The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

Seattle Kraken!

What do you guys think???????? I like it! I'm not surprised by the decision...and I'm glad they went with it.

Although not the most comfortable thing to say lol it's at least a cool idea for a team name.

I LOVE their colors, too! And the whole aesthetic they have going on...with the storm/ocean feel...although I'd rather the logo was based off of the "K" instead of the "S" but I still like the logo. Although something about it still feels a bit...like a minor league team and I can't quite figure out why...

Anyway, overall I find it exciting!

The S was meant to pay homage to the Seattle Metropolitans. I also like it a lot. Great marketability and will make for a good pregame show.

The Kracken name doesn't really roll off the tongue.  It's going to be shortened immediately to Kracks, and that's just wrong.

The colors are good.

I think I would have preferred the Tempests... and the shortened name would be the Pests (which is awesome if they learn to grind).

20 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

What do you guys think???????? I like it! I'm not surprised by the decision...and I'm glad they went with it.

Although not the most comfortable thing to say lol it's at least a cool idea for a team name.

I LOVE their colors, too! And the whole aesthetic they have going on...with the storm/ocean feel...although I'd rather the logo was based off of the "K" instead of the "S" but I still like the logo. Although something about it still feels a bit...like a minor league team and I can't quite figure out why...

Anyway, overall I find it exciting!

It's alright the Uni's are abit bland...but I am looking forward for our Ducks to go Squid hunting and fry some calamari.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

They hired Dave Baseggio to be their director of scouting. Dave held the same position with the Ducks. Has been with the Ducks for 12 years and was an assistant to Murray. I hate Seattle already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ike-1 said:

The S was meant to pay homage to the Seattle Metropolitans. I also like it a lot. Great marketability and will make for a good pregame show.

exactly!! Just by watching their marketing videos with the stormy weather...makes me suuuper stoked for their pregame show!! And yeah, I get why the S. I'm still on board lol

2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

It's alright the Uni's are abit bland...but I am looking forward for our Ducks to go Squid hunting and fry some calamari.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

mmmm that can be a fun pre-gam ritual when we play them...fry up some calamari!

19 hours ago, Fisix said:

The Kracken name doesn't really roll off the tongue.  It's going to be shortened immediately to Kracks, and that's just wrong.

The colors are good.

I think I would have preferred the Tempests... and the shortened name would be the Pests (which is awesome if they learn to grind).

HA! yes!! And their fans will be Krack-heads!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

And they play in the Krack-house.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dukitup said:

lol.  see, i think someone went with that name in a Covid mental haze of some kind.  the jokes just write themselves...

• Like 1

The name is kind of silly but I like it. Doesn't take itself too seriously and also doesn't try way too hard to sound fierce like basically every new team from 1998 on. The logo is clean too. Could've used less of that modern style graphic design shading every new sports logo is hampered with but at least it's mostly 2D like a good hockey crest should be and doesn't try to jump off the sweater. The colours suck though. Navy blue almost always looks extremely drab on ice and there's already a solid chunk of the league wearing that shade. Seattle is a green city, I have no idea why they didn't run with that. The lighter surf blue or whatever they call that shade is cool though. Overall the uniforms just look like the early 2000s Naslund/Bertuzzi Canucks which is kind of disappointing considering where they could've taken it.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:21 AM, dukitup said:

They hired Dave Baseggio to be their director of scouting. Dave held the same position with the Ducks. Has been with the Ducks for 12 years and was an assistant to Murray. I hate Seattle already.

He was Director of Pro Scouting with the Ducks. Martin Madden has been our Director of Amateur Scouting since 2008. He was just promoted to Assistant GM, I am guessing because Seattle was sniffing around. Madden is the guy we didn't want to lose.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:55 AM, Jasoaks said:

On 7/31/2020 at 11:20 AM, dukitup said:

I honestly don't get how the NHL allowed them to pick Kraken because of this.

How is it a good look when inevitably the fans are called Krack-heads and the arena the Krak-house (and season ticket holders Krack-addicts).

I don't see how that is good for hockey, or getting kids/families into the sport.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, nieder said:

I honestly don't get how the NHL allowed them to pick Kraken because of this.

How is it a good look when inevitably the fans are called Krack-heads and the arena the Krak-house (and season ticket holders Krack-addicts).

I don't see how that is good for hockey, or getting kids/families into the sport.

Seattle Kraken management may need to look Other "Names" To call their fans and Arena.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/30/2020 at 1:59 AM, Fisix said:

Wonder if they are going to have Cthulu as Mascot....lol.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Whelp. Gallant is off the table for the Kracks:

https://www.nhl.com/news/gerard-gallant-to-be-hired-as-next-coach-of-rangers/c-325329788

i'm still wondering why Vegas fired him.  but, whatever it was, the Rangers believe it's a step forward for them.

AND the panthers....both of which were done with a winning record, right? it's fascinating....curious to see how this goes! and sad to not see a coach coach be 2 expansions team's first coach consecutively lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

AND the panthers....both of which were done with a winning record, right? it's fascinating....curious to see how this goes! and sad to not see a coach coach be 2 expansions team's first coach consecutively lol

It's strange, as he seems to get good performances out of his teams but for whatever reason wears out his welcome quickly. Makes me wonder if his players like him but he's too abrasive with management.

36 minutes ago, nieder said:

It's strange, as he seems to get good performances out of his teams but for whatever reason wears out his welcome quickly. Makes me wonder if his players like him but he's too abrasive with management.

One of the podcasts I was listening to (can't remember which one now) made it sound like Gallant is a terrific motivator but not much of an Xs and Os guy. He can apparently squeeze every drop of effort out of a group, but tactically he is outmatched by the better coaches in the league. A bit like Boudreau maybe.

• Haha 1

sorry for laughing at the word "tactically" - I'm not sure that is a word in the ducks coaching vocabulary...

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Dave Hakstol hired as head coach!

Phew! Friedman said Kevin Dineen was one of the finalists, and I was worried Seattle was going to steal the Ducks coach for the 2022-23 season. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Dave Hakstol hired as head coach!

Boy, talk about recycling...

An uninspiring hire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hoxxey said:

Boy, talk about recycling...

How so?  He's a young coach (52) who had moderate success in his 40s as part of one pretty brief stint.

This is only his second "cycle".

7 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Phew! Friedman said Kevin Dineen was one of the finalists, and I was worried Seattle was going to steal the Ducks coach for the 2022-23 season. :ph34r:

oh wow! oh my god....that would have been heartbreaking