The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
FlyingCoffeeTables

2020 Playoffs

was 2-2 for last night...

I mean, I don't want to see the Hawks win another cup...but definitely want them to take out the Knights 'cause the Hawks have a lot less chance of winning a cup if they advance than the Knights do lol...

But anyway, it is what it is...but geez...honestly...the way the Knights play...it sometimes feels like they have 6 or 7 guys out there...its crazy! It's like "what?! where did that guy come from?! isn't there....*counts*....did he teleport?!"

• Like 1

I missed yesterday's games and thought my phone was broken when that 7-1 score kept showing up again with all the other scores. Took me a minute to realize the Arizona Coyotes were the only broken thing here and they really just lost back to back playoff games 7-1.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

I missed yesterday's games and thought my phone was broken when that 7-1 score kept showing up again with all the other scores. Took me a minute to realize the Arizona Coyotes were the only broken thing here and they really just lost back to back playoff games 7-1.

yeah...it was so hard to watch...those last 2 games...it just felt like Arizona had no business being there...honestly, I feel like the Ducks could have done better against the Avs (not win, but not 7-1 back to back losses)... it reminded me a bit (ironically) of this, too lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I don't think Colorado is quite as good as they showed in those two games, but they were dominant.  Arizona barely got to touch the puck.  Part of that is the Coyotes aren't that good and part is that I think their souls were crushed at some point in game four and they never recovered, but they're still an NHL team.  With Rask and Stamkos out, I feel like the Cup winner will be whoever wins between Vegas and Colorado.  If we don't get that series in the Western Finals, I'm going to be really disappointed.  But I would love to see Stamkos come back and lead the Lightning to the Cup Finals against the Avs.  Hedman vs. McKinnon would be a blast.

6 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't think Colorado is quite as good as they showed in those two games, but they were dominant.  Arizona barely got to touch the puck.  Part of that is the Coyotes aren't that good and part is that I think their souls were crushed at some point in game four and they never recovered, but they're still an NHL team.  With Rask and Stamkos out, I feel like the Cup winner will be whoever wins between Vegas and Colorado.  If we don't get that series in the Western Finals, I'm going to be really disappointed.  But I would love to see Stamkos come back and lead the Lightning to the Cup Finals against the Avs.  Hedman vs. McKinnon would be a blast.

I think the Lightning have a real shot now...they looked uneasy with themselves during that first round...but I think it was 'cause they didn't have confidence in themselves just knowing how things went last season...but I think defeating the BJs they're gonna come out next round as a very dominant team...closer to how they looked during the regular season. And get Stamkos back?! Yeah, watch out.

I've been really impressed with Vancouver, too. And the Stars at time look like a very tough team. Arizona couldn't take to the Avs physically...but Dallas can...Calgary could, too, absolutely. The remaining teams in the west all look pretty legit...finger crossed for the Stars tonight!

Also, this Caps/Isles game is just uninspired...wow...it's a shame one of these teams gets to advance and not the BJs

Ugh....damnit Stars....not very optimistic for them right now....especially with Pavelski, Perry, and Cogs on that team...they all...some of them more so than others...know a thing or 2 about losing Game 6 and Game 7s.........

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Ugh....damnit Stars....not very optimistic for them right now....especially with Pavelski, Perry, and Cogs on that team...they all...some of them more so than others...know a thing or 2 about losing Game 6 and Game 7s.........

They heard you all the way through the bubble.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

They heard you all the way through the bubble.

i thought they might...... ;) 

wow I cannot believe the Flames crashed and burned....and basically thanks to Lucic and Talbot lol...ohhh man....so sweet......

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

i thought they might...... ;) 

wow I cannot believe the Flames crashed and burned....and basically thanks to Lucic and Talbot lol...ohhh man....so sweet......

Yeah, Lucic taking an absolutely bone-headed penalty to start their collapse was really on point. Just need Boston to do the same in the next round.

Well the preds and the flames (blind hatred) and  to a lesser extent the leafs (more dislike) are all out so all is good in the world again. I'm pulling for the Avs and the stars (never thought I'd say that) because of Perry & Cogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, Lucic taking an absolutely bone-headed penalty to start their collapse was really on point. Just need Boston to do the same in the next round.

