name but mentioned how he's currently in the playoff bubble.. Any guesses who he's talking about? Cause our team has been so cursed with injuries over the last couple of years I'm drawing a blank. Perry?

hmmmm Perry, Thompson, Freddie, Hagelin, Khudobin, Maroon, Perron, Ritchie, Theo, Vats, Wagner, Kase, Grant...I believe those are the ones who are currently in the bubble who also played with Bieksa from the Ducks...... well except Cogs, 'cause we all know it wouldn't be him.

hmmm my guess would be Ritchie lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Nice game by carolina. Hopefully they knock out Boston and avenge last season. Plus, we’d get the 27th overall pick!

Yes, seriously. I'm all for Canes going all the way...

Also. Man. This Flames/Stars series is getting EPIC. Ugh, so nice to see Perry being the Perry we've seen him be...so nice to see he still has it in him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way the Yotes win this series is if Kuemper is out of his mind good (which he can be), Grubauer plays average or below (probably not happening), and they play a slow, defensive game taking advantage of a mistake the Avs make....don't get into a speed match with the Avs...you will lose lol

I feel bad for Yotes fans....I mean, look at this team. They've got SUCH talent...but just aren't breaking through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so weird hearing NHL analysts talk about Corey Perry for his veteran leadership and winning experience instead of angrily foaming at the mouth over his mere existence and openly wishing someone would end his career. Funny what a change of uniform can do for you. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's so weird hearing NHL analysts talk about Corey Perry for his veteran leadership and winning experience instead of angrily foaming at the mouth over his mere existence and openly wishing someone would end his career. Funny what a change of uniform can do for you. 

i was thinking the same thing last night!!

also, man, it's so nice to see how much passion he still has, especially when he scored...honestly...when he left the Ducks he took that passion. our team misses that. he really added that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...Arizona needs a better system or something Keumper...wow he is standing his head and the rest of the team is giving him no support. I don't understand why they are so bad? They have so many good players! Is it the coaching? it must be the coaching right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on the one hand, i'm surprised the NHL couldn't find anyone to purchase advertising on the seat covers.

on the other hand, NBCSN is the absolute worst as far as penetration to the general public goes.

sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fisix said:

on the one hand, i'm surprised the NHL couldn't find anyone to purchase advertising on the seat covers.

on the other hand, NBCSN is the absolute worst as far as penetration to the general public goes.

sigh.

yeah these broadcasters (minus Doc) are pretty weak...

I think they just wanted a clean look for the stands.

Also, it's so frustrating sometimes rooting for these underdogs lol...just they make such weird decisions at times and don't seem to always have a nose for blood...but...I guess that's why they're underdogs lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theo scored the only knights goal...but also had a HORRIBLE pinch that lead to the empty net...he's obviously better now than he was when with us, but still not without his glaring flaws. (who isn't without that though, I know, just I know a lot of people like to look at him as the "ugh, we should have kept him!" but he'd be frustrating us if we did is all I'm saying)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Theo scored the only knights goal...but also had a HORRIBLE pinch that lead to the empty net...he's obviously better now than he was when with us, but still not without his glaring flaws. (who isn't without that though, I know, just I know a lot of people like to look at him as the "ugh, we should have kept him!" but he'd be frustrating us if we did is all I'm saying)

It's not so much the fact that we lost him that bothers me. Considering where the team was that summer (fresh off a conference finals appearance, ideally going for one or two more runs at a title with this core) it honestly was one of the better expansion draft outcomes possible. It's the fact that Theo's departure was a direct result of that unearned and downright insane Kevin Bieksa extension that's upsetting. Still one of the worst moves Murray has made and it's even more ridiculous in hindsight seeing as how Bieska was basically brought in to replace Wisniewski, another huge mistake that never should have happened dating back to 2010 when his brainless play style stressed out Scott Niedermayer into an early retirement.

Edited by PetrSykora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's not so much the fact that we lost him that bothers me. Considering where the team was that summer (fresh off a conference finals appearance, ideally going for one or two more runs at a title with this core) it honestly was one of the better expansion draft outcomes possible. It's the fact that Theo's departure was a direct result of that unearned and downright insane Kevin Bieksa extension that's upsetting. Still one of the worst moves Murray has made and it's even more ridiculous in hindsight seeing as how Bieska was basically brought in to replace Wisniewski, another huge mistake that never should have happened dating back to 2010 when his brainless play style stressed out Scott Niedermayer into an early retirement.