YES. Seriously. And Talbot went from 2016/17 Talbot to 2017/18 Talbot almost seamlessly lol

27 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Well the preds and the flames (blind hatred) and  to a lesser extent the leafs (more dislike) are all out so all is good in the world again. I'm pulling for the Avs and the stars (never thought I'd say that) because of Perry & Cogs

Same! And Khudobin! I also have a bit of a soft spot for Philly and Montreal...Montreal 'cause man wouldn't it just be crazy for a 24th seed team to win the cup...and Philly for Grant/Thompson ...(sorry Kase and Ritchie...but we need that pick to be as low as possible lol)

that Stars/Flames game was UGLY.  i don't feel optimistic about Dallas in the next round at all.  

when the Flames moved their goalie out the first time... me any everyone else was like: no, it's not him, it's the craptastic defense.  did you guys see that one faceoff-->goal where the one Flames player didn't even get his stick on the ice to defend the shot? 

i don't know what the coach was saying in the in-between times, but whatever it was, it sucked.  i would not put it past that team getting in a physical fight with Lucic in the locker room... or wanting to, but just sitting there sulking instead.  super, massive, meltdown.

cherry on top - I will always root against the team with Giordano on it.  he's made my Dehydrated Donkey Dung list for life, and every time i see him play in a series he just reinforces the hate.

5 minutes ago, Fisix said:

when the Flames moved their goalie out the first time... me any everyone else was like: no, it's not him, it's the craptastic defense.  did you guys see that one faceoff-->goal where the one Flames player didn't even get his stick on the ice to defend the shot? 

in a TIE game nonetheless....like....wow....and yes! haha he had the stick UPSIDE DOWN. Wow. The team lacks real leadership....Giordano is not a leader. And it shows. Dude, I don't care if you had a 3-goal lead....at 3-3....it's JUST a BRAND new hockey game. That's all. But I'm sure they were just sulking. But I don't complain haha, go stars! If they get Bishop back...and Khudobin stands on his head....and they are physical....they can beat the Avs. Dallas has the edge in defense/goaltending I'd say....obviously Avs have the edge in scoring. But especially with Bishop back and if they can be physical against the Avs...it can be a real series.

Priority #1 -- get under Kadri's skin. Get him to go back to his physical, over the line ways. Back to what he's "used to" ...be physical with the team and try to keep it a low scoring game. Low scoring game = good for stars. Look at the BJs system against Toronto...do that. Keep them from scoring for as long as possible and wait for the mistakes, the transition, and be opportunistic. The odds are not in the Stars favor...but that's how they can do it.

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Priority #1 -- get under Kadri's skin. Get him to go back to his physical, over the line ways. Back to what he's "used to" ...be physical with the team and try to keep it a low scoring game. 

that has Perry written all. over. it.  :)

• Like 1

Well I guess at this point, my ranking for who I'm rooting for goes:

Dallas, Philly, Vancouver, Tampa, NYIslanders, Colorado, Vegas, Boston...

Where I feel like the odds are just the opposite...lol

On 8/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, Jasoaks said:

yeah...it was so hard to watch...those last 2 games...it just felt like Arizona had no business being there...honestly, I feel like the Ducks could have done better against the Avs (not win, but not 7-1 back to back losses)... it reminded me a bit (ironically) of this, too lol

The part where the Detroit player just blatantly stomps on his head with his skate gets me every time 😂💀. Overall it was pretty accurate! It was hard to watch those last 2 Yotes games for sure. Colorado looks scary good.

• Haha 1

Hey Everyone,

I have not been able to watch any of the games live, I've only seen  highlights on Youtube.  But it seems to me (based on the highlights) that almost nobody on any team is bothering with defense.. It all seems to be hail Mary passes and run n gun offense. More so than I can ever remember. Am I the only one who sees it that way? I can't imagine the current Ducks team doing well against this type of play.

Edited by Shadowduck

2 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Hey Everyone,

I have not been able to watch any of the games live, I've only seen  highlights on Youtube.  But it seems to me (based on the highlights) that almost nobody on any team is bothering with defense.. It all seems to be hail Mary passes and run n gun offense. More so than I can ever remember. Am I the only one who sees it that way? I can't imagine the current Ducks team doing well against this type of play.