Yeah the Wiz trade was always baffling...and wait. for real? Wiz's play bothered Scotty so much he didn't want to keep playing??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really enjoyed the Blues v. Canucks game last night.  the skill in that game was the highest level i've seen so far this post season.

i absolutely love that Vancouver seems to almost never cycle back behind their goal - they always find a man up the ice and pass out of their d-zone.

i think our issues with that are half and half our D (especially Cam) needing the 'perfect' pass before they're comfortable, and our F's just not being able to open up with speed and reliably receive passes.

anyway, that series is worth watching. Perron is in beast mode, and the Canucks Pettersen line is really super to watch (though now and then they need to shoot higher percentage shot placements).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fisix said:

really enjoyed the Blues v. Canucks game last night.  the skill in that game was the highest level i've seen so far this post season.

i absolutely love that Vancouver seems to almost never cycle back behind their goal - they always find a man up the ice and pass out of their d-zone.

i think our issues with that are half and half our D (especially Cam) needing the 'perfect' pass before they're comfortable, and our F's just not being able to open up with speed and reliably receive passes.

anyway, that series is worth watching. Perron is in beast mode, and the Canucks Pettersen line is really super to watch (though now and then they need to shoot higher percentage shot placements).

YES! Those games have been fantastic.

Honestly, Philly/Habs and BJs/Lightning and Canes/Bruins has been pretty exciting, too. Actually Hawks/Knights has been kinda exciting, too....Flames/Stars, too...I dunno, I'm getting excited about a lot of these haha except Caps/Isles and Yotes/Avs lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Come on, Hurricanes.  How are you going to do that to me?  Now we've got to be subjected to more Bruins.

ugh, right? That 3rd period from the Bruins was just...dominating. Also that hit from McAvoy...I don't understand why Staal had to leave the game? Concussion protocol? If that's the case...then like...McAvoy ABSOLUTELY should be disciplined...how can there be hits dangerous enough to force the player hit to leave the game, but not dangerous enough to discipline the player who gave the hit???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's like a comedy of errors with this Habs team...from that 2-on-0 where the player just falls down for no reason lol...to on a break out of their own zone passing to a player with no stick.... lol ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was 2-2 for last night...

I mean, I don't want to see the Hawks win another cup...but definitely want them to take out the Knights 'cause the Hawks have a lot less chance of winning a cup if they advance than the Knights do lol...

But anyway, it is what it is...but geez...honestly...the way the Knights play...it sometimes feels like they have 6 or 7 guys out there...its crazy! It's like "what?! where did that guy come from?! isn't there....*counts*....did he teleport?!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed yesterday's games and thought my phone was broken when that 7-1 score kept showing up again with all the other scores. Took me a minute to realize the Arizona Coyotes were the only broken thing here and they really just lost back to back playoff games 7-1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

I missed yesterday's games and thought my phone was broken when that 7-1 score kept showing up again with all the other scores. Took me a minute to realize the Arizona Coyotes were the only broken thing here and they really just lost back to back playoff games 7-1.

yeah...it was so hard to watch...those last 2 games...it just felt like Arizona had no business being there...honestly, I feel like the Ducks could have done better against the Avs (not win, but not 7-1 back to back losses)... it reminded me a bit (ironically) of this, too lol

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't think Colorado is quite as good as they showed in those two games, but they were dominant.  Arizona barely got to touch the puck.  Part of that is the Coyotes aren't that good and part is that I think their souls were crushed at some point in game four and they never recovered, but they're still an NHL team.  With Rask and Stamkos out, I feel like the Cup winner will be whoever wins between Vegas and Colorado.  If we don't get that series in the Western Finals, I'm going to be really disappointed.  But I would love to see Stamkos come back and lead the Lightning to the Cup Finals against the Avs.  Hedman vs. McKinnon would be a blast.

I think the Lightning have a real shot now...they looked uneasy with themselves during that first round...but I think it was 'cause they didn't have confidence in themselves just knowing how things went last season...but I think defeating the BJs they're gonna come out next round as a very dominant team...closer to how they looked during the regular season. And get Stamkos back?! Yeah, watch out.

I've been really impressed with Vancouver, too. And the Stars at time look like a very tough team. Arizona couldn't take to the Avs physically...but Dallas can...Calgary could, too, absolutely. The remaining teams in the west all look pretty legit...finger crossed for the Stars tonight!

Also, this Caps/Isles game is just uninspired...wow...it's a shame one of these teams gets to advance and not the BJs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh....damnit Stars....not very optimistic for them right now....especially with Pavelski, Perry, and Cogs on that team...they all...some of them more so than others...know a thing or 2 about losing Game 6 and Game 7s.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Ugh....damnit Stars....not very optimistic for them right now....especially with Pavelski, Perry, and Cogs on that team...they all...some of them more so than others...know a thing or 2 about losing Game 6 and Game 7s.........

They heard you all the way through the bubble.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

They heard you all the way through the bubble.

i thought they might...... ;) 

wow I cannot believe the Flames crashed and burned....and basically thanks to Lucic and Talbot lol...ohhh man....so sweet......

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...