Well it does seem that the more defensively strong teams are out lol or the ones that were implementing more of a D-first type of system...hm...interesting. Yeah, like all the goalies playing out of their minds couldn't shoulder their teams...Price, Keumper, Korpisalo...some good goalies still in the mix obviously, but yeah, interesting observation.

• Like 1

I will say this...Weber terrifies me....I know he's out...but like...after that crosscheck penalty he took...his eyes...his demeanor...it put the "mean" in demeanor...it looked like he like...wouldn't even pretend to complain about that crosschecking penalty...or show any sort of frustration with the call...he just kept that death stare going...like...like he learned nothing from the penalty...like he did it knowing he'd get a penalty and didn't care. But not in a dirty way, like in a...madman way... I dunno...with that beard...it was all just...*shudder* 

If the Avs don't have their #1 goalie in...I don't think they really have a chance. Colorado is a great team...but once injuries come in to play...their depth weakness really shows. But maybe this back up can really turn it on and stand on his head...not impossible! Better to know how he's gonna be in Game 1 instead of like a Game 5 6 or 7 lol they can adjust better with less of a consequence

But man...it's crazy to look at Dallas' game 6, 7-3 win...no POINTS from Benn, Seguin, or Radulov....

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

If the Avs don't have their #1 goalie in...I don't think they really have a chance. Colorado is a great team...but once injuries come in to play...their depth weakness really shows. But maybe this back up can really turn it on and stand on his head...not impossible! Better to know how he's gonna be in Game 1 instead of like a Game 5 6 or 7 lol they can adjust better with less of a consequence

But man...it's crazy to look at Dallas' game 6, 7-3 win...no POINTS from Benn, Seguin, or Radulov....

Francouz the backup is pretty darn solid actually. Went 21-7-4 in the regular season with a 2.41 GAA and a .923 SV%. I’m not worried about the goaltending for Colorado  but more worried about their depth as you stated previously. I think the last game maybe woke them up like “hey this isn’t an Arizona caliber team.” 
With guys like  Perry , Cogliano, and Pavelski, they have so much playoff experience. You could see it when Pavelski and Perry have both stepped up huge in big games last series. Colorado will definitely win 2 games in the series in my opinion, but is it enough? Guess we will find out. I picked Dallas to beat Colorado in my bracket just because of experience alone. 
Kadri and Jost playing well are the key factors for me , and Kadri has been. Gonna be a good series.

3 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Francouz the backup is pretty darn solid actually. Went 21-7-4 in the regular season with a 2.41 GAA and a .923 SV%. I’m not worried about the goaltending for Colorado  but more worried about their depth as you stated previously. I think the last game maybe woke them up like “hey this isn’t an Arizona caliber team.” 
With guys like  Perry , Cogliano, and Pavelski, they have so much playoff experience. You could see it when Pavelski and Perry have both stepped up huge in big games last series. Colorado will definitely win 2 games in the series in my opinion, but is it enough? Guess we will find out. I picked Dallas to beat Colorado in my bracket just because of experience alone. 
Kadri and Jost playing well are the key factors for me , and Kadri has been. Gonna be a good series.

I'm gonna go out on a limb...and say...no haha ;)

but, seriously, I get what you mean. But I actually didn't realize that about Francouz...so, ok, cool! I mean, I still give the edge to Dallas with goaltending Bishop/Khudobin...but looking at the regular season stats...yeah Francouz is up there, too. Him being in net for the Yotes loss put a sour taste in my mouth with him haha

I also picked Dallas to win for the depth reasons. But yeah, man, it's gonna be a good series! Perry vs. Kadri...I want to see that haha come on Pears! Get under his skin!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, Shadowduck said:

Hey Everyone,

The highlights tend to skew toward offensive play, so you might be seeing a biased sample size.  There has been some decent defense, the Islanders being the prime example.  But honestly, if this is what the NHL is from now on, good.  Open games with a lot of offense are fun to watch.  I have no desire to watch trapping, slow hockey.

Yes, you're right that the Ducks as they're currently constructed can't compete, but hopefully they'll get there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fisix said:

man, that Vegas vs. Vancouver game.... woof.

Yeeeeeeep!....made me think we might be able to get the 30th pick!... that Jake Neighbors is looking pretty good!